WINNER

Song Scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Primary Song: WINNER- Tonight

Genre: Melancholy (I can't do angst. I can only do melancholy it seems. So I have created a new genre)

Characters: Mino/ Female OC (Park Shin Ae **Note: Different Shin Ae from the last chapter)/ Bobby & WINNER (cameos)

I wasn’t expecting tonight to go down the way it did. I wasn’t expecting Shin Ae to have come back earlier than she said she would. I wasn’t expecting her to intrude on my movie night with Hye Rin. What a nasty surprise it was for all three of us when Shin Ae suddenly walked into the living room where Hye Rin and I were comfortably snuggling with one another, not really paying attention to the movie but rather one another.

 

The moment she stepped into the living room, she froze. We all did actually. The fleeting look of surprise dissolved into an unreadable expression.  For a few long moments, there was an awkward silence as Shin Ae simply stared at Hye Rin and me.

 

“Shin Ae,” I began, and she seemed to instinctively take a tiny step backwards. Now there was a trace of hurt visible on her otherwise expressionless face.

 

“Are you really going to try to explain yourself?” She frostily scorned. Her eyes roamed the scene in front of her, a scene of betrayal. With a cross of her arms, she quietly mocked, “Go on. I’d love to hear your lame excuse for cheating on me.”

 

I gaped at her, wondering when she ever had such an icy demeanor. She was usually so cheerful and kind. And even though our relationship the past month had been rather rocky, she had never been so cold to me. But considering the fact that she’s just caught me cheating on her, it’s not all too surprising she’s chillier than the Arctic.

 

Taking my surprise as admittance to having no excuse, Shin Ae lightly scoffed. “So-”

 

“Aren’t you the littlest bit curious about why I cheated on you?” I demanded, cutting her off. “Or how long we’ve been dating? Are you really that not interested about why your boyfriend of two years is doing this?”

 

She was taken aback for a moment before recomposing herself. “Those things I can guess for myself, but what I want to know is-”

 

“I was bored with you,” I interrupted loudly. Her eyes seemed to flash with fury. “I felt like we no longer had a spark, but I didn't want to break up with you, thinking that'd upset you."

 

"It's more upsetting to walk into this," she immediately countered.

 

"But you were so happy with me, so...," I struggled to find the proper word, "clingy, that I didn't have the heart to push you away."

 

"How kind of you," she bitterly remarked.

 

Ignoring her, I continued, "But I didn't want to stay unhappy by you, so I went out and found someone new. Someone better." I turned and smirked to Hye Rin who slyly smiled back. She was aware I was a taken man, yet she still pursued me. How could I say no? Especially to someone with a face and body like hers.

 

Shin Ae looked as if she was going to explode, but was trying her hardest to stay calm. "Is that so? Well, then I suppose you'll be happy to know that I also have someone else, someone better, to keep me happy," she snapped, and I quickly swiveled my head to face her. She seemed to have a rather triumphant smirk.

 

"I pity that poor man," I coldly said, and Shin Ae's smirk slid off her face while her glare intensified. For a few moments, none of us moved as Shin Ae and I fiercely glared at one another.

 

Finally, Shin Ae cracked the tension with a spiteful "I wish you and your new girlfriend a happy life," followed by a quick spin on her heels to leave. I didn't flinch when the door was slammed close.

 

"Well, that was overdramatic," Hye Rin snorted, and I absentmindedly nodded. She tugged at my sleeve. "Oppa, she ruined our movie night," she pouted.

 

"We weren't even watching the movie," I pointed out.

 

"Still, I enjoyed our cuddling session," she admitted, snuggling even closer to me to emphasize her point.

 

For some reason, Hye Rin pressing her body closer to mine causes my heart to twinge. With what, I'm not sure. I suddenly arose, away from her embrace, and she looked up at me in surprise. "It's getting late, Hye Rin. You should go home," I said without looking her in the eyes.

 

"But I don't want to," she whined. She looked up with big pleading eyes and pouting lips. "Can I please stay here? Just for tonight?'

 

Yet again, for some reason, I hesitated. The thought of Hye Rin staying over at a house meant for just Shin Ae and me felt a bit weird. At the sight of her pleading, I shrugged the weird feelings aside and gave in. "Alright, you can stay," I sighed.

 

As Hye Rin attacked me with a gleeful hug, I couldn't help but think to myself, 'Only because it's late, and I don't want you to drive in the dark. And I don't want to drive you home in the dark.'

 

But I didn't say that to her. Instead, I gently pried her off me, and when she looked a bit hurt by my gesture, I took her hand in mine to erase any doubt in her mind. In my mind.

 

“Come on, let’s go upstairs. You can sleep in the guest room,” I suggested.

 

She frowned. “Can’t I sleep with you?”

 

I couldn’t seem to say no to her, so I reluctantly agreed. But later that night, as I laid in bed with a peacefully sleeping Hye Rin, I felt like the whole situation was wrong. I stared at the girl beside me, my mind beginning to compare Hye Rin with Shin Ae. And everything felt wrong.

 

Hye Rin was beautiful, no doubt. But somehow, as I scanned her facial features, I thought her beauty was rather plain. Her looks, I realized, were common.

 

Shin Ae, on the other hand, didn't have a face that made people to stop and stare. But she had a charm to her that you had to discover, and once you do, you can't tear your eyes away from her.

 

My mind began to wander to my memories with her, and all of a sudden, I missed her. I missed her smile, her laughter, her caring personality, her soft and small hands, her everything.

 

I cursed to myself when I realized that I still liked Shin Ae. How could I have been so blind? So stupid? And here I was, with another girl who wasn't her.

 

Who knew a night could be so long? I learned that it can be when you're missing someone very much.

After a terribly long night of fitful sleep, I woke up and immediately locked eyes with Hye Rin. Startled, I shot up from my spot. She also got up from the bed.

 

"How long have you been watching me?" I asked her.

 

With flushed cheeks, she responded, "Not for long. I-" She broke off, completely embarrassed.

 

"Ah, forget it," I waved it off. "Let's go."

 

"Where?"

 

I stopped in my footsteps. We're going to different places, I wanted to tell her. She's going home while I…I'm going to meet Shin Ae.

 

"Uh, well, we need to go eat breakfast first," I smiled at her.

 

After said breakfast, I stretched and yawned. "Come on, Hye Rin. You need to go home now. I'll drive you home."

 

She looked at me in surprise and disappointment. "Oppa, can't we spend time together today?" She was pulling out her aegyo again, but I wasn't going to give in.

 

"Sorry, but I can't today." Or tomorrow. Or ever. But I didn't have the heart to tell her that.

 

She pouted, so I added, "I'll call you later." Maybe then I'll be able to admit that I was done with her, as harsh as that sounds.

 

"Okay," she sadly agreed, as if she knew what'd be coming later.

 

We left the house and got into my car. When we arrived to her house, she didn't get off immediately as I thought she would. She seemed to be deep in thought as she stared out the window. I gently nudged her. "Are you okay?"

 

"Huh? Yeah." But she still didn't move. I frowned at her concernedly. Hye Rin had been oddly quiet throughout the entire car ride which isn't at all like her. She's normally very chatty.

 

"What's wrong? Why aren't you getting off?" I looked at the house. "This is your house, right?"

 

"Oppa," she began softly. "Do you…regret leaving Shin Ae? Do you regret leaving her for me?"

 

I didn't say anything and looked away. "Hye Rin, you should get off now. I have to go now," I finally said after a few moments.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter