Xiumin (Kim Min Seok)

EXO Short Stories

i’m roaming through books and shelves. I am in the X University’s library, which is near where i study, Y university. This x univ is famous for their great collection of books.

i am in in the middle of the ‘Psychology’ book, looking for some Kaplan*’s friends. As if medical books aren’t thick enough, i have to deal with these, i said while realizing that the book i need is as thick as Dorland*. The other 3 books in my hand is not even as thick as this one.

The book position is above my head, and i am looking for some stairs or some librarian on duty. But i can’t find either of them, except there is a guy walking to my direction from my left.

While he go nearer, my mind is full with some thoughts. Should i ask for his help, or should i jump to get the book,.. should i fool myself if the book falls down, or i fall..

And i decided to call him.

‘er.. Sorry, excuse me’

He lift his head from his book with questioned look ‘yes?’

He has a quite fair skin, big round-almost like cat eyes, heart-shaped face. And he’s wearing a thin frameless glasses. He wears a short sleeve blue shirt and a pair of jeans.

Most important thing, he’s a head taller than me. Perfect!

‘i’m sorry to bother you, and i’m sorry this is impolite. But could you help me get that book?’ i pointed my finger to the book i wanted.

‘oh!’ he said, smiling, then he lift his heel and reach the book

‘thank you!!’ i bowed to him. ‘sorry for troubling you’ and i reach out my right hand to hold the goddamn book.

‘no problem’ he said ‘you’re already full. Let me take this to your table’

‘woaah okay, thank you’ i said and i walk to my table with him beside me.

‘i think i never saw you before, which year are you?’ he said.

‘mm that’s because i’m not from here.. hehe..’ i smile shyly ‘i’m from Y university.’ He make an ‘O’ with his mouth. ‘you’re from here, right? Psychology major?’

‘yes. the name’s Kim Minseok’ he reach out to shake my hand ‘i’m on my 4th year’

‘i’m Shin Min Ran, 3rd year medical school Y university’

‘they use this in medical also?’ he’s referring to the book he took for me before.

‘i have an assignment and it’s one of the book my teacher use. So i decided to take this also’

‘to be honest, i don’t like this book. And after 3 years i’m here, i rarely use this book’

‘really? Hmm..’

Then we reached my table.

‘i’m sorry but i kinda curious about your assignment, can i see it?’

‘okay. It’s about Somatoform disorder...’

and we talked about my assignment, as if we were friends.

--

after about half an hour..

'oh no! i have classes soon!' minseok said as he looked at his watch. 'it's so interesting to learn my study in a different point of view'

i sighed 'it's interesting for you. not for me.... i'm already fed up with all of these'

'haha it's so nice to talk to you! by the way..' he said while he packed his own things, he seemed considering something. 'i know this is a bit uncomfortable, but can i have your number?'

i stared at him blankly. he blushed.

but then i think, why not?

--

 

*Kaplan is one of the book that is used in psychiatry. Dorland is a medical dictionary