TARGET CONFIRMED!

The Hae Dal Chi Chronicles

Author's POV

 

"We're in position. The High Council leader's about to speak." Siwon reported to his sister while Seunghyun took pictures of the ongoing event.

The two guys were observing discreetly from the 3rd floor of the grand hall, away from everyone's sight. The Hae Dal Chi were assigned to standby near the High Council members and Soojin. Thus, they were able to discreetly pass through the Red Dal guards who were guarding the upper floors. Unfortunately, they could not take a closer look since they do not know the identities of all Hae Dal Chi members, especially those assigned as Soojin's protectors.

 

"...So, help me in welcoming tonight's guest of honor, my beloved goddaughter, our Hae Dal elemental, Jung Soojin!" 

 

The two held their breaths in anticipation. They would finally know if their target is really back in in the country. They watched anxiously as they saw three girls stand up from their seats and went up on stage.

"Which one is Soojin?" Seunghyun said. Siwon continued watching the scene.

Soon after, they finally saw the faces of the girls. One of them stepped forward and stood at the podium while the other two stood behind her.

"That's her, right?! She looks a lot like her siblings!" Seunghyun said in shocked.

"I'm sure that's her! She's really back.. She's all grown up now.." Siwon said, relief and happiness written all over his face.

They continued to observe and took pictures and videos.

 

"Sierra Team.. status report, over." Minho radioed to his cousins as he watched Sooyoung munching off some snacks due to anxiety.

"HQ, target is in the building. I repeat, target is in the building. I'm sending the images to you right now." Seunghyun replied happily.

Sooyoung almost choked on her food upon hearing this while Minho stared in shock at the images on the surveillance screen. Sooyoung moved next to her younger cousin and looked at the images.

"Omo! It really is Soojin!" Sooyoung exclaimed. Big smiles were now painted on their faces.

 

"HQ, program's about to end. Standby for moveout. We have to get a closer look at the target. They're moving to Club Red for the afterparty." Siwon said.

"Copy that. Let's get moving then. I'm excited to see our little cousin up close and personal." Sooyoung said excitedly.