chapter7

We Can Happen

 

"Yes it's me," said the guy who came up behind Minzy. He smiled at Dara.

 

Dara's eyes lit up. The sight of her childhood friend made her inner turmoil forgotten. "Donghae oppa!!" she ran to him and hugged him. He was about to hug her back but Dara stepped away from him as she realized something. "You missed uncle's funeral!" she said accussingly. "How could you?!"

 

"I'm sorry I wasn't there. I had to run some errands for Uncle Mino. He understands why I wasn't able to attend." Donghae told her. "I hate myself for not being able to finish everything on time." he added sadly.

 

Dara pouted. She can really never get mad at Donghae. Look at him. Who can? "Where were you?"

 

"I was in California. Uncle sent me there." he said then he went beside Dara and put his arms around her shoulder. "I'll tell you everything later. But can you feed your visitor first?"

 

"Visitor?" Dara made a face. "You lived here before you practiced law, dummy!"

 

Donghae just chuckled.

 

Dara sent Minzy to prepare food while she walked with Donghae to the kitchen.

 

Aside from her uncle and Sanghyun, Donghae has been the closest to her. Donghae isn't a relative but he's like family to her. Her uncle adopted Donghae. He was one of the kids in the orphanage her uncle was supporting. He never called Mino his appa because he was used to being called Uncle Mino by everyone.

 

At first, Dara hated that she had to share her uncle's attention with another kid. With a stranger. But Donghae won her heart when he was always there for Dara. No one dares to bully her at school because Donghae always protects her. He became her playmate, her protector, her mentor, her best friend.

 

But they had to grow up and things somewhat changed. Donghae was still very protective of her. Dara can't blame him because she has the word 'klutz' written all over her. But Donghae started having his own circle of friends and Dara had hers as well.

 

She knew she was to blame if they drifted apart back then. Dara had a crush on him before. She didn't know when it started but she felt uncomfortable near him and she couldn't help but give meaning to everything he does. She knew she was just a sister-like friend to him. She kept their friendship. But it wasn't like before. When they weren't hanging out that much anymore, she got engaged with the K-pop scene and got hooked with G-Dragon.

 

When Dara assigned herself as the president of the G-Dragon Fandom, she became comfortable again around Donghae. She can thank G-Dragon for restoring her friendship with Donghae.

 

And maybe she can blame Donghae for her obsession with G-Dragon. Toinx.

 

When Minzy finished setting up the food in the table, she left Donghae and Dara in the kitchen. The two started catching up while eating.

 

Dara hadn't been eating that much for the past few days that Donghae most of the time just watched her eat like a truck driver.

 

"Wow, have they been starving you?" Donghae joked.

 

Dara didn't even look at him. "Shut up."

 

Donghae chuckled. "Well go ahead and eat a lot. You need that when we start talking about something else later."

 

Dara stopped eating and looked at him with wide eyes. "Are you going to tell me I'm dying?!"

 

"You and your imagination," Donghae said as he messed up her hair.

 

She smiled sheepishly at him then resumed eating.

 

---

 

Dara's POV

 

 

A few hours ago, oppa told me he wanted to talk to me in private. I was suspicious but I went with him inside uncle's study anyway. And there, I got the biggest shock of my life.

 

I have two words to summarize what Donghae oppa and I talked about.

 

I'm rich.

 

Oppa and I talked for hours in uncle's study. Well actually, he did the talking. All i did was to gasp and nod and stare. See? I'm a very good conversationalist. It took me time to process and grasp what he was telling me. Donghae oppa was very patient. I guess years of being my best friend is a good practice.

 

Anyway, back to the matter at hand, i'm rich. Yes. Can't believe? Me too. I mean, i'm not really sure what cancer did to my Uncle Mino (may he rest in peace..) but he left everything to me. I mean, EVERYTHING! His properties, his investments, stocks in different companies. Wow! What am i going to do with all that??

 

"Are you sure he's referring to me? Maybe there are other Sandara Parks out there that Uncle knows." I asked again. Have i already established that i can't believe what's going on?

 

I saw oppa smiled to himself. This might be exactly how he imagined my reaction when he first knew about uncle's last will and testament. I'm so predictable.

