7/25/2009 - Parents’ Problem

P3FES: Junpei and Yukari's untold stories

After school. Gokkoukan High School rooftop.

Yukari invite Junpei to come there for some reason.

“Hey, um...” Yukari start talking, but she seems nervous.

“Oh, never mind,” said Yukari as she loking away.

“Oh come on! What is it?” Junpei seems curious.

“Hey no need to yell!” Yukari yell back at him.

“Y-You might have forgotten about it already. At Yakushima... I said some stupid things. I jast want to say I’m sorry. It’s been bothering me for a while. It’s hard not having a regular family, ya know?” said Yukari when suddenly her cellphone rang.

It was from her mother. Suddenly her expression darken as she step away from Junpei to talk to her mother on the phone.

“...Hello?” Yukari said.

“Do you have a moment to talk?” said her mother.

“Yeah... What?” Yukari’s answer sounds cynical.

“So there’s this guy that I’ve been seeing for a while now...” said her mother.

“So? Get to the point, okay?” Yukari seems reluctant to talk with her mother.

“We are planning to get married soon, so...” Yukari’s mother seems nervous.

“Huh? It’s not funny! How do you think that would make Dad feel?!” Yukari yelled on the phone.

“But we really love each other and...” Yukari’s mother tried to explain the situation desperately.

“Fine! Do whatever you want! Just don’t call me again!” Yukari yet again yelled on the phone as she hung up.

After she hung up she immediately approached Junpei.

“Sorry.” Yukari seems apologetic.

“A-Are you allright?” Junpei seems scared after seeing Yukari on the phone earlier.

“Oh... Yeah.. I’m fine. Thanks for asking,” Yukari seems to have calmed down a little. Although Junpei is curious about who’s on the phone earlier, he doesn’t have the courage to asked her, so he remain silent.

“That was my mom,” Yukari suddenly talk when they decided to sit on the bench.

“She says she wants to get remarried... I don’t really care if she wants to get married again, but I can’t stand how she’s been living... Running away from life, jumping from one guy to another... I don’t think that’s fair to my dad,” Yukari seems to be upset.

“I don’t know anything about your mom, but I’ve been thinking lately. Perhaps my dad become the way he is now because he was run away from something, so maybe your mom did what she did because the same reason as my father,” said Junpei as he gazing through the sky above him.

“Yeah... Perhaps you’re right. Thanks,” said Yukari as she turn her face toward Junpei, smiling.

“But I’ll never be like her. I’ll never be that weak. Running away to forget your problems is the worst thing you can do. I’ve decided that I’m gonna live on my own. I’ll show her that I can be happy that way,” said Yukari with determination.

“All right, that’s the spirit! So where do you wanna go now? Wanna grab some food before going home?” said Junpei in his cheerful voice.

“I guess it’s okay once in a while,” Yukari replied with a smile.

“Sweet! A date with Yuka-tan... I wonder how many guy will kill me if they found out about this,” said Junpei.

Yukari immediately step on Junpei’s foot upon hearing that as she walking ahead, leaving Junpei behind.