Your

What Am I To You?

 

It's been sometime into the lecture and Daehyun is slowly slipping into unconsciousness. He hasn't been this tired since the time Youngjae and him got into that fight. He spent his time last night, when he should've been sleeping, thinking about Youngjae. He was replaying the scenes in his head, like he usually does, trying to make sense of the whole situation. It was a bit surreal to him, and honestly he wouldn't be surprised if it all was just a dream. 

But he looks down at Youngjae, who's listening intently to the teacher speak. He's chewing on his pen, eyebrows knitted as he listens. 

Daehyun's lip tugs into a small smile. Daehyun can remember the times before when he would look at Youngjae secretively, not wanting the other boy to know about his crush. Now Youngjae knows and Daehyun can't remember the last time he was this happy. Probably when he met Youngjae on the first day of grade nine. 
 
Daehyun moves his hand from Youngjae's leg to his bicep, squeezing gently, then wrapping his arm around the others shoulders- his heart feeling like it's about to explode. 

Daehyun leans over and his lips ghost over the others ear. 
 
"You're so cute." His voice is low and thick. He chuckles and leans back, his arm remaining on Youngjae's shoulders.
 
Youngjae puts the pen underneath his notebook. The blush is creeping down his neck. Daehyun keeps his focus on Youngjae and it's making him nervous. 
 
"Stop looking at me like that!" Youngjae hisses through clenched teeth. A couple of students around them look but they say nothing. 
 
The hand around Youngjae's shoulders is removed to cover Daehyun's laugh. He loves that he can make Youngjae so bothered just by saying something in a low voice. Youngjae looks annoyed but there is something hidden behind his eyes. It's moments like these that makes Daehyun truly happy, and he knows that it's real. It has to be. 
 
Daehyun isn't aware of the look he's receiving from his friends, all he cares about is Youngjae and how contented he seems. He out reaches and touches Youngjae's ear. It's a subtle gesture of affection, but Youngjae still bites back a smile. 
 
The bell rings not too long after, and it's time for lunch. 
 
"Youngjae?" Daehyun says, loud enough for his friends to hear. He's stuffing his homework into his backpack carelessly. Youngjae looks up, a look of anxiousness is on his face. Daehyun gives him an alluring smile, his heart filling up with different emotions. The sensation he's feeling in his heart is nothing compared to the way Youngjae's looking at him. Theres a hint of hope and some desperation in his eyes. "Want to walk with me to the lunchroom?" It was a simply and harmless question, but the both of them knew it was a big deal. 
 
Youngjae is taken aback at the question, but nods his head anyway. He throws his backpack over his shoulder, "Yeah, that'd be nice." Youngjae answers, the blush staining his cheeks darker. 

Youngjae's the first one out the door and Daehyun's about to follow but turns around to look at Yongguk and Himchan. They look away from each other and at Daehyun. No words are exchanged, Daehyun just waves goodbye. 
 
Youngjae's waiting for Daehyun outside. The two boys walk quietly to the cafeteria together. They don't stop by their lockers. 
 
The hallway is crowded. Daehyun knows how much Youngjae hates being so close to everyone. He himself doesn't mind the closeness. Daehyun's hand brushes past Youngjae's knuckles as they walk. 
 
"I'll buy your lunch." Daehyun tells Youngjae, rather eagerly as they enter the cafeteria. Youngjae can tell that Daehyun is trying very hard to please him, and he smiles, nodding in agreement. 

Daehyun walks to the food line after he leaves Youngjae at their table. 
 
As he's waiting in line, he over hears a group of girls in front of him. They're giggling and chatting about the upcoming dance. Daehyun can barely understand what they're saying and he doesn't really care. 

It's not until one of the girls with blonde hair asks; "So who are you going to the dance with, Somi?"

The girl, Somi, is no Younger than a freshman. She giggles and hides her face in embarrassment. "Bang Yongguk is taking me." Her voice is muffled by her palms. 

Her four friends gasp in unison. "Bang Yongguk? The senior?"

As the line moves along, the five girls continue their conversation. Daehyun tries his hardest not to listen to Somi babble about how handsome Yongguk is, but it's hard since they're so loud. 

Daehyun eyes Youngjae from the corner of his vision. He's on his phone, most likely texting to see where his friends are. At that moment, his phone goes off in his pocket. He sees that Youngjae has texted him, reading; can u buy me chocolate milk too please?