 

I knew Donghae oppa has been uncle's personal lawyer and handler ever since he graduated law school. But I didn't know that the two had been planning to kill me with heart attack. Aigoo.. They should have given me a hint before instead of just dropping everything like a bomb in front of me. I wasn't prepared for this.

 

I was just recently blown away by meeting G-Dragon and now this?? "What's next? That I'm Uncle Mino's daughter??"

 

"Silly," he chuckled. Then he cleared his throat. "Rest assured, Dara, that I will be here to support you and guide you with everything. Uncle trusts you."

 

"Well he trusted the wrong Park." came my smart remark.

 

I heard oppa sighed then the next thing I knew, he was sitting beside me. "I want you to know that Uncle talked things over with his siblings a year ago. And they all acknowledge the fact that you are closest to him and he has the right to leave everything to anyone he thinks deserving of what he had."

 

"They know you will be able to continue what uncle has been doing," he continued.I should be flattered and thankful. Really, I am. But since oppa started reading that pages of paper inside a folder, all I can hear was : money, assets, power. Remember what his grandfather told Spiderman, 'With great power comes great responsibility.' That's not my thing. I want to be the simple office girl Dara, who at the age of 25 is still being nagged at by her mom.

 

"I'll introduce you to everyone next week." Donghae oppa said. "That will give you time to collect your thoughts. And maybe hang out with me in between because I've really missed you." he winked.

 

Oh isn't he cute!I shook my head. I need to focus. Is this what I want? Can I do this?

 

For the moment, I found myself considering everything. I can't really break Uncle Mino's heart by not accepting what he left me right?

 

And maybe this is what I need. Something else to put my time and my mind on. This will help me move on with what happened to me and G-Dragon. Uncle Mino is really the best! He gave me this distraction right on cue.

 

---

 

GD's POV

 

 

I've called out some of Kiko's friends here in Korea. I planned something for her.

 

I know I have not been a very good boyfriend for the past months, especially with the album being released and the interviews before and after that... plus the fact that I slept with another woman the same night we fought. We've been talking after that night I went out with the boys. She forgave me so easily when I first said sorry I know I had to do something special for her.

 

She might have been more demanding of my time recently but I can't blame her. I wasn't able to give that much time as well. She had been very understanding when I had dates that I needed to cancel because of last minute shoot or recording. She put up with me even though when I visit her, I just doze off because of exhaustion. Really, she has been more than understanding. And that makes me love her more.

 

So here I am with three of Kiko's closest friends in a yatch, waiting for her to come. She doesn't know i'll be here. I asked her friend Yumi, to invite her on a yatch party and she said yes. She should be here any minute now.

 

"She's here!" Hajime told everyone.

 

I stood near the door while Yuri and Inoue are in their places near the buffet table. Yuri had the music going as well. She have a very good list of party music.

 

And then I saw her come in. As usual, she looks so beautiful. How can I have ignored her?

 

"Baby!" she exclaimed as soon as she saw me. "What are you doing here? I thought you have a rehearsal with Taeyang."

 

"Surprise." I told her as I open my arms for her. She understood and she ran towards me and we hugged. Oh how I missed her.

 

Hajime faked a cough, "Get a room." he said.

 

Kiko and I chuckled as we released each other. "Don't tell me Jiyong planned all this? And you went behind my back to help him?" Kiko asked as she looked at Hajime, Yuri and Inoue one by one.Hajime shrugged while the girls giggled.

 

"He wanted to surprise you." Yuri said.

 

"And there's free food and booze so we came along," Inoue added.

 

Kiko chuckled. "You evil friends."

 

I saw Kiko marvelled at the place.

 

I knew she would love this set up. The yatch is decorated with her favorite flowers and I had the chef cook her favorite food. I had the lights set up to make the place lively and fun which we both like.

 

"My baby is soo sweet!" she hugged me and kissed me on the cheek.

 

I smiled to myself and felt satisfied. Seeing her happy right now made all my effort for the past few days all worth it.

 

I guided her to the table and she greeted Yuri and Inoue. "Thanks guys." she said with all smiles.

 

The girls lifted their drinks to acknowledge Kiko.

 

"You're one lucky b*tch." Inoue jokingly told her.Kiko laughed. Music to my ears. "I know right!"

 

"So what's the occasion?" she suddenly asked me.

 

"Nothing," I answered as I wrapped my arms around her waist. "I just miss you."

 

"Aaaahh Jiyong! Are you trying to kill me with your sweetness?" she lightly puched my arms then put her arms around my neck. "I love you."

 

I gave her a quick peck on the lips. "I love you more."

 

And that comes with the promise that I will never do anything that will hurt her. I will give her all the time that I can give, and i'll have my heart and my eyes and my self only to her.

 

---

 

Dara's POV

 

 

That's the last one. I checked my watch. Three fifteen in the afternoon.I'm in my office. Yes I have an office now. Being the new CEO and President of the Park Group of Companies, I now occupy the space my uncle used to work in. Oh and it's a very wide space it is even bigger than the house we rented in the Philippines before we could afford to buy one! I have my own table, my own sofa, my own tv, my own books and shelves, paintings of famous people i dont know about (i only know they're famous because they're hanging expensively in this expensive office).. I even have my own room too!

 

Surprisingly, I still drag the time so I can go home. No matter how luxurious the office is, i still only find peace in the comfort of my own room in my uncle's mansion.

 

I sighed as I set the folder and my pen aside. I think sighing is my hobby. I sigh not only three times an hour for the past two weeks.

 

Another hobby is signing papers. I've been signing papers I don't read for days now I already dream of pens and papers hunting me down. Aisht.

 

I don't really do all the boss things yet. I assigned Donghae oppa as the acting president while I'm learning things. But educating myself and familiarizing with running different companies at the same time drains me. I can feel my complexion becoming paler than usual.

 

Donghae oppa already introduced me to the board members of Park Group of Companies in one of the board meetings. And honestly, I don't remember most of their names and faces. Meeting with them was very exhausting! I was not prepared mentally, emotionally and physically for everything that was happening. I had to meet so many of them and chat about things I don't have a clue about. Aigoooo. I felt like a small rabbit surrounded by a pack of wolves. Good thing Donghae oppa was there. Always my oppa to the rescue.

 

I massaged my temple as I thought about everything that's happening. It's all too fast for me.After meeting with the board members I called my parents to let them know what's going on. One might think they're worried but all omma said was, "Don't disappoint us." I wasn't able to talk to appa.I had to thank them though for somewhat preparing me for this back when I was deciding what to take up for college. It's a good thing appa had me take up Business Management in one of the best universities in the Philippines. Well, I wanted to take Mass Communication at first, but omma said there is no future in the media. Then she wanted me to take up Engineering. Me and all those numbers and symbols?? Naaah, I'd rather be working in a fast food chain. Good thing appa suggested that saviour of a course, Bachelor in Business Management. I finished all for years of it not knowing how i'll use my education until Donghae oppa introduced me to the board members of my uncle's companies.

 

Did I say companies? Yes, my Uncle Mino owns the Park Group of Companies which includes an aviation company, banks, a school, and chains of hotels. I knew uncle is rich but not THAT rich! I wondered how he was able to manage all of those and still find time to hang out with his neices and nephews or visit where his relatives are.

 

I can't even find time to eat!

 

My last decent meal was before Donghae oppa read me uncle's last will. That was ages ago! I always wake up only in time to take a shower. I have my coffee in the office and i finish one cup in the afternoon. Whenever I get home, i go straight to bed. Sometimes I don't even have time to change to my pj anymore.

 

This is actually the longest time I have done nothing while in the office. I checked my watch, 3minutes. Aisht.

 

I heard knocks on my door and my secretary Bom entered my office. Yes, i have a secretary too. A very beautiful secretary who will pass as a Victoria Secret model by just standing. Why can't I have a model-like guy secretary? Toinx.

 

But don't get me wrong, I don't complain having Bom. She's very sweet and reliable. Plus, she knows the business more than I do which is very helpful especially at times that Donghae oppa is not available.

 

"Good afternoon Dara!" Bom greeted me with her ever cheerful voice. She lights up the mood in the office with her presence and her aura. We are already friends. She's unlike those snobby mean girls I've come to know. She's like my cousin Jessica in some ways. I really like her. "I just came in to remind you of your schedules."

 

I nodded. That's the only thing I hate about her though, she reminds me of my schedule. Aisht.

 

"Attorney Lee is on his way to pick you up. He will accompany you to your meeting with the Avaition engineers at 3:30.

