chapter one

Destiny and Fate

∞ Bae Suzy 

 

I have always loved the idea of waking up in a peaceful morning with the birds chirping, the sound of nature calling out to you. The sunlight touching your sleeping face, and last but not the least, the smell of pancakes, bacons, eggs, perfectly toasted breads, and freshly brewed coffee. Oh how nice it is to wake up with such an environme-

"BAE SUZY!"

But I am unfortunate enough to be greeted, not by sound of the birds chirping but the sound of my aunt shouting. I groaned and grabbed my phone only to find out that it ran out of battery. Standing up, I did some morning exercises to wake my soul. I grabbed my charger by the bedside table and charged my phone immediately. I took a glance at the clock and it says four in the morning.

I went out of my bedroom and was about to go down the stairs but instead I was surprised by my aunt who is holding her knees and catching her breath in front of me.

I looked at her, completely puzzled by what is going on. "Ahjumma wae?”  I asked.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me ahjumma?" she started once she have finally caught her breath, "You have to deliver the milks now."

Shee then pushed me back inside my bedroom, "You have to be ready in ten minutes. Be quick." And before I could protest, she shut the door right in front of my face. What was that? I sighed and made my way to the bathroom and took a quick bath and brushed my teeth as fast as I can. I looked outside the window and saw that the snow started to fall.

The first snow.

I shook my head and decided to wear a plain shirt, pants, rubber shoes and a really thick coat since I predict that it will be really cold outside. Carrying the bag with milk cartons, I stormed out of my room, knowing that I'm past the ten-minute deadline.

My aunt was making breakfast when I arrived downstairs. 

“Ahjumma, I’m going now.” I said as I make my way out while combing my hair with my fingers.

“Wait!”

I stopped on my tracks and looked back at her. I creased my forehead while focusing on untangling my tangled hair. I really need to buy a comb later. My aunt ran towards me and held me by my shoulders, enough to stop me on doing whatever I was doing. I looked at her and mouthed ‘What?’ 

She clasped her hands in front of her and looked up dreamingly as if she’s imagining something really sweet or a really nice thing perhaps.

One thing for sure, my aunt is really getting weird.

“Uh, ahjumma what are you doing?” I managed to speak despite of the weirdness that I’m feeling all around the room.

She held my shoulders again and shook me while her cheeks are turning red.

What in the world is happening with her? I hold her arms to stop her from shaking me and shook her back, “Ahjumma why are you getting weird?”

She held my arms back to stop me from shaking her and breathed heavily before squealing. I covered my ears with both of my hands and widened my eyes in surprise as she opened the door and pushed me outside.

“Ahjumma!” I shouted as I nearly stumbled down. Good thing I restored my balance quickly or else I don’t have any choice but to let the grass kiss me. Not a good thing.

“There’s a really handsome guy on room 12! You have to go there quickly so you can see him! Go now! Be quick!” she said before squealing again.

I literally dropped my jaw and widened my eyes at what I just have heard from her.

What?

She pushed me once again when she saw me not entirely moving, “Be quick! Why are you still standing like a stone! Go now!”

I stomped my feet in frustration, “Okay Okay ahjumma okay alright?” I sighed and ran towards the building next to our house. I stopped running once I reached the gate of the apartment, knowing that my aunt won’t see me now. 

I opened the gate and smiled back at a couple who is making their way out. They must be out to jog. I breathed in a large amount of air before going in the apartment. I hugged myself because of the coldness I felt from the weather.

All I hear was the still silence once I stepped a foot inside. Starting my job, I took out one milk carton, with a note that says ‘good day!’, out from my bag and placed it outside the door of each room in the apartment. I looked and inspected once again to make sure that everyone has cartons outside their door before taking up the stairs to the second floor. I repeated what I did until I reached the end of the hallway in which the last room was found.

ROOM 12

I stared at the door number for minutes.

“There’s a really handsome guy on room 12!”
“There’s a really handsome guy on room 12!”
“There’s a really handsome guy on room 12!”

“Does he look like Ian Somerhalder? Brad Pitt even?” I shook my head at the thought. Why am I thinking about what he l00ks like? He must not look that good because my aunt said so. In fact, we do have different tastes. That's right, he must not look good. But wait, why am I thinking about him again? I sighed and took the last carton of milk in my bag. Weirdness has completely gotten over me. And it's all because of aunt's fault. But really, is he handsome-

"Who are you?" 

"A handsome guy!" I gasped and covered my mouth immediately. I looked up to the guy who just talked and I almost dropped the milk carton that I'm holding.

Things are really starting to get strange.

xx