7/20/2009 - Eiichiro Takeba’s Betrayal

P3FES: Junpei and Yukari's untold stories

After being shown about what really happen 10 years ago by Takeharu Kirijo, “upset” would be an understatement of Yukari’s mental condition.

“So, that means... my dad caused it all...? The Dark Hour, Tartarus... The people who died in that incident... It was all his fault...?” Yukari said in counfusion.

“Y-You okay Yuka-tan?” Junpei seems worried.

“So, that’s why you were hiding this...? Because you felt sorry for me? Is that it?!” Yukari seems to lost her temper.

“No, Takeba, I...” Mitsuru said as she tried to explain, but before she can continue, Yukari interupt by her shouting.

“I don’t want you pity!!” Yukari shout and the run off.

“Um... Shouldn’t someone fo after her?” Fuuka seems worried about Yukari. Mitsuru let out a sigh and the walk in to Junpei.

“Will you go...? You’re the one who know her the longest,” said Mitsuru.

“...Okay,” said Junpei with a doubt about what he’s going to say.

“Thank you,” Mitsuru seems relieved.

 

After some time looking for her in the mansion, he cant find her there so he decided to went to the beach. And there she is, glaring through the ocean. He decided to approach her. Upon approaching her, she start to talk.

“I believed in him for so long... This is too much...” said Yukari as she about to cry.

“You probably now before this that my father died a long time ago. Now you know the truth, but nobody knew the truth so there were all sorts of rumors... Because he was in charge of the reseach team, people were really mean to me and my mom... We even had to move a few times,” said Yukari as she pouring her hearth out. Jenpei just stay silent and listen to what Yukari had to say.

“But all this time, I kept telling myself that it wasn’t his fault. I loved him a lot and I believed he’d never fo anything wrong. I received a letter back in the spring. It was from him, written ten years ago... It crack me up cuz, even though it said ‘to my family,’ it was pretty much all about me. That only made me believe in him more,” said Yukari as she looking to Junpei’s eyes.

“When I found out I had a special power, I thought it was fate. I was scared, but I thought if I cooperated with Kirijo Group, I might find out what really happen. That’s why I agree to fight using my persona. But, it turns out... all of that was for nothing...” said Yukari as tears start flowing from her eyes.

“Come man, cheer up!” Junpei tried to make Yukari feel better.

“Haha, thanks for trying to make me feel better,” said Yukari as she trying to smile through her tears.

“Why does reality have to be so harsh...? I tried so hard to fight my fear and this is what I get... Maybe I’m just jealous of Mitsuru-senpai. I mean, why my father and not hers...? Haha... I’m a horrible person, aren’t I?” said Yukari, smiling through the ocean.

“No, you’re not... My... dad was always drinking. He’d just sit there and drink, all by himself. And every time he did, he’d get violent over stupidest stuff. When I was a kid and I acted up, I’d get spanked and it would really hurt. But now... He’s lost what strength he had, and I didn’t even notice. There have to be some parents that their kids would be better off without... So to be honest, I kinda envy you and Minato for not having parents,” said Junpei as he tried to explain his situation.  

“Haha... I bet now you’re not such a horrible person compare to me huh?” said Junpei as he tried to crack a joke to lighten up the mood.

“You think you know me?! You don’t know anything!” Yukari yelled to Junpei.

“I’m sorry... My head’s a mess... I’m so afraid... I don’t know what to do anymore... I’m totally lost... Please tell me... What should I do?” said Yukari as she looking down and start to cry again.

Junpei immediately hug her and whisper gently, “Don’t lose hope.”

Yukari shocked at first, but after hearing what Junpei said, she just give in to the situation and nod while still crying.

Suddenly a familiar voice was heard from afar. It was Akihiko’s.

“Hey!!” Akihiko shout. Junpei and Yukari immediately let go of each other.

“What’s taking you so long? Mitsuru asked me to search for you guys since you guys have been out for a long time and it’s almost the Dark Hour. So we should get back,” said Akihiko.

“H-Huh? Oh, yeah, that’s right...” Yukari answered nervously.

 

And then they walk back to the mansion with Akihiko lead the way and Junpei and Yukari follow him.

“You know, I’ve been thinking lately. Once you awaken to the power of Persona, you remember every that happens during the Dark Hour... It’s like trading away your innocence. In exchange for power, you can no longer look awayfrom the things you don’t want to see,” said Yukari to Junpei with a little voice so that Akihiko can’t hear her.

“Yup, so that mean you’re stuck with me and the others,” Junpei said while smiling. Yukari seems to be smiling too.

“But if you tell anyone about what happened in the beach earlier... I won’t ever speak to you again,” Yukari suddenly replied with murder intent in her voice.

“O-Okay,” said Junpei as he nod and fear for his life.