SNSD

Song Scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Primary Song: SNSD- Baby Maybe

Genre: Fluff

Characters: Jessica/ Male OC (Unnamed)/ SNSD/ Krystal (cameo)

The bell above the door of the coffee shop jingled cheerfully as a female walked in, and equally cheerful voices cried, "Sica!"

 

She looked over to see her closest female friends sitting at a table large enough to fit all nine of the girls, including herself.

 

"Hey guys," she greeted them as she strode over to them.

 

"Hey! I love your clothes," Tiffany gushed, and Jessica laughed. "Thanks, I got them on sale," she told her as she sat down between Sooyoung and Yoona.  

 

"Well, now that we're all here, we can order," Taeyeon, the unspoken leader of the group, said. They never said aloud that she was the leader, but they looked up to her as one anyways. As the oldest, she had the right to be one.

 

"I can go to the front counter and order," offered Joohyun, the latest addition to the group of friends, who went by Seohyun.

 

"Actually, can we call a waiter over?" Yuri asked, eyeing a particular male employee. “Like that one.” She pointed to him.

 

Before anyone of the others could respond, Hyoyeon jumped from her seat and waved. “Excuse me, we’d like to order,” she hollered really loudly.

 

He glanced their way and smiled, causing Yuri to fan herself. “Omo, he’s really cute,” she squealed.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes at the sight of her strong female friends become weak in the presence of a guy. A cute guy, yes, but a guy nonetheless. “Half of you guys already have boyfriends, so I don’t know why you’re nervous about him coming to our table,” she pointed out.

 

Next to her, Yoona bumped her shoulder playfully. She was one of the few who had a boyfriend. “Aigoo, our Ice Princess strikes again,” she used Jessica’s infamous nickname given by the group. “Just because we have boyfriends doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy some eye candy.”

 

The other girls who were in relationships nodded, and Jessica scoffed. The cute male employee approached them with a big smile. “Hi, how can I help you today?”

 

None of the girls answered, all too embarrassed by Hyoyeon's bold act, nervous about talking with a cute boy, or just too busy ogling. Jessica took the initiative to lead. “Hi, uh, sorry for calling you over because it’s not very typical to call over an employee at a coffee shop to order, but my friends, um,” she gestured to them, trying to think up a lie, “thought we’d try to do something new.” She finished lamely.

 

Thankfully, he merely smiled and didn’t question it. “Alright, what would you like to order?” he asked.

 

“Where’s your little notepad to write down orders?” Soonkyu, who goes by Sunny, cutely questioned.

 

With a small smile, he reminded her, “Well, this is a coffee shop, not a restaurant, so we don’t carry those little notepads with us.”

 

"Oh right," Sunny blushed and ducked her head down in embarrassment. They all gave him their orders, and he seemed like he was paying attention, so Jessica decided to test him. “Sorry if I sound rude, but do you really remember all our orders?” she challenged.

 

“Of course. Two caramel frappuccinos, three mochas, one hot chocolate, two bubbles teas, one taro and one mango, and one green tea,” he recited, impressing all of the girls. “Is that all?”

 

When they shook their heads, he gave yet another smile and said, “Okay, I’ll be right back with your drinks.”

 

Once he was gone, the girls all turned to Jessica. Feeling all eyes on her, she furrowed her eyebrows at her friends in confusion and asked, “What?”

 

“Why’d you say that we just wanted to ‘try something new’?” Sooyoung inquired.

 

“Well, I couldn’t think of any other better lie. I had to make something up other than ‘my friends wanted to talk to you because they think you’re cute’ Like, what kind of reason is that?” Jessica defended herself, flushing a deep red. “And none of you guys actually talked to him when he came to our table. I was the one who had to do all the talking," she accused the others.

 

The others seemed to feel no shame at her point. "It wasn't our fault we were tongue tied by such a gorgeous guy like him," Sunny swooned.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes. 'Actually, it is your fault,' she thought to herself but chose not to comment.

 

"Sica, why'd you challenge him like that?" Tiffany continued the questioning.

 

"What challeng-" Jessica asked before remembering, "Oh. Well he didn't seem like he was remembering everything we said, so I was just double checking."

 

"Well, you embarrassed him," Tiffany told her, and Jessica looked at her shocked. "No, I didn't. He didn't look embarrassed to me."

 

Taeyeon spoke up before an argument could develop. "One of us needs to help him with the drinks. He can't carry all 9 of them," she noticed because she sat at the end of the table towards the counter.

 

The other eight girls turned their heads to see the male employee place the ninth drink on his tray. Without realizing it, Jessica stood up to go help him, when he picked up the tray with ease. She slowly sat back down when she realized he didn't need any help. "Looks like he's got it," she unnecessarily told everyone else.

 

"Guys, stop staring," Yuri hissed. "Look somewhere or talk amongst yourselves."

 

Immediately, all the girls tore their eyes from him and began chatting to the person next to them.

 

When he came to their table, all the girls- except for Jessica- looked up to him with smiles in expectation. It was almost a very comical sight.