Daehyun texts back quickly, saying of course. When it's Daehyun's turn to order food, he's unsure of what to buy Youngjae. The boy loves curry, and also fruit. Daehyun's also seen him eat sandwiches. Since the line is getting pretty long, and the lunch lady looks a tad annoyed with him, Daehyun decides to buy all of the things he's seen Youngjae eat, and he doesn't forget the chocolate milk either. 

The tray of food he's holding is fairly heavy, and he immediately regrets spending half of his allowance on this one lunch. 

Daehyun places the tray in front of Youngjae as he sits beside him. 

He's already getting a few weird looks from their fellow classmates, most of them seeming confused on why Daehyun is buying Youngjae food and also sitting with him. Daehyun quickly ignores them since Youngjae doesn't seem to notice. 

Youngjae's eyes open wide, "Are you that hungry?" He glances at Daehyun, then back down to the mountain of food. 

There's curry and rice, an apple and a banana, a roast beef sandwich and carrots and two milk containers.

Daehyun smiles sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck. "I didn't know what you wanted to eat, so I just got everything they had."

Youngjae chuckles. "You're so sweet...thank you." 

"Uh, your--no problem." They share brief and shy eye contact before eating. 

Daehyun unwraps the sandwich as Youngjae opens the banana, but before Daehyun can take a bite, a voice interrupts him. 

"Oh my gosh, you weren't kidding." Jongup's says, pronouncing every word carefully. He's standing in front of the table, mouth agape as if he just saw the most shocking image on the planet. He's referring to the conversation the two of them had over the phone the night before. Youngjae had told him everything. His eyes squint hard as Kris comes from behind him, casually taking a seat in front of Daehyun, acting as if everything was normal.  Kris knows what happened too. 

"Jongup..." Youngjae starts, but Kris interjects. 

"Sit down ya' big goof ball," He pulls the others lunch tray down, ultimately making the boy follow, "Don't start anything." He warns, lower this time. 

"Me? Start something?" Jongup whispers, pointing in Daehyun's direction. Kris raises his eyebrow, mouth opening to say something but Daehyun cuts him off. 

"I bought a lot of food today. You're welcome to have some if you'd like." Daehyun says in a sweet, mocking voice. It wasn't sarcastic nor rude, it was more for Jongup to realize that he wasn't here to fight anymore. He was here for Youngjae, and to make Youngjae happy by getting along with his friends. Jongup chews at his inner cheek, saying nothing. 

Their heads look to the right as a disgruntled sound comes from beside the table. Junhong is beside the table, lunch try in hand as he starts to shake. His mouth is open in surprise, much like Jongup's was. This time it was in fear rather than disbelief. He looks at Daehyun, then to Youngjae, and back at Daehyun. The young boy turns around and is about to run away, but before he succeeds, Kris grabs his backpack and pulls him back. He makes Junhong take a seat next to him. 

Daehyun, in an attempt to come off as protective, wraps his arm around Youngjae, eyeing the youngest boy. Junhong gulps 
and Jongup scoffs. 

It's not like Junhong would do anything anyway, it's more of a reassuring thing. But that doesn't stop Daehyun from sending Junhong cold stares from across the table. 

The five of them resume eating, the lunch table coming to an uncomfortable and awkward silence. 

Shortly after Junhong's arrival, Kris strikes up a conversation about their English paper. They had handed it in earlier in the morning, and he was wondering what they thought their marks would be.  

They all pitch in ideas about their grades, even Daehyun too. Junhong interjects, saying it's unfair to talk about something that he's not apart of. They share a laugh. The conversation picks up even more, until all of them forget about Daehyun being there, even Jongup seemed to barely notice that Youngjae's former bully was sitting, eating with them. 

Daehyun's hold tightens around Youngjae's shoulder, bringing Youngjae's faced closer to his until his nose brushes against the redness is Youngjae's cheeks. His friends are too busy talking to notice. 

It's then when Daehyun gets a text that makes him stop his affection towards Youngjae. Himchan had texted him, asking what he was doing at Youngjae's table. 

Daehyun looks behind him, smiling as his friends look at him with confused expressions. Daehyun lets out a small laugh causing Youngjae to look behind him as well. It's then that Daehyun slowly draws his finger towards his face, an action that makes his friends' eyes widen, mouths dropping in shock. He touches the side of his nose-- their secret signal they use when they're trying to get with someone. 

Afraid of what his friends will say next, he turns back to his lunch. Daehyun puts his hand on Youngjae's head and runs his fingers through the boys hair. 

Daehyun's stomach churns with nervous butterflies because he low key just told his friends that he's trying to date Youngjae. He almost wants to text Himchan back, saying it was a joke but the look on Youngjae's face makes him stop. He's smiling, talking with his friends. There's a comfortable aura surrounding the table, a clearly different atmosphere from the weeks before. Daehyun's heart feels likes it's going to burst from being so happy. 

Youngjae looks over at Daehyun. Daehyun stares back, eyes showing nothing but affection. Youngjae scrunches his nose and sticks out his tongue, resuming his conversation with Junhong. 

Lunch is over quickly and Youngjae is saying goodbye to his friends. Kris gives Daehyun a small hug before leaving. Jongup gives Youngjae a hug, eyes meeting Daehyun's before he leaves too, following Kris to their shared history class. Junhong is careful not to be too affectionate towards Youngjae. He gives a small wave to the both of them before running to his next class. 

They walk to gym class in silence. Their knuckles brush against each other again, until Daehyun's pinky wraps around Youngjae's thumb. There's not a lot of people in the hallways this time since there's still ten minutes before class starts, but they still walk closely together. 

They part ways so the can get change into their gyms clothes. Daehyun wills himself not to look over at his crush undressing, and Youngjae does the same. 

After the gym teacher blows the whistle to initiate that his little prep talk before the badminton game was over, everyone began to get their rackets and partners. Daehyun sneaks into the changing room during this time because no one seems to be watching him. 

Daehyun comes up behind Youngjae who has his back turned to him and washing his hands. He had asked to go to the bathroom earlier. 

Youngjae flinches when he looks up into the mirror and sees Daehyun standing behind him. 

"So," Daehyun starts, arms wrapping around Youngjae's waist, smiling at him in the mirror, "How was I in front of you friends?" 

Youngjae turns around in Daehyun's arms, "You were really nice," Youngjae smiles back, "but one lunch with them isn't going to change their minds about you, you know. "

"Yes I know, but Kris already likes me, so I'm a third way there." Daehyun presses. 

"Junhong doesn't hate you either."

Daehyun sticks his tongue out when Youngjae says the freshmans name. Youngjae rolls his eyes. 

"You are aware that I have no interest in him, aren't you?" He jokes. 

"Yeah, but I bet he has some interest in you." Daehyun presses his chest against Youngjae's, his face becoming closer as well. "I mean who wouldn't." 

Daehyun closes the distance between them, their lips slotting together. It's their second kiss today and Daehyun still can't get over how much he likes kissing Youngjae.  Youngjae's hands find their way to Daehyun's chest. 

Daehyun trails his hands from Youngjae's waist to his hips, digging his finger nails into the elastic waistband of Youngjae's shorts. 

The sounds of shoes scuffing against the floor outside soon fill up the change room. The badminton games have started, but the look Youngjae is giving Daehyun says he doesn't care. 

They stand there, in front of the mirror, just enjoying the way each other's lips feel against their own. 

Daehyun suddenly grabs the others hand and leads him to the bathroom stall. It's a single stall and its pretty small, but Daehyun still manages to close the door behind them and lock it. He sits on the toilet, legs separating to make himself more comfortable. 

Youngjae's bitting his lips, eyes racking over Daehyun body. He's hesitant and a bit embarrassed and Daehyun can tell. He's doesn't want to pressure Youngjae into doing anything he doesn't want to do. He's hurt the boy so much, he doesn't want to hurt him no more. 

Daehyun pats his lap to encourage Youngjae to take a seat, eyebrow raising as he waits. 

Youngjae slowly walks over to where Daehyun was sitting. There're screams coming from the gymnasium from the excited kids playing the game. 

Daehyun usually wouldn't be so bold, but it's so fresh, this newly found relationship of theirs. It's so new and intriguing that he can't help but test the waters. Everything between Youngjae and himself is exciting, every touch and kiss sends Daehyun into this uncontrollable frenzy. He wants more -- needs more. 

