Your Collarbones

What Am I To You?

 

Two weeks into their project, something made Youngjae change his thoughts about Jung Daehyun. 


 
It was when they were sitting in History Class when their teacher stopped his lecture, "Mr. Jung, please stop staring at Mr. Yoo , and pay attention."


 
As the class howls in laughter, Youngjae slowly turns his head towards Daehyun. The older had his head down, staring at his blank worksheet in front of him with a prominent blush in his face. Is he blushing? Youngjae thinks to himself as he continues to look at Daehyun, whose head is now buried in his hands. 

 
His pocket vibrates twice, letting him know that Jongup had texted him. His phone vibrates once if it's Junhong, and twice for Jongup. 


 
'What a freak! Why is he always staring at you!?'


 
Youngjae didn't know why Daehyun was always interested in him, either. Youngjae texts Daehyun, asking if everything was all right. He's seen Daehyun's face red with anger, but never because he was embarrass to be caught looking at Youngjae before. 


 
'Shut Up.' ; is Daehyun's reply. His face got more red when Youngjae and him shared eye contact. 

 
 
Is he just embarrassed about the teacher calling him out, or is there something else Daehyun was keeping from him? If there was, Daehyun would never tell him, they aren't even friends. Or are they?



Youngjae internally screams and pulls at his hair. Jung Daehyun is so confusing, that sometimes at night Youngjae cries because he doesn't know what his relationship with the other. Are they friends, is Daehyun his bully, and Youngjae is just the victim? Are they somehting more?



It's now lunch time, him and Jongup are on their way to the cafeteria where Junhong is waiting for them.



"Hyung~" Junhong squeals when Youngjae's close enough for him to pull into a tight hug. The magnae of their small group continues to hug Youngjae as he sits down.



Junhong is always affecinate with Youngjae, ever since they were younger. Junhong's the only child, same as Youngjae, so when the younger moved in next door when Junhong was in kindergarden, they became just like brothers. With Junhong, it was easy to understand why he was so clignly towarsd Youngjae, but Daehyun had no reason to be.



"Did you hear the teacher in class?" Youngjae asks, but all ready knowing that Jongup did, "I could practically feel everyones eyes on us! Why does he always stare at me?!"



"Maybe he's plotting how to kill you," Jongup suggests.



"He likes you," Junhong states, as if Daehyun had personally told him.



"Don't joke about stuff like that, Junhong-ah," Jongup warns, throwing the crust of his sandwich at the younger.



"I mean, think about it," Junhong leans closer so he can talk more privately to his friends, "just as you said Hyung, he's always staring at you during class, defends you when other people bully you, but then he can do it?"



"Exactly, he bullys Youngjae- meaning that he doesn't like him." Jongup says.



"But you're forgetting that he hugs Youngjae, touches his face, comments on how beautiful Youngjae is," he smiles, "even leans in for pretend kisses."



"He's never done that!"  Youngjae protests at the lie Junhong made.

 

"I know, but I have a feeling he will."



"Junhong you're too young to be thinking about two guys kissing. Now stop creating fan fiction and eat your lunch." Jongup insits, shoving Junhong's lunch tray closer to him.



Junhong rolls his eyes, "Fine, you guys want proof? Look behind you, " he says, looking behind his hyungs.



The two older boys listen to the magnae, turning their heads to look over their shoulders.



Daehyun's listening to his friends talk about something that Youngjae can't make out.



"Three..two..one." Junhongs starts counting down, and when he says three is where Daehyun looks away from his friends to look at Youngjae. When their eyes meet, Youngjae blushes and quickly looks away. 
 
 
 
"What a creep," Jongup comments as he turns his focus to Youngjae, noticing his now red face. "Aweh, Yoo Youngjae! You're blushing because of him again?!"
 
 
 
Youngjae hangs his head in shame, because he got caught blushing from sharing eye contact with Daehyun. 
 
 
 
"Oh my gosh," Junhong gasps, "you like him too!"
 
 
 
"No, no, no," Jongup shakes his head vigorously, looking at the eldest for confirmation.  
 
 
 
"N-no, I don't l-like Daehyun," Youngjae winces at the crack in his voice. 
 
 
 
"Oh my gosh, he does." Jongup throws his hands up in defeat. 
 
 
 
"I don't!" Youngjae exclaimed, making the heads of the table next to them turn. 
 
 
 
"Please," Jongup retorts, "I've been friends with you since grade 8, I've never once heard you stutter."
 
 
 
"He always stutters when he's talking about Daehyun ," Junhong smirks. 
 
 
 
"Well, I don't approve of it." Jongup says as he begins to pack up his belongings. 
 
 
 
"I approve." Junhongs smirk grew. 
 
 
 
"Oh my god, Junhong! You do realize that Daehyun has been torturing Youngjae for the past four years, right? How can someone develop feelings for the person whom punches them in the face on a daily basis? It's not normal to like someone, while you're kicking them in the stomach!"
 
 
 
"That's what makes it more romantic!"
 
 
 
"Yeah, being kicked in the shin during gym class. That's real romance." Jongup throws his backpack over his shoulder, giving Youngjae a half- goodbye, then leaving with Junhong behind him- but before he leaves, he tells Youngjae to find out if Daehyun really likes him. 
 
 
 
From purposely tripping Youngjae when walking in the halls, to hitting him everywhere on his body, to calling him names like , freak, weirdo; Youngjae knows that Daehyun doesn't like him in anyway. But the things Junhong was mentioning that Daehyun does kind of seem like things someone would do if they like the other. 
 
 
 
Youngjae pulls at his hair, completely frustrated with the whole entire situation. He glances behind him at Daehyun's lunch table, only to find that Daehyun had left all ready. He sighs, concluding that he was going to confront Daehyun during their work session at Daehyun's house. 
 
 
 
 
--
 
 
 
 
"Daehyun ?" Youngjae breaks the silence. Daehyun had his arms wrapped around Youngjae's waist, face buried in the others neck, and was currently trying to pull Youngjae on top of his lap. Hhe begins to slowly slide his leg under Youngjae's. 
 
 
 
"Yeah?" Daehyun's breath is hot and sticky against Youngjae's neck. He voice was low, lips brushing against Youngjae's neck softly, resulting in Youngjae mildly panicking because dear God was that a kiss?
 
 
 
"I was just wondering something," Youngjae's ears burn at the question he was about to ask. As Daehyun's hold tightens, Youngjae takes a deep breath in. 
 
 
 
He feels Daehyun stiffen beside him. He feels the other looking up at him confused, but he doesn't look. 
 
 
 
 
"Do you like me?"