 

He pretended not to notice and began placing the drinks onto the table. "Alright, here are three mochas, two caramel frappuccinos, two bubble teas, one taro and one mango, one hot chocolate and one green tea," he listed.

 

"Wow your memory is amazing," Seohyun complimented.

 

He bowed. "Thank you. I hope you enjoy your drinks, and if you have any complaints, please come to the front counter, and we'll see what we can do to help," he flashed a warm smile that could melt any girl's heart. Even Jessica's supposed heart of ice was slightly moved by his smile.

 

As soon as he left with the bill, Yuri wasted no time in acting like a drama queen and put her hands to her chest where her heart was. "He's so cute, I think I'm going to die," she said dramatically with her eyes closed.

 

In response, the other eight either laughed or shook their heads in amusement, and, like all girls when they congregate, began conversations with one another, topics varying by the people talking.

 

They spent a good hour there with drinks long done before they decided to leave. In fact, the only reason why they decided to finish up is because Yoona had to go meet her boyfriend soon. "I don't even know why he wants to meet up. He said it was a secret," she said it like she was annoyed, but the others could see the faint blush on her cheeks.

 

"Whatever you say Yoona," Sooyoung teased.

 

"I think it's time for all of us to go now," Taeyeon decided, and the rest agreed.

 

Being in a particularly good mood, Jessica offered, "I'll go throw the drinks away." She went to go get a tray to place the drinks on to carry them all at once.

 

The other girls stared at her in shock. 'Well, this is new', they all thought.

 

By the time Jessica returned with the tray, most of them had snapped out of their daze. They helped to clean up and place the drinks onto the tray. Jessica took it and began walking to the trash when she suddenly slipped.

 

The other girls immediately ran to her and fussed over her. “Omona, Sica, are you okay?” Seohyun helped her up.

 

“I’m fine,” Jessica reassured the girls. She then looked down at her outfit and sighed. “But my clothes aren’t. They’re all wet.”

 

The girls looked around and realized that the floor was wet which was why Jessica had slipped. “How did you not notice the wet floor?” Hyoyeon tsked.

 

The girl shrugged. "I just didn't," was her response.

 

Tiffany giggled, "You know Sica. Slightly spacey at times."

 

Just then, the cute male employee cleared his throat and diverted their attention to him. "Ahem. I'm so sorry for the accident. I should have put up a caution sign," he apologized.

 

Jessica shook her head. "It's not your fault. I should have paid attention to what I was walking on," she explained.

 

When he smiled at her, she felt butterflies bursting from their cocoons in her stomach, a sign of her extreme nervousness.

 

He held out a white hoodie, and she looked at it in surprise. "For you," he offered. "To cover up the coffee stains on your shirt."

 

Her eyes widened. She couldn't take it. It would be rude of her to. And besides, it was the beginning of fall. He needed his warm sweater. "Oh, no, keep it," Jessica began, but Yuri cut her short.

 

"You're so kind," she budged into the conversation, took the hoodie, and firmly placed it into Jessica's hands. "Now, we must get going. Thank you for everything. Service was excellent. We'll come back another time soon," she smiled at him. "Come on girls." Yuri dragged a stunned Jessica out the door, and the rest of the girls followed.

 

'What-What just happened?' Jessica thought to herself. She looked down at her hands that were still tightly grasping the male's sweater. She yanked herself from Yuri's strong grip who looked at her in surprise when she did.

 

"Why did you drag me out?" She asked with a tinge of annoyance.

 

Yuri smiled knowingly. "Because if I didn't, you would have stayed there for a very long time, trying to convince him to take his hoodie back."

 

"Well, is it so bad if I did? This isn't even mine and-" Jessica stopped and looked at the hoodie. "I need to give this back," she made up her mind and turned around to march back into the coffee shop, but Yoona stopped her.

 

"Jessica, it's already yours. He gave it to you. No use in giving it back because he won't take it back," she reasoned.

 

The said girl sighed and looked at the piece of clothing in her hands again.

 

'I'm never going to wear this,' she firmly thought.

A few days later, Jessica was looking into her vanity mirror, wearing the exact hoodie she swore she would not wear.

 

She sighed to herself. It was a cold day. And she didn't have many other warm and comfortable clothing except the hoodie. And-

 

Jessica stopped making excuses for herself. She was wearing because it reminded her of the person who gave it. The person whose masculine scent was still on the hoodie despite a few days passing.

 

She raised her hands to her nose and took a sniff. She smiled; his scent- although faint- was still there.

 

To be completely honest, even she didn't know why she was acting like a lovesick fool. She hardly knew him. Well, she did become quick friends with him when she continued going to the coffee shop he worked at but that was beside the point.

 

"Unnie, I'm going now," Krystal, her younger sister, shouted, pulling Jessica out of her daydream.

 

"Okay, be safe," Jessica hollered back. She heard the door open and a surprised noise from Krystal. "Oh!"

 

Jessica walked out of her room and into the living room where the front door is still obscured from view. "Krystal, is there something wro-?" Her breath hitched.

 

"Oh, what are you doing here?" She blinked at the person who had be

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter