chapter six

Destiny and Fate

∞ Bae Suzy ∞

 

April 26, 2016

I died.

Well, not really the ‘died’ died.

The kind of ‘died’ when you see your best friend sending death glares at you from afar that you wish you might as well be dead at the moment or being eaten by the ground to disappear.

Ladies and gentlemen, it was nice to meet all of you.

“Trust me Myungsoo! I..To be honest I was really going home at that time, but then a car sped up when the traffic light is still red! Wait a minute- why are you scolding me?” I pointed at myself and stared at him in disbelief.

“Because you did not look before you crossed the road.” He simply stated.

“Still! I’m the one who’s in the hospital right now and you dare scold me. Ouch Myungsoo. It hurts.” Clutching my chest dramatically for an effect, I heard him heave out a resigned sigh.

I grinned widely. I knew by this time that I am forgiven for my absence of attentiveness.

He smiled back, “Let’s just go home.”

“Can we drop by an ice cream shop? Please?”

☼☼☼

So ice cream it is.

It’s late at night yet we are here, hanging out at a nearby ice cream shop.

“Myungsoo-ah, do you know who saved me?”

“No.”

“So you didn’t see him in the hospital?”

“No.”

That’s weird.

“Why?”

“What why?” He eyed me in confusion. I quickly replaced my expression with a sly smile.

“That’s because, dearest slave,” He groaned at the mention of ‘slave’, “the one who saved me is none other than the love of my life.”

“I saved you then.”

I scoffed. Here we go again. I punched him hard in his arm which earned me a groan from him. That’s better.

“Are you the guy from my neighbor? No. You live blocks away from me. Dream on, slave. Dream on.”

And my almighty best friend seemed to be enjoying my annoyed face that he laughed so loud that it filled the quiet shop. I face palmed myself mentally. Remind me why I am friends with this guy again?

☼☼☼

“Promise me you’ll know his name by tomorrow.” I raised my pinky finger at him and put on a hopeful expression on my face.

“I promise..not.”

“Myungsoo!”

“Okay okay,” He held up his arms, “Give me a week.”

“But that’s too long!”

“Three days.” Myungsoo smiled lazily as he rubbed his nape.

I smiled, “Alright. Three days.”

☼☼☼

“Does he love me?” I plucked out a petal from the rose I’m holding while continuing, “Does he love me not?”

“I’m sure he loves you.”

I stiffened on my spot as I heard a voice behind me. It’s not just I stopped on my tracks because somebody caught me on the act doing what a hopeless romantic usually does, but it was also because the words came from the man that I long to see after long agonizing hours after my near death experience.

I immediately looked behind and saw him standing there.

“W-who?” I managed to reply despite the fact that I was in awe looking at the man before me.

“The one you’re always with.” He said with a smile lingering on his lips while he makes his way to sit beside me.

Oh God. This might be the best night of my life.

“Myungsoo?”

“Ah. Is that his name?”

I nodded. I still can’t process the truth that he’s sitting beside me!

“Anyway, it’s getting late. You should be sleeping now. Do you have a class tomorrow?”

I nodded again. All that I know right now is that he’s sitting beside me and talking to me casually! I feel like I am prepared to be hit by a car right now just because he finally talked to me.

“Why are you here again? Don’t you live there?” He pointed at the house in front.

“I just.” I held up the rose in my hand.

“Oh.” He seemed to understand what I’m here for and chuckled lightly afterward.

I held my breath. He just laughed! My heart, brain, soul and all the system in my body are hyperventilating. I don’t know how to react!

I heard him clear his throat as I look at the rose, avoiding his gaze.

“You should go in now, your aunt might be waiting.”

Seriously, at this time, my brain failed to function and all I could do is nod, wave at him shyly and run to my aunt’s house.

I clutched at my chest while feeling my heartbeat going wild and fast, looking back at the building in front of me before opening the door.

I froze on my spot as a realization hit me.

I didn’t get his name!

xx

Seventeen's comeback. *cries in a corner*

y'all are curious about the guy. guess who i have in mind? *laughs evilly* okay no.

ily all.