chapter8

We Can Happen

 

"Who did that to you?" Donghae asked Dara as soon as the doctor left the room. He wasn't looking at her. He can't.

 

His question sent an uncomfortable aura to the whole room that Bom wasn't even able to move from where she was. She was awkwardly standing near Dara's bed not knowing if she should be there.

 

"O-oppa..." Dara didn't know how to answer. She was confused.

 

She's pregnant. And she's not ready.

 

Dara bit her lower lip. She didn't want to look at Donghae. She can't. She's ashamed of herself. How can she tell him that she jumped into bed with a stranger when she got drunk?

 

And her parents? How can she tell her parents? She got pregnant when she never even had a boyfriend. She's a disappointment to her family. She's a disgrace.

 

She felt her tears run down her cheeks. What is she going to do?

 

Why me?

 

She has been a good daughter. She studied hard and never had trouble in school or with anyone. She loved her job back in the Philippines and is embracing the new environment her uncle offered her. She always gives money to the street children. Why?

 

Damn you, G-Dragon!

 

Dara felt Bom hugged her. She was silently comforting her as Bom didn't know what to say as well.

 

Dara found herself crying harder.

 

"Answer me Dara! Who's the bastard that did that to you?" Donghae asked. Louder this time.

 

Bom could see his knuckles turning white as he closed his fist tightly. "Attorney Lee, Dara does not need your anger right now."

 

Donghae gritted his teeth. He doesn't know what to think. How did this happen? Why did this happen? And to Dara, of all people? His Dara?

 

He can see that Dara is as confused as he is. More lost, if he can say. But heck Dara is pregnant and he knows she doesn't even have a boyfriend! Never had a boyfriend!

 

But Bom is right. She doesn't need a dose of anger right now.

 

'I'll investigate on my own,' he thought.

 

Donghae collected himself with a deep sigh. He slowly walked to Dara who is sobbing in Bom's arms. His face softened seeing Dara's state. He put his hands on her arms. "Dara..." he said slowly. He knows that this is not about him or what he thinks. Dara needs him.

 

He looked in her eyes, "I'm sorry I burst out. I won't ask you anymore questions until you're ready. But I just need to know one thing, did he force you?"

 

Donghae saw Dara shake her head and a sigh of relief escaped him.

 

"O-oppa," he heard Dara's weak voice.

 

"Yes Dara?"

 

"P-please don't tell my p-parents." Dara asked sobbing without looking at him. She was snuggled inside Bom's hug, finding comfort in Bom's non-judging arms.

 

"I won't," Donghae answered while thinking how long they could keep this a secret.

 

 

---

 

 

Donghae brought Dara home the next day. He instructed Minzy to look after Dara while he's gone. He still needed to go back to the office.

 

It was a fine afternoon. For other people, probably.

 

Dara is not appreciating the cloudless blue sky ouside her window. She is not seeing the blooming roses and the graceful movement of the trees right outside. All she can feel is the cool breeze caressing her face as she stare at nothing while sitting on her bed, just how Donghae left her.

 

Minzy openned her windows when she refused to go out. That was a few minutes ago. Or was that already hours passed? She doesn't know. Dara doesn't know if she should thank Minzy for still checking on her, or hate her for letting the sunlight enter her room because she doesn't feel like seeing brightness right now.

 

Dara just continues staring blankly at nothing in particular. Her mind a complete blank. She heaved a deep sigh before she lied on her bed.She put her hand on her stomach. Dara wants to wonder about the life inside her and think about what she needs to do. But her mind won't let her think anymore.

 

She's tired. She closed her eyes and let the bright afternoon, the cool breeze and the chirping of the birds outside lull her to sleep.

 

 

---

 

 

Dara woke up the next morning feeling lighter. It might be the long dreamless sleep she had or the feel of the morning sun as it touched her skin or the wonderful smell of the newly cooked waffles on her bedside table. But for almost two months, she never felt better. She felt relaxed.

 

She needed the rest. She needed to relax.

 

And the peaceful, music video worthy vibe of the room that morning made Dara sigh in content. Even the way the wind blew her curtains was just so perfect.

 

How she wished that moment defines her life right now.

 

But no.

 

Peace and perfection is a far far away dream. She smiled bitterly. She remembered her last day in the Philippines. She was so stupid.

 

She was so excited to go back to Korea. She wanted to go back and stay for good. Oh she's staying for good now alright. For all the good and the bad reasons. But she doesn't know know which is good or bad.

 

In the Philippines, she was an employee, a daughter and a sister. Here, she became the boss, the president of a number of companies, and a mother to be.

 

A mother.

 

Dara got off her bed and sat in front of her vanity mirror. She looked at herself. Accusing, pitying, wondering...

 

She thought this day will be different. It started setting up the right mood. Dara felt she ruined the moment.

 

Or I am just checking reality. There is no point making up a dream. It is another day, yes. But she is still pregnant.

 

Dara heard knocks on her door. She did not answer but her eyes lingered on the door. When it opened, she expected Minzy to enter. Unexpectedly, she saw Bom standing inside her room.

 

"Hi," Bom greeted Dara. She went to her and hugged her boss.

 

Dara hugged her back. She felt warmth in Bom's presence. There really are people who can make you feel good by just being beside you.

