Chen (Kim Jong Dae)

EXO Short Stories

(2025)

‘and lastly, thank you so much for your participants’

As the Professor closed the conference, I, along with another conference participants shake hands and leave the ballroom.

I walked out of the hotel, which is located in Apgujeong. Finally, i can enjoy my free time. It’s my first time going to Korea, i’m here to attend the Medical Conference of Tropical diseases.

As i walked through the street, Suddenly my phone rang.

‘hello?’

‘mommy?’ i smiled hearing her voice

‘Yes dear?.. i’ll be back tomorrow.. What’s the boyband you like again? Okay.. take care and listen to your Dad, okay?’

It’s my 7 years old daughter who called. She’s back in London, with her father. I had to leave them for 5 days for this conference so i promised her i’ll buy her a lot of souvenirs.

I stopped by a minimarket to buy some drinks, and head straight to the cashier. But i got queued behind a quite tall guy. But this guy seems familiar, somehow. But where did i meet him? This is not my hometown.

Speak of the devil, he turns to get a bar of chocolate in the counter beside me. As i meet his gaze, he smiles a bit.

Wait. I know him!

Aside from the slight beard, i know him very well.

How long has it been? 10 years?

‘Sorry..’ I try to speak to him in Korean and pat his shoulder ‘are you.. Chen? From EXO?’

He turns and said in korean ‘oh? You know me?’ he’s pointing his finger to me and back to him, so i can understand him.

‘Is it really Kim Jongdae?’ I gasp as i close my mouth with my hand. ‘I was a huge fan of EXO!!’ i stated in english. Because i can’t think of korean words anymore.

‘Thank you!’ he said, bows to me.

‘no, it’s an honour!’ I bow back to him. ‘How are you guys doing?’

‘We are doing fine. Some will get married, soon.’ He said, ‘Sorry, my English is..’ and he smiles shyly.

I shook my hand as to say that’s okay.

‘Wow. I’m speechless.’ I think my fangirl heart has come out after burried for years.

And our little conversation gets interrupted by his turn to pay.

‘Can i take a picture with you?’ i said.

‘Yes, Yes.’ he answers as he pay. And then he waits for my turn to pay. He’s so kind!

I paid as fast as i could, and then i go back to him.

Snap!

We take a selfie, as i cannot find any other person to take picture of us. Only a few people here and they seem don’t recognize Chen.

 Imagine if this is 10 years ago, i think, maybe i’ll be bashed by some fans.

I take 2-3 pictures. We look at the pictures that come out well.

‘Thank you!’ i cannot hide my smile.

‘You’re welcome’ he said, once again we bow to each other. ‘you.. live here?’ he said pointing the area.

‘No, i come from London’ Chen mouthed an excited ‘o’, ‘i’m here for some medical conference.’

‘daebak.’ He said, nodding his head.

After that, i shake his hand

‘i love EXO veery much since i’m in college. I’m so grateful I met you!’

He said ‘thank you for supporting EXO.’ And give me his wide smile. ‘i’m sorry i must go. I hope you enjoy Korea. Goodbye!’

‘Bye! Thank you!’ I answer him in Korean and he waved at me.

As i see him off, i sit in front of the minimarket.

I sighed.

Can’t believe what just happened. I touch my head. Is this even real?

I look again at the pictures. I pick one of them and post it online,

I tag EXO, and add some caption:

Unexpected Happens: Meeting my College Crush :)

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hi There!

I smiled a lot when writing this. Can you really imagine if this happens to you?

Maybe 10, 15, or maybe 20 years later, when our idols already got their own families, children,..

We also already have our own life, we have our husband and children..

and then we meet them coincidentally! kyaaaa *shriek in happiness*

Well then..

Thank you for reading! Please check my other stories as well ;)