chapter1

We Can Happen

 

Dara's POV

 

 

Good thing I wore my big sunglasses today.

 

I thought I have already accepted the fact that Uncle Mino passed away. But here I am crying again. I didn't know it would be this sad to send a love one away. Especially someone who had been very dear to you.Uncle and I were very close. It seemed wrong but I was even closer to him than to my own parents. I used to tell him everything, my thoughts and my experiences. He was like my human diary. And it broke my heart when we had to leave when my parents decided to live in the Philippines.

 

But sending him away is different from us leaving almost 5yrs ago. Because then, i still have an option to go back and visit him. Every holiday we come back to Korea and I know that I'll see him. This time, he's the one who left. And he's not coming back. No holiday visits and no shopping galore. No more confessions of crazy Dara to her dearest uncle.

 

I sighed as I turned away from his tomb. My brother's arms welcomed me.

 

"He's happy wherever he is." Sanghyun said.

 

"I know." I answered weakly.

 

My uncle has always been there for me. He even visits me whenever he can when we were in the Philippines. Aside from Sanghyun, he was the only relative that came for my graduation. My parents weren't even there. And it pains me that during the time that he's the one who needed me, I wasn't there.

 

No one knows he was suffering from cancer. He was going through chemo therapies all by himself. He didn't want to bother anyone. I guess he didn't want anyone to pity him. He had always been the Mino to the Rescue. He didn't want it the other way around.

 

I wanted to be as strong as he was. He was able to stand on his own and succeed in the profession he chose. He was able to help everyone in the family. He was even the one who sent me to school until I finished college in one of the universities in the Philippines. He was more than nice, more than reliable, more than the best. And even if he is not here anymore, I know that he will always be remembered. He left a mark in the Park family that can never be erased. It will always come along with gratitude.

 

With a heavy heart, i went with Sanghyun in one of the cars which will bring us to Uncle Mino's mansion. It was Uncle Mino's wish for everyone to be there. He wanted to bring everyone together. Then maybe catch up a bit. Uncle was a very big fan of reunions.

 

When we reached our destination, i felt my heart become heavier. Almost all of my relatives on my father's side are with me. Everyone's chattering, cathching up, one of my aunts is telling my mom what we have missed. My cousins sharing boyfriend stories and job issues with each other. I, on the other hand, stayed on a far corner sitting in front of my uncle's grand piano. We used to create beautiful melodies there. I ran my finger on the piano's edge. Me and my uncle were frustrated song writers. He used to write songs about me. I used to write songs about my life and my G-Dragon. It was fun mocking each other's works. I smiled.

 

"Hey Dara"

 

I saw my cousin, Jessica walking towards me, followed by her sister Nana and the other younger one I did not recognize.

 

I smiled at them. We are not close. I don't understand girls like them. Flirty, beautiful girls who can get everything they want by just flipping their hair. Amazing, right?

 

"Hang out with us." Jessica smiled at me. "We're going to the bar."

 

"It would be more fun with you." Nana added.

 

They always do that. Ask me to go with them in those noisy places where you need to wear dresses an inch longer than your or some clothes that defined the shortage of clothing in Korea. Not my thing. I'd rather stay in my room all night, daydreaming or fan girling or writing or maybe doing some job I wasn't able to finish at work. But of course, I can't tell them that.

 

"Uncle would have wanted us to have some girl bonding." Jessica held my arm. And I wondered on her face when I got closer. How can someone grow up so beautiful? We're cousins right? Maybe when God showered beauty, these three girls where strutting somewhere while I was busy in my room.

 

"Yeah, let's go before you go back to the Philippines. We don't see you anymore." Nana said. She was one sweet child. When we were young, we used to hang out together. Until she discovered the world outside books and boybands.

 

They all have urging smiles. I really appreciate them always still asking me out even though I always say no. I'm such a killjoy I know.

 

Well, what's one night right? I only have a few days left here. And I might not come back after this.

 

"Okay." I said.

 

Jessica's smile became wider as she hugged me while Nana and the other girl high fived. "Great!" they said in unison.

 

"This is the first time you said yes," Jessica said happily. "We'll make this your best night out ever!"

 

I smiled. Something fun to do tonight. I hope Uncle Mino wouldn't mind if I go out tonight. His boring Dara will go clubbing!

 

 

---

 

GDragon's POV

 

 

"What did I do this time?"

 

I am in the VIP room of a bar together with the BigBang boys. I planned to have fun and relax especially since we have been very busy because of the latest album that we released.

 

But I guess my girlfriend is against all my plans tonight. Here I am talking to her over the phone, raking my hair in frustration. Kiko wants to break up with me. Again. And we were just so happy before I met up with the boys. Sometimes I just can't understand how I fell in love with her!

 

"I think hyung would need more drinks after that phone call." I heard Seungri tell the others. Don't test my patience Seungri. I might kill you after this call. I sent him daggers with my eyes.

 

"Did I say something wrong?" Seungri's panda eyes widened, looking so innocent after his remark.

 

"Shut up Seungri." Teayang told him while sipping his vodka. Our maknae then went sulking on one corner of the room with his beer in hand.

 

TOP and Deasung shook their heads.

 

"You don't have time for me anymore. You have more time for your friends now." I heard Kiko over the phone.

 

It took me all my will power to stop myself from shouting over the phone. No time?! How can I have no time for her when even though we had a busy day I always find time to call her or text her and the few hours in a day left for me to sleep, i still choose to spend with her! How can she tell me I have no time for her?!

 

I sighed as deep as I can. "Baby we just saw each other half an hour ago."

 

"Yes but you have to leave early to go with your friends. You're always with them . We rarely see each other."

 

I gritted my teeth. What has gotten into her? Of course I always rehearse with the BigBang boys but that was work. And she said yes when I asked her if I can hang out with them! How can she tell me one thing and in a few minutes tell me another?

 

This is probably a thousandth time that we had an argument in the 4months that we are together. Sometimes I think I fell in love with a psycho. But i love her. And sometimes, i hate that i love her so much.

 

"Baby, we're just hanging out." i said as i try to calm myself. "Please, just tonight."

 

"I hate you." and then she hung up.

 

Most of the time I really don't get her. Aisht! I threw my phone to Seungri out of frustration. I raked my hair with my hands for the nth time. Sigh.

 

I got a bottle of beer and drank it in one go.

 

"So," that was Taeyang, "Will you go back to her?"

 

I sighed. Again. Should I?

 

"No." I answered.

 

Kiko and I can't continue this way. I need to have my say in this relationship too. If I go to her tonight, she will just throw the same antic in the future. It will just be a never ending cycle of me always trying to woo her. And we are already past that stage! Shouldn't she understand that my world doesn't revolve around her? I love her, but I'm just human. I get tired as well.

 

I got another beer. I'll have fun tonight. And just talk to Kiko tomorrow.

 

 

***********************************************

 

update for wenkie0414 and cheri86 ;)

shoutout to my new subscribers! mwah mwah mwah!

i was supposed to post this chappie yesterday but my internet connection wont cooperate..if i dont have a contract with this carrier i woulf have switch (>_<')
anyway i'll try to update again w/in this week.. enjoy reading!