Youngjae sits atop of Daehyun's lap, eyes cast down. The heat accumulating from Youngjae's thighs being on his lap is almost too much for Daehyun. 

Daehyun pulls Youngjae closer until his pelvic is pressed against Youngjae's backside. He brings his hands to rest on Youngjae's face to pull him into another heated kiss. 

Youngjae's arms wrap around Daehyun's neck on their own accord. 

Daehyun's hands run up and down his back, trying to touch more of the other boy. He takes the flats of his front teeth and bites Youngjae's bottom lip and . 

Youngjae releases a moan which feeds Daehyun's hormones. There's arousal in the pit of Daehyun's stomach that eggs him on. 

Daehyun rubs the hairless legs of Youngjae, nails scrapping against the pale skin. His hands coming to slide up the pant legs of Youngjae's gym shorts. They're tight, but Daehyun manages to fit is hands nicely inside. He's touching the bare skin of Youngjae's backside. He squeezes the plumpness of Youngjae's cheeks causing Youngjae to release another throaty moan. 

The sound of two male voices coming into the change room make Youngjae jump off of Daehyun's lap. 

"Youngjae?" One of the male voices call. There's a moment of silence before he speaks again, "Daehyun?" 

"I told you man, they probably ditch and went somewhere else." The other one said. 

As soon as they leave, Youngjae unlocks the stall door and goes to the sink. He splashes water on his face to calm him down. 

Daehyun eventually gets up off of the toilet seat. He slumps his was over to Youngjae, burying his face in the back of Youngjae's nape. He groans loudly, mumbling something about blue balls. 

He just wants to enjoy his time being intimate with Youngjae without being interrupted. 

They share a few more chaste kisses before returning to their gym class.

Through out the class, Daehyun sends Youngjae suggestive looks across the room. Each time he does it makes Youngjae lose his balance and cost his team a point. Daehyun chuckles every time. 

 

Daehyun's in social studies and he is having a rough time. It's the most boring class, especially since it's the only one he doesn't share with Youngjae. 

He watches until his teacher isn't looking to pull his phone out to text Youngjae. 

'Can I come over today?'  He sends. 

Youngjae replies fairly quickly. 'My mom's going to be home so I don't think it'd be a good idea. Maybe tomorrow.'

Daehyun feels sad, but he understands. Ever since the first time he met Youngjae's mother, he knows it's going to be very hard to convince her that he's worthy of dating her son. A lot harder than Youngjae's friends. 

'Can I call you after I'm done dinner?'

'I'd like that :)'

Daehyun's just going to have to settle for that until tomorrow. 

 

Daehyun takes out his laptop out of its charging case the moment he walks into his bedroom. When he got home his mother was in the kitchen preparing dinner and his father was in a business call. 

He can hear the faint sound of the TV blasting from his younger brother room. Taemin's watching some sort of music program.  

He opens the laptop and gets Facebook on the screen.  He's scrolling through his newsfeed and sees statuses about the upcoming dance next week. He grimaces and keeps strolling. 

Daehyun's never been to a school dance, but he's been offered numerous times by different girls. All having different ideas who he was but none of them knew the true Jung Daehyun. 

He was in love with a boy he had been, up until now, bullying everyday. 

Daehyun sighs and shuts down the page. He wonders if Youngjae is going to the dance. Would it be weird to ask him? Probably. 

His mother calls him down stairs to eat. The tension in the dinning room was almost unbearable. If Daehyun wasn't so hungry as he was, he would've just stayed in his room. 

Taemin constantly tried to initiate a conversation with their father, but he didn't take any interest in him. Whenever Taemin would say anything, he would mumble a 'that's nice' and continue eating. It made Daehyun extremely annoyed because it was his little brother. Taemin was still so young, at the age where a father is very important to a boy. Daehyun knew exactly how Taemin felt, even if Taemin wouldn't talk to him about it. 

Daehyun always tried talking to his brother about their father. When they were younger, Daehyun went through this phase where he pretending to be the father role in Taemin's life. Taemin's not a stupid kid, he knew what Daehyun was trying to do. It was during that time when Taemin develop his sharp tongue. Although he's only six, Taemin is very mature for his age. He had to grow up quickly since their father was away for work and their mother was busy with keeping the house nice and making sure they got everything they needed, just like Daehyun had to do. 