 

Dara smiled. "Hi," she greeted back. "Do I have an important meeting to attend?"

 

Bom chuckled. "No, I just figured that maybe you're already tired of talking to yourself and you want to talk to someone else?" she smiled sheepishly as she sat down on Dara's bed.

 

Dara smiled. She doesn't have that many friends so she really appreciate Bom being there.

 

"Yeah, myself is not really a very good conversationalist."

 

 

"How are you?" Bom asked. She saw Dara turned to the mirror and sighed.

 

"I don't know." Dara answered truthfully. "A lot of things went on at the same time and I don't know. I just don't know what to think or what to do anymore. I don't even know if i'll make it through."

 

Bom walked to Dara and sat in front of her. "Of course you'll make it through." she said as he held her hands. "Attorney Lee and I are here to support you. You know I'm your friend right?"

 

Teary-eyed, Dara met Bom's gaze and nodded. "Thank you."

 

"You're not alone in this, Dara. And..." she hesitated before she continued, "and you should also tell the father of your child about your situation."

 

Dara's lips parted in surprise. With all the things that's happening, all the inner turmoils that she's having, she hadn't had the time to think about telling G-Dragon about her pregnancy.

 

G-Dragon...

 

Dara stood up and paced back and forth inside her room. Bom stood up as well but remained in place, following Dara with her eyes.

 

Dara bit her lips as she clasped her hands together.

 

Should I tell him? How can I tell him?

 

Dara continued pacing. This is a big news. G-Dragon, Bigbang leader, now a father to be. Her pregnancy might ruin his career.

 

And what will happen if she tells him? Will he take responsibility? Will he marry her? For a moment she felt a little giddy thinking about being G-Dragon's wife. But she shook her head. Marriage is not always a solution. Plus, she knows her life will be ruined if GD's fans found out about her. As a fan, she knows how it goes. She would be one of those fangirls willing to camp out of the girl's house just to say hateful worlds.

 

If only the girl isn't me...

 

And having a celebrity for a father will definitely affect her child. Dara hugged her stomach protectively. She won't let anyone hurt her child.

 

All the while, Bom has been watching Dara. And she can't help but feel for her. If she was on Dara's place, she knows she'll go crazy.

 

"I can't." Dara suddenly said.

 

"Why not?"

 

Dara sat down her bed. "It's complicated."

 

Bom sat beside her and asked quietly, "Is he married?"

 

"No." Dara said looking at her feet. "But it wouldn't be easy to just knock on his door and announce that he's going to be a father."

 

Bom faced Dara and held her hands, "Dara, it's not like you're asking him to marry you. But he needs to support you in one way or another. It's not like you're the only one who did that."

 

"But-"

 

"It will be best to tell him, Dara. He deserves to at least know that he's going to be a father."

 

"What if he did not believe me?" Dara was scared of that thought. The way GD acted nonchalantly after something happened to them flashed back to her mind.

 

Dara felt Bom squeezed her hand gently. "As I said, Attorney Lee and I are here no matter what."

 

She looked at Bom's smiling face. Dara smiled back. With all the mishaps that has happened, Dara felt lucky to have found true friends she can depend on.

 

 

---

 

 

Dara has been standing in front of an apartment door for several minutes now. She's not really sure if it is the right apartment building, or the right apartment number, but here she is.

 

She heaved a deep sigh then lifted her fingers to ring the doorbel. But she stopped midway. Is she really ready for this?

 

Bom drove her on the way there. Bom was actually waiting for her in the parking lot. And for that, Dara is forever grateful to her. Not mentioning that it was really tough getting directions from her. She doesn't really remember the way to GD's apartment. For god's sake she was crying when she left! She lost count on how many times she had Bom turn to the wrong road.

 

 

Aisht.

 

She lifted her hand again and stopped as her finger felt the doorbell. She hadn't pressed it yet. She can feel her heart trying to come out of her chest.

 

What am I doing here?

 

She put her hand down again and stomped her feet. How was Bom able to convince her to go back there? She could be in her room being alone and miserable and right now, that seemed to be a better picture.

 

With that, she decided to go back home. She turned her heels and was walking with her head low when she bumped into someone in front of the other apartment door. She almost fell on the floor. The guy was able to catch her.

 

"Omo! Sorry.. Sorry.." she said as she tried to get up.

 

"Are you okay, miss?" she heard him say.

 

Dara suddenly looked up to the guy she bumped with. His voice... And even with the mask and the hoodie that made it almost impossible to see his face, she recognized him.

 

"G-Dragon..."

 

 

 

***********************************************

 

hi!!!!!!!!! im still alive! :D oh but im sorry it took me over a month to update.. i promise to update more often.. forgive me please? thank you :D

anyway i am forever happy that more readers are subscribing to my fic.. more than a hundred? ohmigosh i can't say thank you enough! love love love!

and of course im happier that i've got more upvotes. THANK YOU to polet95, bumweh and my awesome writer of a bestfriend eylerith! ♥♥♥ and more ♥♥♥♥♥ !!!!




myra_205... i know i promised you that i'll have GD and Dara meet at chapter 8 and im sorry i had to cut this at that... i'll have their convo at chap9 :)