Lay (Zhang Yi Xing)

EXO Short Stories

I was in my neighborhood, walking to my school leisurely. When suddenly i saw a guy stopped in front of me, confused whether he should take the right turn or not. He wore a flanel shirt, jeans, and brought a backpack. He looked so confused seeing the paper he’s holding. Sometimes he pointed at some random directions, or scratched his hair desperately.

‘excuse me? Can i help you?’ finally i decided to approach him

‘de? Oh, good morning.’ He said as he bowed 90o to me. I bowed back. ‘may i ask you which direction to the train station?’

‘oh! It’s near my school. I can take you. It’s this way’ i pointed him to the right way.

‘i’m so sorry to trouble you’ he said, bowed to me once again.

‘no, no, it’s fine.’ I said, bowed back to him. Well, this bowing-thing is awkward. I think he especially likes to bow.

Then we walked together, everytime he saw a turn, he drew and wrote everything on his paper. and it’s funny the way he remembered things, he wrote such as ‘turn right after the third electric pole’ or ‘go straight after the black fence house’

Finally i arrived at where we should be parted.

‘um, sorry, this way i have to take the left turn to my school. You just have to go straight and then take the right turn. I wish i can take you there, but i’m sorry the bell is about to rang’ i said.

‘thank you so much for your help, i’m sorry.’ And he bowed again. ‘so i just have to go straight and..’

‘..take the right turn. Okay?’ i kinda worried about this guy. What if he got lost again?

‘okay. I get it. Go straight, and right turn.’ He said that over and over again, mumbled to himself. ‘thank you! Bye! Study hard!’ he said waved his hand to me.

I waved back and then ran to my school.

-

3 pm.

‘let’s go home!’ my friend Mi Young approached me when the class is over.

‘i have to buy things in supermarket, you wanna come or..?’

‘hmm.. i think i’m gonna go home then. I have to watch drama at 3.30!’

‘hahaha okaay see you then’ i said as we parted.

I went to a big market near the train station,  to buy some things my mom asked me to.

When i go out of the supermarket, i saw the guy from this morning as he walked out of the train station. He saw me and he approached me ‘ah you! From this morning! Good afternoon’ he said bowing.

‘good afternoon!’ i bowed back. I think i started to get used to his amazing always-bowing ability. ‘got the right way, didn’t you’

‘hahaha.. how clumsy of me’ he said. ‘i forgot the way home...’

‘what??’ i looked at him amazed. ‘is it the first time you got here?’

‘yes, i’ve been living outside the town.. can i follow you until the place we met this morning? Maybe i can remember my way home later’

‘okay. Let’s go!’ i said

He opened a conversation

'by the way, my name's Yi Xing. Zhang Yi Xing' he said suddenly.

'i'm Ah Ra'

‘which grade are you?’

‘i’m on my 3rd grade. And you?’

‘this is the first day i go to college’

‘whoa. Which university?’

‘i got accepted in G university. So, i’m staying with my grandmother now. Because my house is soo faar away’ he said with some cute blank expression.

‘a..’ i nodded understand

‘is that your school?’ he asked me

‘yes..’ i nodded. ‘you’re starting to remember the way, right? Haha’

He just gave me a wide smile ‘maybe.. a bit.. and i’ll guess, we’ll take the left turn from here?’

‘er.. unfortunately, we’ll  take the right turn... i think you remembered the opposite..’ and we laughed. ‘may i ask what major do you take?’

‘i took art, sculpturing, to be exact.’

‘woow’ i stared at him, amazed. ‘actually i always want to go to G university..’

‘and which major interests you?’

‘interior design seems good.. but i’m not sure yet’ i said, while stared blankly to the front.

‘shouldn’t we take this way?’ he said.

‘oh yes! i’m sorry i was drowned in the conversation’

And we arrived at the first place we met.

‘i think i’m starting to remember my way home, i should take the right turn’

‘good for you! I’ll go straight on this street.’

‘thanks for everything today!’ he bowed, longer than usual.

I bowed back ‘no problem at all, i’m not doing anything actually.’

‘bye, good afternoon!’

‘bye!’ i said, waved at him.

-

Lay’s POV.

I finally reached home when suddenly i remembered something important.

what's her name again? Na Ra? Ya Ra?.. aishh

 

-