Your Lips

What Am I To You?
 
 
 
 
Yoo Youngjae's favourite colour is green. To be more specific; neon green. His binder is green, and so is his phone case. The same binder that he hides behind whenever Daehyun enters the classroom, the very phone case that's always in his hands- making Daehyun wonder who is so important that he needed his phone to be with him at all times? Probably his parents, Daehyun guesses, or Jongup. But he prays it isn't Junhong. 
 
 
 
When Daehyun walks into class a few minutes before the bell rings, Youngjae buries his face into his green binder. Daehyun smirks, walking over to the sitting boy, snatching the binder away from Youngjae. He throws the binder onto the floor, making his paper work scatter all over the class room. They're the only two in the room so Daehyun doesn't have to worry about getting in trouble. Not like their teacher would do anything anyway. 
 
 
 
"Why are you hiding your pretty face, my Youngjae?" Youngjae flushes as he stares at the bare desk in front of him. Daehyun truly believes Youngjae is beautiful. A natural beauty, as he likes to call him. He didn't have to wear makeup like the girls do in school. He was perfect in Daehyun's eyes-- especially when he blushes. 
 
 
 
Daehyun cups Youngjae's jaw in his hand, running his thumb over the pinkness in his cheeks. He can smell that body wash - or maybe it was his shampoo- that he's so use to smelling. It was coco nutty with a slight hit of floral. It made Daehyun's stomach clench and his head foggy. "I love it when I make you blush, Youngjae." The rosiness in his cheeks grew a deeper red as he gets more embarrassed. 
 
 
 
"Daehyun," Yongguk threatens Daehyun as he enters the room with Himchan closely by his side, "leave him be. Come sit with us." he walks to the back corner with Himchan following. Daehyun gives one last of his hand against Youngjae's jaw before heading over to his friends. He takes a seat, the chair is backwards and he rests his head on his crossed arms. His desk is in front of his friends, so he has to turn fully around to be able to converse. 
 
 
 
"I see you're still picking on Youngjae," Himchan sighs as he takes out his history notebook. "I heard there's going to be partner work today," he looks away from his notebook and up at Daehyun, "is it going to be a group of the three of us, or do you want to be paired up with Youngjae?" He asks. Daehyun can feel his face reddening and he can also feel his pulse quickening at the thought of being paired up for group work with Youngjae. He can deal with being close to him, he can put up with being in the same room and classes as Youngjae- but not for partner work. That'll mean spending a lot more time with the boy, resulting in having to go to each other's houses. And that's defiantly not doable for Daehyun. Being in a room with his crush, with access to a lock on the door and a bed. Daehyun wants to leave that picture for his dreams. 
 
 
 
Their teacher enters the room a few moments after the bell rings, with the rest of the class behind her.
When everyone is taking their seats, so does Daehyun. He sits three rows in front of his friends, so he can be closer to Youngjae. He sat one desk over from him- so Daehyun can have a clear view of the younger boys face. He likes being close to Youngjae. He likes to be able to smell the boys scent, he likes to be able to see if anyone was admiring him from afar, and he loves being close to him just incase someone wants to be extra friendly towards Youngjae. No one usually is, because Daehyun makes sure to give anyone a death glare if they were to come near Youngjae. As the rest of the class is still chatting away and the teacher is still sorting through all the papers; Daehyun reaches across his desk, pinching Youngjae's cheek before he ruffles the youngers hair. 
 
 
 
This is what confuses his friends, and Youngjae, the most. One moment he's punching Youngjae, pushing him around like a rag doll and calling him vulgar words-- and then the next moment he's affectionately touching the latter. Caressing his face, his hair and calling him names that only lovers use--and then he's right back to teasing Youngjae. No one questions it, especially the shy boy. 
 

 
The class begins moments later when the teacher puts a sheet on the over head. It's now dark in the classroom, the teacher turned the light off moments ago. The room was only lit by the soft light of the overhead, so no one can see Daehyun's hand on Youngjae's thigh. No one knows that Daehyun is gently rubbing Youngjae's upper thigh as he casually takes down the note. Everyone's too busy paying attention to their pretty teacher talk about the lesson today to notice Youngjae's now redden face or his trembling hand as he tries to focus on what their teacher is saying.

