Your Jawline

What Am I To You?

 

 

 

Ring
Ring
Ring

 

"Hello, you've reached Yoo Youngjae. Please leave your name and number at the beep."

Beep.
 
Daehyun hangs up his phone. He's called Youngjae four times now, and the boy still hasn't answered. It was twelve in the morning, so Youngjae would be up. Daehyun finally decides to send Youngjae a text, telling him his address and just to come over whenever he could. 
 

Taemin and his mother were putting on their shoes when Youngjae finally texted Daehyun back. It was short and simple; on my way. But it still made Daehyun's heart flutter because they were finally on texting teens. And that Youngjae was in his way to Daehyun's house. 
 

. Yoo Youngjae was on his way to Daehyun's house. His mother has just left with his brother, so he'll be all alone with Yoo mothering Youngjae. Daehyun instantly runs to his room, just now remembering that he didn't check to see if it was clean. He takes two steps at a time. 
 

He stands in the door frame of his messy room. He quickly scans the room, taking in everything- his dirty clothes are scattered all over his floor, his desk is covered in sheets of undid homework, and there was a there was a strange odor accumulating from his closest. 
 

Daehyun hurriedly gets to work- throwing his dirty laundry in his never-been-used-before clothing hamper, and he uses his favourite cologne to mask the smell of death in his room. As he finishes the brand new bottle of cologne, the door bell rings. 
 

He rushes down the stairs, quickly checking his hair in the mirror before opening the door. Daehyun holds his breath as he is greeted with a stunning Youngjae on his front doorstep. Youngjae wasn't wearing his uniform anymore. Even though Daehyun loves Youngjae in his uniform (the things he would do to that poor boy in that y uniform), it's refreshing to see him in regular clothes. He was wearing a dark blue T-shirt-that was two sizes too big-  and black shorts. They weren't as short as his gym shorts but they were still pretty short, exposing his calves that Daehyun loves so much, and some of his thigh that makes Daehyun want to deflower the boy right on his doorstep. 
 

"Good morning, Youngjae-ah,"

 
"Good m-morning, Daehyun." Youngjae never called Daehyun, 'hyung'. They were only a few months apart, so it would be awkward to call someone the same age as you, hyung. And Youngjae was also a lot smaller than Daehyun. Daehyun wishes that the younger would recognize him as his hyung one of these days, but you only call those people you respect hyung, and you can't respect your bully.


Youngjae doesn't say anything when Daehyun pulls him inside. He keeps his head down, pressing his books closer to his chest as Daehyun guides him up to the his room. Daehyun is touching Youngjae's lower back, making the younger blush at the skin ship, but Daehyun doesn't see.

 
Once Youngjae was in his room, Daehyun closes the door almost too quickly before he locks it, turning away to look at Youngjae. He was standing in the middle of his room, head down, books still pressed close to his chest. 


 
Daehyun can feel his heart beat quickening, his body slowly becoming more hot as he glances towards the bed and then back at Youngjae. Images of Youngjae lying on the bed, pale skin against his black blankets, flushed face and hair wet with sweat as Daehyun slowly crawls over the younger, hands running--


 
"Daehyun?" Youngjae shyly asks for the others attention after minutes of silence, and Daehyun staring at Youngjae with hooded eyes. 


 
Daehyun shakes his impure thoughts from his head, "Uh, you can sit down here," he says as he pulls out his desk chair. He wants Youngjae far away from his bed.


 
Youngjae nods his head curtly, scurrying over to the said chair. He takes a seat as Daehyun kicks his back pack off of his other chair. Daehyun brings his chair over to the other, sitting a little too close on purpose, resting his arm on the desk. His head is propped up by his right hand, as he watches Youngjae open his books. 


 
"Do you know what the project is about?" Daehyun asks, admiring the way Youngjae's lips move as he stutters a reply. 


 
"Yeah, the teacher told us on F-Friday." Youngjae points at a certain paragraph in his novel, but Daehyun doesn't look, "we're suppose to read these next two chapters and analyze what the author is trying to express..." His words trails off into a whisper as he gets more flustered by the way Daehyun is looking at him. "the way he--"


 
Daehyun interrupts the other mid sentence, "You have nice skin, Youngjae." Youngjae's about to reply but before he could, Daehyun is running the back of his hand over Youngjae's now flushed cheeks. He puts a chunk of the youngers dark bangs behind his ear, letting his hand caress the back of Youngjae's neck, rubbing the soft skin there. "You're so soft," 


 
"Thanks..." Youngjae looks to his right at Daehyun with glassy eyes. He looks like he's about to cry, but Daehyun knows he gets like that whenever he's embarrassed.  


