THE RETURN

The Hae Dal Chi Chronicles

Author's POV

 

The Chois arrived early in the morning at the airport. There were very few people in the airport today which was a big relief for them. They would not have to worry too much about security.

FLIGHT KE085 FROM NEW YORK HAS ARRIVED.

"Where are they??" Sooyoung asked anxiously. She was starting to get worried as passengers from the said flight began to fill the arrival area. However, there was still no sign of their cousins.

"Calm down Sooyoungie. I'm sure they'll be here soon. You know how they are." Siwon said as he patted his sister's head in comfort.

"I'm pretty sure the unnie  is the cause of this delay." Sooyoung sighed while Siwon chuckled in response.

"No doubt about it." He added.


 

Meanwhile, the flight crew were busy watching a young lady who was trying to wake her sister up. They were  who the only passengers left on the plane. Fortunately, they were VIPs of the airlines thus the crew already knew them and waited patiently for them. Annoyance was writtten all over the dongsaeng's face as she tried with all her might to break her unnie's slumber.

"Unnie! Unnie! Wake up will you?!? Krystal said, irritation evident in her voice as she shook her sister. Fortunately, Jessica finally woke up and looked at her sister questioningly.

"Waeyo? What's with the attitude Krys?" Jessica asked as she started to fix her self.

"Aish! I've been trying to wake you up for 15 minutes already. Look! We're the only ones left onboard." Krystal said with crossed arms.Jessica looked around and confirmed her sister's statement. She smiled sheepishly and hugged her sister.

"Mianhe. I just couldn't break away from that sleep. That was the longest sleep I've had in days." Jessica said apologetically.
Krystal sighed as she suddenly felt guilty for impatiently waking her sister. Indeed, Jessica has been so busy the past days that she hasn't been sleeping very well. She was very busy preparing everything they needed for their return.

"Mian.." Krystal muttered. Jessica just smiled at her dongsaeng and ruffled her hair.
"Aigoo.. Anyway, let's go! I'm sure Soo is freaking out right now." Jessica said as she stood up and gathered her things. Krystal followed her and they alighted the plane.
"Thanks so much guys. I'm so sorry for making you wait." Jessica said to the flight crew before leaving. Krystal nodded with a smile as the crew bid them farewell.
"Have fun on your stay Ms. Jessica, Ms. Krystal. Welcome back to Korea."


After almost half an hour of waiting, the Chois finally saw their cousins. The boys gleamed with happiness as they welcomed their cousins with warm hugs.
"Yah! What took you so long?! You overslept again didn't you?!" Sooyoung said after hugging her cousins. The boys chuckled at the sight.
"Oh boy. Here we go..Soo-monster on the loose." Minho thought to himself.
Jessica grinned in reply while Krystal just pointed at her unnie. "I tried Soo-unnie. I really did."
Sooyoung was about to continue her sermon when Siwon came to their rescue.
"Arasso. That's enough. We can talk more about this when we get home. I'm really hungry. I bet you two also are. Kaja!" Siwon said while pushing everyone towards their car.
Sooyoung raised her hands in frustration and just put an arm around the two sisters. "Fine. I'm actually hungry too."
Everyone chuckled in amusement at how Sooyoung moves on easily when food is on the line.
"Welcome back you two. We have so much to talk about, especially about our dongsaeng." Seunghyun said with smile to which the two replied with a longing look.
"We're home. We're finally home. Soon, our family will be complete again." Krystal said to Jessica. Jessica nodded in agreement.
"Soon. Just wait for us Soojin.ah. Your unnies are here now. We've come back for you." Jessica thought to herself.