 

"I'm looking forward to seeing oppa, I haven't seen him since this morning when he dropped me off. I'm not very excited about the meeting though. What am I going to do there when I only knew the meaning of avaition when I searched it in google a few days back.

 

"By 4:00 PM you will have another meeting with the PR department about the expansion in California." she continued.Which part of the company are we going to expand again? Aigoo. I can already feel my head throbbing thinking about all the things I need to do.

 

"And Dara, we they're still also thinking if they really need to get a celebrity for endorsements so they also want to hear your thoughts about it." she said. "Can you get Choi Seungyun of Bigbang? I have hots for him." then she winked.

 

I tried to smile but my have this weird feeling in my stomach and my head is aching already. I just finished signing a pile of papers and now this? I need my double cheeseburger now. I leaned back to my chair to ease my discomfort.

 

"Are you okay?" I can hear worry in Bom's voice.

 

"I'm good." I dismissively said as I closed my eyes to relax. "Is there anything after the PR meeting?"

 

Bom reluctantly went back to her notes and continued reading, "Ah yes, accounting told me they're already done with the audit and we'll get you the copy before 5pm. We need the signed copy before the end of this day."

 

I nodded. Yes we dont have that much time. We have a lot of catching up to do because there were tasks that were not done when uncle started getting really sick. I sighed.

 

I love you so much, Uncle.

 

"At 7:00 you have a dinner meeting with Mr. Lee Soo Man about the merge with the Lee Aviation Company." then I saw Bom closed her planner.

 

Hearing all the things I need to do drained the energy from all over me. This has been the scenario for the past few weeks. Meeting here and there, emails to send and reply too, calls to make, conference calls to attend.

 

Sitting here listening to Bom suddenly made me feel tired. I massaged my forehead.

 

"Do you want coffee Dara?" I heard Bom.

 

Before I can answer someone knocked on my office door and Donghae oppa came in.

 

"Hi pretty ladies!" he greeted.Donghae oppa acknowledged Bom and then walked towards me. "How are you?"

 

I smiled weakly.

 

I tried to stand up to greet him back with a hug but my legs wobbled and suddenly I felt my weight on me.

 

I felt the room spinning and the whole place came into a blur.

 

"Dara!"

 

I felt strong arms wrapped around me then everything went black.

 

---

 

Dara woke up feeling a bit light headed. She slowly openned her eyes and had time to adjust in the light. A white ceiling welcomed her.

 

She instantly knew she is in the hospital.

 

"Dara?" she heard someone walked towards her. In a few, she saw Donghae hovering over her. "Oh my God thank goodness you're awake!"

 

Bom who has been with Donghae the whole time rushed to the door to call the doctor.

 

"How are you?" Donghae asked Dara as he rubbed her arms.

 

Dara groaned as she try to sit up. "What happened?"

 

"You fainted." he answered. "We were so worried!"

 

"I'm sorry." was all Dara was able to answer.

 

She felt weak. But her body felt more relaxed than it has been for the past few weeks.

 

A few minutes later, Bom came back with the doctor.

 

"Hi Miss Park. How are you feeling?" the doctor greeted.

 

"Good." she answered.The doctor smiled then walked to the machines beside her bed. Dara's vitals seemed all good.

 

"Is she going to be okay?" Donghae asked.

 

"Yes she is." the doctor checked Dara's records in the clip board and nodded to herself. "This is a case of over fatigue." she motioned to Dara. "Don't stress your self too much neh? It's not good for you. You need to rest and eat well. I prescibed vitamins that will help you regain your strength and your baby's too. But I still recommend you visit your OB to check the baby's health."

 

Dara's mouth hung open as she listened to the doctor. She can also see Donghae taken aback. She couldn't process what the doctor was saying. She knew she's been working hard, staying late and skipping meals but...

 

What is she talking about?

 

"W-what b-baby?" Dara struggled to ask.

 

Seeing the confusion in her patient's face, the doctor double checked her records. But was able to see the same thing.

 

"Miss Park, you are six weeks pregnant."

 

Dear Lord.

 

 

***********************************************

 

please bear with me on this one.. i know it's quite boring but i really need all these for my next chapters.. and im so sorry for the long wait.. i've got this drafted for a long time but i had to edit for a long time as well >_<

thank you though for still subscribing and for the new ones! KAMSA!

AND thank you thank you MizzNini for the upvote! love love ♥♥♥