 
Daehyun scotches closer to his English partner, until Youngjae's expose thigh is pressed against Daehyun clothed one. The heat accumulating from Youngjae was enough to make Daehyun take him against his desk- but he didn't want to rush those kinds of things. So instead he creeps his arm around Youngjae's waist. He makes his hand go slightly under Youngjae's T-shirt, resting his palm against Youngjae's soft, warm skin. 


 
Daehyun places his head against the others shoulder as he speaks, "Read to me, Jae." 


 
Youngjae's hand is shaking as he turns the first page. He begins to read the first chapter, but his voice is shaky because Daehyun's hot breath was hitting his neck with each word he spoke, making the younger feel things that he wasn't comfortable feeling. 


 
As the chapter continues, Daehyun eventually nuzzles his nose into Youngjae's neck, rubbing his nose against the warm skin, taking in the scent of Youngjae--it's defiantly his body wash. 

 
 
"Daehyun...?" Youngjae says, confused. 


 
"You smell so good." Daehyun compliments. 


 
"C-can I ask you a question?" Youngjae asks in a small voice. 


 
Daehyun straightens his back, "Of course," 
 

 
"Why do you--"

 
 
"Daehyun~" Daehyun hears his mother call for him from down stairs, indicating that she was home.



"I better get going now, my mother is on her way." Youngjae informs Daehyun as he starts to pack up his belongings. They head out of the room to greet his mother.



"Mom this is Youngjae, he's my English partner for an assignment." Daehyun tell his mother as he watches Youngjae give a big bow.



After they said their hellos, (Daehyun was internally screaming because what if his mother suspects something about the two of them) Daehyun is walking Youngjae out the door, then watching Youngjae drive away through his bedroom window. He sighs as he falls back onto his pillow. Why do I like him so much? Daehyun wonders as he clutches the fabric of his shirt, his heart beating fast as he replays the scenes of him holding Youngjae while the younger reads to him in his head.
 
 
 
-------
 
 
 
After the full week of Youngjae coming over everyday after school, Daehyun is surprised to find himself falling in love with Youngjae all over again. He finds out different facts about Youngjae everyday, things that Daehyun would never know if they weren't paired up together for this project.



He learned that Youngjae's allergic to shell fish, his favourite movie is Planes, Trains & Automobiles and that he's afraid of thunderstorms. That he's an only child and he hasn't met his dad before.
 

 

As each day passes by, Daehyun starts to become more comfortable around Youngjae. He often catches himself almost telling Youngjae the truth about his own feelings. He also notices that Youngjae is becoming more comfortable around him as well.  He doesn't move away when Daehyun touches him, he doesn't flush with embarrassment when Daehyun shows large amounts of skin ship. Daehyun sometimes wonders if Youngjae shares the feelings with Daehyun...but he probably doesn't.


-----


Daehyun and Youngjae are watching a video on Youngjae's phone as they take their break from writing their essay. Daehyun's leaning against Youngjae's shoulder, not noticing the way his friends are eyeing him. The way they were sitting, how close they were to each other, and how long they were like that for, even the teacher was staring.



It's only when Youngjae's phone vibrates when Daehyun finally moves. It's a text message from 'Junhongie'. Daehyun drags out a sigh as he takes the phone out of Youngjae's hands, "Why are you always texting him while you're with me?" He asks, more to himself than anyone else.



"He's my friend.."



"Well I don't like him," Daehyun runs his fingers through his hair as he hands Youngjae back his phone, "He's too clingy." Daehyun stands up and pushes his chair back into his desk. He upset (not at Youngjae) and he doesn't want Youngjae to see.



As he walks to the back of the class room, he can't help but notice a group of girls giggling at Himchan and Yongguk. He asks what up with those girls as he sits down beside his best friend.



Yongguk responds with a smirk, and a light touch of his nose; a signal that only three of them know the meaning to. Back in the tenth grade is when they made up their secret sign. It indicates that one of them is trying to get with a girl. Daehyun rolls his eyes as his friends continue their conversation about the new girl, and how she's interested in Yongguk.



Daehyun's phone goes off, letting him know that someone had texted him.



'I'm sorry..' It was from Youngjae. A smile creeps onto Daehyun's face as he reads the next message; 'I won't talk to him while I'm with you.' The smile grows, because maybe Youngjae does like Daehyun back.






~~~~~


This chapter isn't too much, I know. But I just wanted to get them becoming closer out there so I can move on with the rest of the story. More Daejae to come!! Please leave feedback, it is very much needed/wanted. -thejenn