Ailee

Song Scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Primary Song: Ailee- Sakura

Genre: Sadness

Characters: You/Your bias

It seemed like all I could see for miles was a sea of pink petals, both over my head and under my feet, as I strolled down the sidewalk in a town known for its sakura trees. It had been a long time since I’ve been in this town.

 

A gust of warm wind blew past me, shaking the trees and their branches, and hundreds of petals fell, slowly fluttering downwards in a spiral. I was entranced by their graceful fall disguised as a dance.

 

“Oh, they’re so beautiful.”

 

I looked around for the person who spoke, and my eyes landed on a couple walking on the other side of the street, going the opposite direction as me. My heart clenched at the pair, seeing how much love they held in their eyes when they looked each other.

 

“Not as beautiful as you,” the man said sincerely, and the woman- the one who I had overheard first- pushed him aside in embarrassment.

 

Unable to bear any more sweet sentiments, I quickly walked on, and only slowed down when I to a corner. Seeing a pair of lovers holding hands as they admired the sakura blossoms was particularly bittersweet for me.

 

We had once said and done similar things as they did, I thought to myself. What happened to us?

 

My unspoken question lingered in my mind as I drifted around town. Although it had been nearly 3 years since I was last in this town, my feet seemed to remember a few favorite spots. I ended up in front of a small restaurant, and with a deep breath, I slowly pulled open the door and stepped inside.

 

The air conditioning chilled my bones, a sharp contrast from the warm outside, but I didn’t want to leave. Even if the memories that were beginning to arise overwhelmed me.

 

“What’s your greatest wish?” I asked suddenly.

 

My boyfriend pretended to think for a moment although he already knew his answer. “To always be with you.”

 

I nudged him. “Ayy, answer me seriously,” I told him even though I was blushing.

 

He laughed. “I’m serious though.” He craned his head back to the counter and waved the waiter over. “I’d like the check please!”

 

When he turned his attention back to me, I asked, “Are you really, really serious? About wanting to always be with me?”

 

“Of course. Why would I lie?”

 

I stuck out a pinky finger. “Promise me that you’ll always be with me.”

 

He looked at my finger in amusement but conceded. “Promise.”

 

I sat alone at the same table we had once sat before. A waitress bustled over with a menu. “Just water, please,” I said before she even asked.

 

Surprised by my simple answer, she nodded slowly before hurrying away. I sighed heavily as I stared out the window at the sakura trees lined up along the street. You liar, I thought bitterly. You broke your promise.

 

I closed my eyes, but opened them a moment later when the waitress arrived with my glass of water. “What else would you like, ma’am?”

 

After thinking for a moment, I answered, “Strawberry pancakes, please.” The choice was an odd one since it was past noon, but it was special to me because it was what I ate with my boyfriend every time we came here.

 

It was hard to believe that a year after we last came here together, I was here again, except alone. I half expected him to run in with slightly tousled hair, eyes scanning the restaurant until they fell on me and lighted up. But in reality, the door remained closed.

 

I looked around the restaurant and noticed it was virtually empty. There was no one except the waitress and me.

 

Empty…like how I felt the month after he left me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter