Chidori Yoshino

P3FES: Junpei and Yukari's untold stories

8/20/2009

Daytime. Port Island Station. In front of Rafflesia Flower Store.

Junpei just got off the train after wasting his time all day because he got nothing better to do since it was a summer vacation. He let out a sigh.

“This place is so boring,” said Junpei.

Just as he finished talking to himself, he was shocked to see a girl with a weird white dress in front him. She seems to be drawing something.

“Get out of my way, I can’t see... Move...” said the girl annoyed.

“S-Sorry,” said Junpei as he immediately moved but keep staring at her.

“What do you want?” The girl seems to notice Junpei staring.

“Uh, nothing... My bad,” Junpei seems apologetic.

“Dude, what’s with that outfit? And what the hell is she drawing? Man, I’ll never understand art, Oh well...” Junpei mumbling to himself and take off elsewhere to wasting his time even more.

 

8/29/2009

Daytime. Port Island Station. In front of Rafflesia Flower Store.

Summer break is almost over. Junpei just got off the train after wasting his time yet again because he got nothing better to do. He seems to never consider working his summer homework. He then let out a sigh.

He seems surprised to see that girl with a weird white dress who he saw earlier. He decided to approached her.

“You again...?” said the girl. It seems she remembered Junpei as well.

“Uh, w-well... I mean, I’m surprised you remember me,” said Junpei nervously.

“Same here...” replied the girl.

“Well, you kinda stand out in that dress,” Junpei tried to explain. The girl didn’t respond, she just continue her drawing.

“So... What are you drawing?” Junpei tried to make a conversation.

“Nothing. Why?” asked the girl.

“Uhh, no reason... I was just thinking, it must be nice to have something you’re really into,” Junpei seems desperate.

“It’s no big deal... I only draw because I like to,” The girl replied

“Oh, yeah? Still... I’d like to see it when you’re done, okay?” asked Junpei as he take off. The girl seems to looking to Junpei as he walks away.

 

8/31/2009

Daytime. Port Island Station. In front of Rafflesia Flower Store.

New semester begin tommorow. Rather than working his summer homework, Junpei decided to go to Port Island Station. Hoping to see that girl with a weird white dress again. And fair enough, there she is, drawing as usual. He decided to approach her.

“So, we meet again, huh?” Junpei tried to begin a conversation.

“That’s because you keep coming back,” said the girl as she continue her drawing.

“I’m Junpei. What’s your name? You live around here?” Junpei seems to want to know the girl better, but unfortunately, she didn’t answer.

She then close her sketchbook and walk away when Junpei saw the girl’s hand bleeding.

“He-hey, wait! Your hand...” Junpei tried to stopped her, but the girl ignored him.

“I said, ‘wait’! You’re hurt!” Junpei seems worried.

“What is it with you?! Why don’t you mind your own business?!” The girl seems annoyed.

“But, you’re bleeding, for cryin’ out loud!” Junpei yelled.

“C’mon, show me your hand. You need to put some pressure on it,” said Junpei as he tried to press her hands.

“Why are you so panic?” The girl seems confused.

“Are you crazy? Anyone would freak out over this. You need to see a doctor... You want me to go with you?” said Junpei as he still doing the same things.

The girl take a little pause, and then said, “You’re weird.”

She then walk away and said, “Chidori.”

“Huh?” Junpei seems confused.

“That’s my name. You asked, right, Junpei?” Chidori tried to explain.

“I almost done with the picture. I doubt you’ll understand, but if you want to see it, then you know where to find me,” said Chidori before she walk away for good.

 

9/4/2009

After School. Port Island Station. In front of Rafflesia Flower Store.

Junpei has been gone to Port Island Station after school lately. Hoping to see Chidori again. Today was his lucky day. He met Chidori at the usual place where she sit.

“Yo Chidori. How’s your hand?” said Junpei as he approached her. She then show him her hands.

“Huh? I don’t see anything... Not even a scar... Did it heal that quickly?” Junpei seems amazed.

“Hey Junpei... What do you do to make yourself feel alive?” Chidori asked without answering Junpei’s question.

“Uh... I dunno... Breathing, I guess? Haha...” Junpei tried to crack a joke.

“Y’know, I never really thought about it before. How ‘bout you Chidori? Is that why you draw?” said Junpei with a smile.

“Maybe... But most of these are just scribbles. I don’t understand my very well,” said Chidori, unsure.

 “I see... Mind if I sit here,” said Junpei. Chidori nod, Junpei then sit next to her.

“To thell ya the truth, there is one thing that makes me feel alive... When I get to play hero,” said Junpei. Chidori seems puzzled.

“In the darkest hour, unknown to all but few, the chosen ones stand against forces of evil! Our hero, Junpei, fight to protect the world from these ferrifying monsters!” Junpei sounds like a narrator from some kind of movie.

