chapter four

Destiny and Fate

∞ Bae Suzy 

 

I won.

Well, by a point. That was a close call for me to be more serious (even if I got no mistake at all). Apparently, I found out that the mighty Myungsoo studied really hard to beat me (this time). I got frustrated for a second to see that I only won because of a point. After all, there is that one hundred percent chance that he could have been right and tied with me.

But since luck was on my side today, I smiled evilly at the guy, who looked like the world was on his back, in front of me. 

“So,” I started off, “I have a lot in mind Myungsoo-ah. But this is one is at the top of my list.”

“Just get on to the point immediately Suzy. Next class will start at ten.” He said timidly as he looked at his watch.

Geez, this guy lacks patience as well.

“Alright alright.” He glared at me. What did I do now? “Okay, patience challenger, patience. I, the winner, want you to be close to this guy in my neighbor.”

His shot me a confused look, “The guy in your what?”

“The guy in my neighbor. One word is enough for a wise man, challenger.”

“What do you want me to do now?” He rubbed his palm on his face, annoyed, confused, angry- any emotion aside from something to do with happiness is painted on his face. You name it.

“I want you to be close to him, alright? So that I would have a reason to be close to him as well.”

“You like him.” It wasn’t a question, more of a statement or a declaration.

Yes. I like him. I smiled sweetly and proceeded to explaining my plan, why would I bother saying that I like the guy from my neighbor? Myungsoo knew me very well.

“As I was saying, you should be close to him, you know. If possible you could be best friends with him, that is very much on my favor. He’s a new guy who moved in yesterday. Room 12.”

I perfectly recalled how he looked like. Perfect stance, his hair that is styled perfectly that made him look so mature, his gaze that can make you melt in a puddle of hearts, flawless skin- I mean, come on, how could a guy have such a skin like that? Perfect set of white teeth and his kissable lips. Plus, his smile that can make any girl’s heart flutter.

I now therefore conclude according to my observation that he’s the man of my dreams.

“Not again, Suzy.” I was brought back to the reality by Myungsoo’s statement that is laced with a warning tone.

I raised a brow at him, “I won. So you have no choice to make a complaint, challenger.”

He sighed and sat up straight, looking at me seriously in the eyes, “See, the thing is. You’ll fail with your love life.”

I’ll fail at my---what?!

“You!”  Grabbing the thing closest to me, which is unfortunately a ballpen, I tossed it on his face (which unfortunately once again, he caught it with his hand).

“Do I need to seriously go back to your history of failed supposed lovers? Alright. Remember that guy in Music Club without eyes, Sunggyu? Do you know how much hell I’ve been through just because he’s so strict when it comes to practices but I have to endure it all just because you said you really love him? And do I need to remind you about that nerd, Sungyeol? Heck I don’t even understand what books he talk about everytime I talk to him but you said that I have to endure it because he’s really the one for you? Oh, what about Hoya from Dance Club? I almost became a disabled man because we always practice all day given just ten minutes break! I’m just glad that you finally said that he’s not the one for you after a week because heck, I did not get up for a day due to muscle aches!”

“Hey hey hey!” I cut him off mid-sentence, “Excuse me, it’s not Hoya’s fault if you have such a weak body!”

“Still! I shouldn’t have been in that club in the first place!”

I batted my eyelashes and pouted, “Please Myungsoo-ah. I could really tell that he’s the one for me, I swear! This is the last time, I promise!”

He looked at me for a second before nodding, “Alright. This is the last one.”

I pumped a fist in the air and beamed at him, “Yes! You’re the best, best friend!”

xx