chapter eight

Destiny and Fate

∞ Bae Suzy ∞

 

My life drastically changed three years ago.

“So, tell me you love your dearest sister.”

I glared at her from where I am and huffed in annoyance, “Do I really need to?”

“Yes you do. Come on now Suzy. It won’t hurt you.” She playfully smiled which made me frown even more.

“You’re my least favorite sister.”

“Oh come on. I’m just your only sister, young miss.”

“Does that make any difference?”

She stared at me with an impatient and annoyed look that made me break out from my act and scoot closer to her to hug her tightly.

“I love you, Sora unnie. Even if you’re my least favorite one.”

“I take that as a compliment. I love you more, Suzy-ah. I’ll miss you. Don’t forget what I told you alright? If you ever have a problem that you can’t tell mom or dad, I’m just here. Always here.”

“Don’t act as if we’ll never see each other again unnie. You’ll come home on summer right?”

“Right.”

“Sora! Suzy! Come down now.” We heard our mother yell from the outside.

My sister and I talked about books when we reached the living room, and there we saw our parents who were smiling brightly at us.

“Do you really have to go without me?” I pouted slightly while playing with my fingers, hoping that they would make a last-minute decision to let me come with them.

“You can’t little sis. Today’s your enrollment, if I may remind you again?” My sister raised a brow at me while crossing her arms for an effect.

I raised my hands up as a sign that I give up, this conversation is going nowhere. I asked them a couple of times to bring me with them so that I could also see my sister’s new college, but they highly refused, saying that I can’t do it tomorrow or anytime soon because we have other plans.

“Just, take care you guys.” I sighed.

“Sweetie, as much as we love to bring you, we’ve talked about this, right? We’ll be back at six and let’s have a dinner afterwards alright?” My mother told me while hugging me and patting my back lightly.

“Shall we have that lobster again?” My father suggested which immediately lifted my mood up. He really knows how to make me happy again.

I grinned and nodded enthusiastically before hugging them one by one, “See you later, mom and dad. Take care Sora unnie. I love you all.”

“Aww, we love you too Suzy-ah.” They said in unison.

My sister laughed in between, “Jeez guys! Why are we getting so emotional? It’s not like I’ll go overseas. Besides, what’s the worst that could happen?”

What’s the worst that could happen?

The worst that could probably happen is them getting involved in a car accident. And they did. It did happen. The worst that I could probably imagine happened in a blink of an eye.

I could never wait for my sister to come home every summer anymore.

I could never eat lobsters with my parents ever again.

Gone were the days where I will be spending time with them again.

 

On the day of their funeral, I saw him for the first time.

I saw the man who I’m looking straight through the eyes right now.

Suddenly, the butterflies in my stomach froze and my body turned cold.

“Byun Baekhyun.” I said weakly but it harshly came out as a whisper.

My sister’s boyfriend.

xx

[a/n] Happy Birthday Baekhyun!