“Hehe.. Well, you get the idea. That’s when I feel most alive!” said Junpei proudly. However Chidori just keep silent.

“Umm... You’re s’posed to laugh,” said Junpei.

“So... Do you fight all alone...?” asked Chidori, ignoring what Junpei said earlier.

“H-Hey, I was just kiddin’ around...” Junpei seems panic.

“You fight during a time that no one knows about, right? So then, no one knows what you’ve been doing either. That means you’ll never receive any recognition. I’m impressed. I didn’t know you’re that kind of guy” asked Chidori.

“For real? You actually believe me?” Junpei blushing for some reason.

“Tell me more...” Chidori seems curious. Junpei seems confused.

“You really wanna know? Okay, but don’t tell anyone, alright? You see, there’s this special power called ‘Persona,’ and only those who have it can defeat the monsters. That’s what I meant by ‘the chosen ones.’ My friends are fighting too... And ever since I joined ‘em, we’ve been kicking some serious !” Junpei sound proud for some reason.

“Sounds like fun. Are you the leader? Because it sounds like you’re pretty strong,” Chidori smiling.

“Y-Yeah, I-I guess you could say that,” said Junpei reluctantly.

“Thank you Junpei... I had fun today. It’s time for me to go. I’ll see you tommorow, right?” said Chidori as she closed her sketchbook and walk away.

 

9/5/2009

Evening. In front of Iwatodai Dorm.

It was full moon tonight but Junpei seems dissapointed. He wasn’t able to find Chidori at the usual place. Suddenly he heard a familiar voice.

“Don’t move!”

 

Dark Hour. Iwatodai Dorm fourth floor lounge.

The rest of the SEES seems to be worried about the absent of Junpei. They can’t find him anywhere even with the help of Lucia, Fuuka’s persona. They decided to left Junpei be for the time being since they’re about to go on an important mission.

 

Dark Hour. Iwatodai Dorm rooftop.

Junpei was thrown out to the rooftop when the familiar voice start talking.

“I can’t believe how easy it was to sneak up on you. Are the others here just as oblivious?” said the Familiar voice.

“This isn’t funny... Chidori!” Junpei seems upset.

“I want you to do something for me. I have new orders for you to give to your friends. Surely you have the capacity to communicate with them,” said the Familiar voice which turn out to be Chidori’s.

“Me? Give orders?” Junpei seems confused.

“”If you do as I say... You won’t be harmed... All you have to do is call off the mission. Easy, right? And not just the one tonight... All of them,” Chidori continue speaking.

“You want me to cancel the mission? You’re not one of ‘them’, are you?” Junpei seems surprised.

“Quit wasting time,” said Chidori, ignoring Junpei’s question.

“Hey... Please answer me this: was it all just an act? Us meeting, your wound, the picture... Were you just setting me up? Now that I think about it, that cut healed pretty quickly... Haha... I see how it is...” said Junpei desperately.

“That was...” Before she finish what she about to say, the door behind her opened. It was SEES ambushed her.

“Junpei?!” Yukari seems to be the one who most suprise among all of them.

“Tch. They’re back already?!” Chidori seems shocked. She take a few step away and put an evoker near her head.

“She’s a Persona-user?!” Mitsuru seems puzzled.

“Medea, come...” said Chidori as she about to pull the trigger of her evoker. However before she was able to do that, Junpei manage to stopped her.

“Chidori, stop!” said Junpei as he throw away her evoker. Akihiko immediately take her evoker while Aigis strained her.

“Are you a member of the group that goes by the name Strega? I have a number question for you.

“I’m not... afraid... of dying...” Chidori said with a low voice.

“Chidori?!” yelled Junpei as he shocked after hearing her saying that.

“We’ll let her rest, and save our question for later,” said Mitsuru as she asked Aigis to bring Chidori to hospital.

 

 9/6/2009

Daytime. Hospital.

Junpei barging in even tough he was told not to enter earlier by Mitsuru before the interogation is done. It seems Chidori doesn’t do any talking while being question by Misturu and Akihiko.

“Chidori!” shout Junpei as he enter the room. Yukari followed him inside, trying to stop him.

“How are you feeling? Seems like you’ve calmed down.

“She certainly has. In fact, she won’t say a word. Maybe we should confiscate her sketchbook, too,” suggest Mitsuru.

“Hey, come on... What good would that do?! That won’t make her talk!” Junpei seems upset.

“Yukari, you should call a nurse. We’re done for today. I’ll inform Ikutsuki-san of the difficulties we’re having.

“C’mon Junpei, let’s go,” said Yukari as all of them leave the room.

 

9/8/2009

After School. Hospital.

Mitsuru, Akihiko, and Fuuka was in the room, interrogating Chidori.

“By refusing to speak, you’re only hurting yourself,” said Mitsuru as the door opened. It was Junpei barging in like before.

“How’s Chidori?” asked Junpei.

“Again? What’s with the obsession, Junpei?” Akihiko wondered.

“Did she say anything?” asked Junpei. Mitsuru then shake her head.

“Can I just talk to her?” Junpei asked Mitsuru.

“Iori... It seems like you’re letting your emotions get the best of you. Is everything okay?” Mitsuru seems worried.

“Well, not exactly... I know she attacked me, but... I can’t stop thinking about her!” Junpei tried to explain his condition to Mitsuru.

“Are you okay? I’m glad they let you keep your sketchbook... You really do like to draw, huh?” Junpei tried to make a conversation with Chidori.

“I doesn’t matter...” said Chidori as she stopped drawing. Mitsuru, Akihiko, and Fuuka seems surprised since Chidori didn’t said a word ealier.

“Chidori?! Why are you bleeding?” Junpei seems surprised when he sees Chidori’s hands bleeding and immediately press her hand like earlier.

“Tch.. Again?! She does it to herself,” Akihiko immediately press a nurse button in the room.

“Apparently we can’t leave her unattended for even one moment. But fortunately, she heals at an astounding rate...” Mitsuru tried to explain.

“Then at the station... You did that to yourself?!” Junpei yelled.

“I never asked for your help,” Chidori replied.

“Well I want you to stop. You can’t be doing that. I won’t let you,” said Junpei desperately.

“The nurse will be here soon. You two should go now,” said Mitsuru.

“Alright. Let’s go Junpei-kun,” invite Fuuka. Junpei then walk off the room with Fuuka.

 

9/10/2009

After School. Hospital.

Mitsuru and Akihiko was in Chidori’s room, still interrogating her.

“Yo Chidorita!” said Junpei upon entering the room.

“Don’t call me that,” Chidori seems annoyed.

“C’mon, cheer up! I brought you a new sketchbook. I thought your old one might be getting full,” said Junpei with a smile.

“That wasn’t necessary Junpei,” Chidori still seems annoyed.

Suddenly Shinji enter the room. He asked Akihiko and Mitsuru about how the interrogation went.

“Any luck?” He said.

“She finally start talking, but nothing useful yet,” said Mitsuru.

“Well, that’s a start,” Akihiko seems optimistic.

“So... Why are YOU here?” asked Akihiko.

Before Shinji can answer, Chidori is holding her neck, as if something is strangling her.

“Chidori?! What’s wrong?!” Junpei seems worried. And the a faded Persona appear, strangling Chidori.

After seeing this, Shinji immediately inject some medicine to Chidori. She finally calm down.

“Relax... It happens,” said Shinji.

“They’re not like us. They can’t fully control their Personas. That’s why they need to take supressants... to keep their Personas from killing them...” Shinji tried to explain. He then got out of the room, followed by Akihiko, who seems to want some explanation from him.

After they both gone, Chidori has calmed down.

“Why do you look so scared Junpei?” asked Chidori.

“Death is nothing to be afraid of... Dying just means you don’t wake up anymore... That’s all,” said Chidori.

“Wh-What?! You don’t really mean that, do you? I-I don’t want you to die Chidori! Just because you’re not afraid doesn’t mean no one else is... Did you ever think about how I might feel?!” Junpei seems upset.

After hearing this, Mitsuru then smile. She decided to go out of the room to give them both some privacy.

 

9/12/2009

After School. Hospital.

No one come to interrogate Chidori today, so it was just Junpei and Chidori in the room.

“So how’s that cut doin’? Probably already healed huh. So... How come you’re not drawing today...?” Junpei desperately tried to start a conversation.

“Does it matter?” Chidori replied.

“Well, uh, not really...” said Junpei. He then noticed a flower that had been drain up in the room.

“Hey, they’re all dried up... I guess it’s been pretty hot lately. It’s okay. I’ll take care of it,” said Junpei. Chidori then wave her hand toward the flowers. They magically bloom again.

“Whoa... What was that!?”  Junpei seems amazed.

“I made them healthy again,” said Chidori.

“You can do that?! That’s incredible Chidori” Junpei still can believe it.

“It’s nothing special. You have powers too, don’t you?” asked Chidori.

“Well yeah... I guess... But... That’s about all I’ve got going for me. Without that... I’d be a nobody. I just talk a big game... pretending like I’m some kinda hero. But in reality.. I don’t know what the hell I’m fighting for... or why I’m here at all,” Junpei seems down for some reason.

“Why... Why we are here?” said Chidori as she then seeing her surrounding.

“I hate hospitals,” She suddenly said.

“But I don’t mind that much this time... Since you come to see me so often...” said Chidori while smiling.

“I... I understand. I won’t let you down,” Junpei blushed for some reason.

They then talk about all the things they can talk about.

 

11/6/2009

After School. Hospital.

No one come to interrogate Chidori this time as well, so it was just Junpei and Chidori in the room again.

“Sorry about not being able to come lately... A lot’s been goin’ on,” said Junpei. Chidori just remain silent.

“Hey what wrong?” Junpei seems worried.

“I’m scared... It hurts... This is too painful... It used to be fun when you came to visit... But... It’s different now,” said Chidori.

“Huh?!” Junpei seems shocked.

“It hurts inside... I can’t breathe... I-I can’t take this anymore!” Chidori seems to be in pain.

“Wh-Whaddya mean?! I don’t understand! Did I do something wrong? Tell me what it is!” Junpei seems confused.

“Junpei... Don’t come her anymore!”said Chidori said while looking away from Junpei.

After hearing this, Junpei just left the room without any word.

After seeing Junpei’s gone, Chidori mumbling to herself.

“It’s all his fault... Since the day I met him, I’ve experienced nothing but pain... And I’ve become afraid of dying...”

 

11/22/2009

Dark Hour. Iwatodai Dorm fourth floor lounge.

The SEES is gathered here because Fuuka sense other Persona-users just outside Tartarus. Before she can explain the situation, Chidori manage to speaking through Fuuka.

“Long time no see... I can’t stand the sight of you all anymore... So I’ve decided to do something about it... Come to me...” Chidori taunted SEES.

“What the heck?! Junpei, do you know what’s going on?!” Yukari asked Junpei but he didn’t respond.

“Junpei!” yelled Yukari.

“No damnit! I have no idea! Just leave me the hell alone!” Junpei yelled back and then run to where Chidori is.

 

Dark Hour. Outside Tartarus.

Junpei confront Chidori alone.

“Chidori! What’s going on?! Why are you doing this?!” asked Junpei. But Chidori didn’t answer.

“It doesn’t make any sense. I mean, I know I’m not that smart, and I’ve done a lot of stupid stuff... But we shouldn’t be fighting like this!” said Junpei as he approached her. As soon as he is in her range, she tried to attack him. But fortunately, Fuuka and the rest of the SEES arrived in time to warn him so he manage to evade her attack.

“Get back Junpei! It’s useless trying to reason with her now!” said Akihiko.

The SEES the fight Chidori with an intent to disabled her. After she falls, Junpei tried to catch her.

“Don’t touch me!” Chidori seems to struggle with a little strenght she has left.

“Chidori please... Tell me why’re you doing this...” said Junpei desperately.

“What I fear most isn’t death. What I fear most is... attachment. Once I become attached to something, I fear that I will lose it. That’s why we only lived for the moment. But you... you brought me pain... pain that I didn’t want... pain that I never asked for... When I’m with you Junpei, I fear everything... I fear loss... I fear death... That’s why I...” Chidori tried to speak even with a little energy she has left.

When suddenly Jin and Takaya appear from behind Chidori. Takaya let out a sigh.

“Chidori... I see that it is too late. You’ve been poisoned by them...” said Takaya.

Takaya point his pistol to Junpei. Because he was too focus on Chidori, he wasn’t noticed. He was hit by the bullet from Takaya’s pistol. Blood coming out of Junpei’s heart.

“Junpei... I... I was wrong... I was scared... and I blamed you for my heartache. I never felt that way before I met you Junpei... And for the first time in my life, I... I realized what I wanted... I... I want to be with you Junpei... Forever,” said Chidori while holding Junpei’s cold hands.

After Chidori finished speaking in her weak voice, her body faded in light. The light come to Junpei’s body. Junpei has been revived!

“It worked...” Chidori seems relieved. As soon as Junpei has revived, Chidori falls into Junpei’s hands.

“Now I will live inside you, and we’ll be together... forever... I... love you...” said Chidori with her last breath. She then closed her eyes.

“Wh-What are you saying?! Chidori! Chidori!! Please... Don’t go!!” Junpei scream desperately.

“This can’t be happening,” said Junpei in denial.

“What a pity... Such a meaningless death...” said Takaya.

“Meaningless?!” Junpei then charge Takaya and Jin with his new Persona, Trismegistus.

“I refuse to... ugh...” He then fall to his knee after beating Jin and Takaya, forcing them to retreat.

“Wait!!” Junpei scream desperately.

“Stop!” Akihiko tried to calm Junpei down.

“Let go! I...!” Junpei is full of rage.

“She entrusted you with this life! So don’t waste it!” Akihiko shout at Junpei. Junpei seems to have calmed down.

He then tried desperately  to run to Chidori’s body. He was crying and scream to her body.