 
 
After a few more of Daehyun's warm palm against Youngjae's clothed thigh, the younger boy slowly brings down his hand to rest atop of Daehyun's, making the latter stop his movements.

 

Daehyun looks up to find Youngjae's big eyes pleading with him, 'anywhere but here'; his eyes seem to say. Daehyun was about to hold Youngjae's hand tight when the lights are suddenly being turned back on. Daehyun quickly retracts his hand away from Youngjae's body, whiping is head around to see if anyone caught him touching the other. He turns around to find his friends looking at him. He turns back, not wanting them to see him blush. 

 
 
"Now class, as some of you might all ready have know, there will be an important book report for this upcoming mid-term report card. It will be partner work, and like always I'll be picking the pairs." She gets out her class list form her desk, "This assignment will be picked randomly. So the first pair is; Choi Minho and Choi Yuri..." as she started to list of the pairs, Daehyun scans the room for his future partner. 

 
 
There was Kim Jonghyun, but he was such a tool that Daehyun didn't want to be paired up with him. Then there was Kim Kibum, but the kid was so ing flamboyant that he'll end up just giving Daehyun a head ache. He'd most likely be paired up with Kim--
 

 
"Yoo Youngjae and Jung Daehyun.." A squeak was heard from Youngjae as the teacher called out the next partners.
 

 
Daehyun slowly glances over towards the now disheveled teen. Youngjae's face is red as he bits his lip, holding back tears. He didn't want to be paired with Daehyun, for obvious reasons. Who would want to be paired with the guy who has been making your entire high school life a living nightmare? Not Yoo Youngjae, that's for sure. But he's not the type to go up to the teacher to ask if he can have a new partner. 

 
 
Daehyun finds his palms growing more clammy as he plays scenes over and over in his head, scenes of what him and Youngjae can do in a locked room with a bed. There was countless possibilities. Oh the possibilities. 
 
 
 
Before the younger can regesture what was going on, Daehyun all ready has his green phone in his hand-- quickly typing something before handing it back over to its owner. Daehyun gently punches Youngjae's arm before biting his smile as he returns to his friends. His heart is still pounding as he looks at his phone. He caresses it as he studies the new number he had just added. His friends give him weird looks, but don't question their friends strange behaviour when it comes to Youngjae. They never do. 
 
 
 
------
 
 
Daehyun enters his empty house. His mother and brother usually go out shopping after school. He throws his bag onto the living room couch after he takes off his shoes. He runs to his bedroom where he quickly locks the door and jumps onto his bed; phone in hand. He quickly dials his newly added contact, listening closely to each ring. 

 
 
"Hello..?" His voice was quiet by he recognizes it immediately.
 

 
"Youngjae-ah..how are you?"
 

 
"Daehyun? Oh my gosh..."

 
 
Daehyun finds it cute how Youngjae seems to be flustered whenever he talks to the other boy, even when it's not in person.

 
 
"Yes it's me, Youngjae. I was just calling to see when we can meet up for our project? I was hoping tomorrow.." Tomorrow was Saturday, and that was the day where Taemin and their mother would go out for breakfast then go to the movies. They could be alone without his littler brother wanting to know what was going on. And also because he didn't have to introduce Youngjae to his mother. 
 

 
"Um...okay." He hears Youngjae fidgeting with something on the other side, "w-where do you want to meet up?" he stutters.

 
 
"I don't mind. Maybe my house? Or yours--"

 
 
"Yours. N-not mine.." Daehyun chuckles at Youngjae's cuteness, but doesn't comment on it.

 
 
"Okay. I'll text you tomorrow then! Goodnight baby Youngjae!"

 
 
"Wh-what!?" Daehyun hangs up, before the younger can comment on his new humiliating nickname.
 

 
Daehyun spends the rest of the night thinking about the younger boy. He redials his number, but then quickly hangs up. Daehyun is excited, but also very nervous. He's excited because this gives him a chance to really get to know the other, vise versa-- but he's nervous because it is his crush. The same crush that Daehyun has had since grade nine. The same crush that Daehyun has been bullying since the first year of their highschool lives. Daehyun hopes that he can make Youngjae at least be comfortable around him. He sighs as he lays on his side. His mind slowly slipping into dream land, where he dreams fondly of him and Youngjae.