Daehyun isn't close to his younger brother, but he'd like to be one day. He just needs something, an event in either of their lives to bring them closer together. 

Dinner couldn't have been over sooner. 

Daehyun was in his bedroom reading from his social studies text book. With the day's he had missed, there was a test and an assignment in the class. He had a lot of work to do, and his teacher was nice enough to let him take a make up test next week and allow him to finish the project as well. 

Daehyun constantly checks his phone, and once he thinks its an appropriate time to call Youngjae, he does. It's a quarter past seven so Youngjae would be finished eating and be getting ready for bed now. 

The phone rang a few times before Youngjae answered it. 

"Hey Daehyun," Youngjae's voice is tired. 

"What're you up to? Just finishing dinner?" Daehyun asks. 

"Yup, I'm in my bedroom right now about to start my homework. You?"

Daehyun hums, "Thinking about you, thinking about today."

"I was very happy that you ate lunch with me. My friends liked it too."

"Even Jongup?" Daehyun sticks his tongue out, even if the other wasn't here to see it. 

"Yes, even Jongup." Youngjae chuckles. 

There's a pause before Daehyun replies, "Did anything else make you happy today?"

There's another pause and Daehyun can here Youngjae practically biting his lip off. God he really can't get any cuter, Daehyun thinks to himself. It's the second time they did something so intimate and Youngjae's still so embarrassed to talk about it. 

"Of course that made me happy..." Youngjae says. "But it is also very embarrassing to talk about. I mean, aren't you embarrassed?" 

"No, I like talking about it. I enjoy reliving the moments. If you don't want to talk about it we don't have to."

"It's not that I don't want to talk about it, it's more because it makes me embarrassed. Because I'm still so new to doing those sort of things."

"If you ever don't feel comfortable doing something with me, just let me know okay? It would kill me if I did something you weren't okay with." Daehyun assures him. 

"Yeah I'll tell you. Thanks."

"No problem. It's a good thing those guys came looking for us today, isn't it?" Daehyun laughs. 

"How so?" Youngjae asks. 

"Well, if those two guys didn't show up, God knows what I would've done to you." Daehyun states. 

"What's that suppose to mean?"

"It means that when we do those kinds of things, I don't know what comes over me. It's like, I'm unable to stop touching and kissing you. I want to do bad things to you basically." He laughs. 

"Things like what?" 

"I'm not sure...a lot more than what we did today."

"Name something, I'm intrigued." Youngjae presses. 

Daehyun thinks about it before answering, "I would've touched you underneath your shirt probably, like your s." He whispers the word. 

"Oh, yeah?"

"Yeah. Would you have liked that?"

"Oh my gosh, Daehyun!" Youngjae exclaims. 

"What?"

"You can't just ask me something like that!"   

"Oh, sorry. It's just-- I'm pretty much new to this whole thing too. I want to know if you like something or don't so I know what to do next time." Daehyun thinks he sounds so stupid, but he can't help it. It's the truth. 

"Well...lets just say I enjoyed everything that happened today. And I also wouldn't mind...doing that thing you said you would've done."

"That's so hot that you said that, oh my gosh." Daehyun stops from fanning himself. 

"Daehyun..." Youngjae strains his name and Daehyun knows he's getting . 

Daehyun can't help but laugh, "I'm sorry, just thought you should know."

"Thanks. Anyway, I should really get back to doing my homework. I saw that you have a lot of homework too."

"Yeah I do actually. I'll see you tomorrow at school. Text me before you go to bed!" Daehyun says. 

"Yeah I will, don't worry." Youngjae says. 

"Oh and don't touch yourself too much tonight to! God knows I will." 

"Daehyun!"

"I'm just joking," Daehyun laughs, "Bye my Youngjae." He smiles warmly. 

Youngjae sighs heavily into the receiver, "Bye Daehyun." He can sense Youngjae smiling too. 

Daehyun hangs up the phone, setting it beside him. 

He's unbelievably happy. The only thing that could make him happier is being Youngjae's boyfriend. But one day, he wishes. He's just going to have to win Youngjae over, that's all. 

 

$$$$$$$$

I'm so sorry for being absent! I've graduated high school and I'm moving to Toronto! So I've been pretty busy. Thanks for staying so long. Love you all ❤️