SNSD

Song Scenarios
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Primary Song: SNSD- Let It Rain

 

Genre: Action, Angst (actually angst. I think)

 

Characters: Yuri/ Other SNSD members (this is not a soshi pairing fic)


Warning: character death

In a dark, rundown portion of Seoul, the pitter patter of raindrops hitting the concrete streets is the only thing that was heard. From the shadows of an alleyway, a slim figure clad in black emerged, gripping a small pistol in her hand.

 

“G9G4, come in,” she whispered, as she glanced around for any form of life in the dingy street, “this is G9G6, ready for duty.”

 

The tiny earpiece in her ear crackled to life, and only audible to G9G6, a woman’s voice declared, “Okay, the target is moving in your direction. He’s a block away from turning at the corner. Your mission is-”

 

“-to take him out as quickly and quietly as possible,” finished G9G6. “I know.”

 

With that, she slowly crept to the edge of the building to wait for her prey. She tucked her pistol into her belt and drew out a knife instead. Standing flat against the building, she quietly breathed, “Is he coming?”

 

“Yeah, wait for him,” ordered the woman over the earpiece. “Three, two, one-”

 

At the end of the countdown, a man turned the corner, as predicted, and in the blink of an eye, he was hunched over, groaning from the stab of the knife. His assailant kicked him in the stomach, and, losing balance, he painfully crashed into the ground. She planted one foot on his chest to see if he'll move. When he doesn't, she took off her foot and squatted to pick up his arm to check for a pulse.

 

Unable to detect one, she stood up and dusted her hands.

 

"Is he dead?" asked G9G4 over the earpiece.

 

"Yeah." The first woman pulled out the knife from the man's stomach and wiped the blood on his shirt.

 

"Good job, Yuri," the other woman complimented.

 

Yuri, or G9G6, smiled. "Thanks, but it was nothing.” Her eyes scanned her surroundings, seeming to look for something. “Where’s the SM-?”

 

She stopped and paled when she caught sight of face in the distance that disappeared once she spotted it.

 

Without meaning to, Yuri let out a curse before running after the person, but once she had reached the street where she had saw him, he wasn’t there. She knew the person was a male. And she knew that he witnessed her getting rid of her target.

 

“Yuri, you okay?” the woman on the other side of the earphone asked.

 

“I’m okay, but someone saw me on my mission and escaped,” admitted Yuri.

 

“What?” blurted the other woman. She fell quiet, and Yuri guessed she was replaying the footage from nearby cameras in the vicinity.

 

While she was doing that, a black convertible, also know as the Soshi Mobile, or the SM, pulled up next to Yuri, splashing everything as it rolled in and out of puddles. Yuri picked up the now cold and wet body of her victim and dumped it into trunk before getting into the car quickly, apologizing to Hyoyeon, the driver, for getting the seat wet.

 

“Okay, I have good news and bad news,” informed the woman on the earphone as Hyoyeon began driving. “What do you want to hear first?”

 

“It depends. Which news outweighs the other?”

 

“Well, the good news is that I was able to identify the man who escaped. The bad news is we don’t have much information about him other than his name, which can mean he isn’t that important in the mafia world and/or he’s extremely elusive.”

 

Yuri listened in silence as she absorbed all the details before emitting a heavy sigh.

 

“I’m sorry, Yuri,” the woman apologized. “I should have caught better attention to him.”

 

The agent shook her head. “It’s okay, Tiff. What happened happened. What’s important is to find him and silence him.”

 

“I’ll start tracking him right away,” promised Tiffany, or Tiff for short, the group’s computer geek who functioned as a tracker and eye-in-the-sky.

 

“Could you also tell Taeyeon what happened?” Yuri requested.

 

“Of course. See you at headquarters in a few.”

 

Yuri made a small hum of agreement and tapping her earpiece to hang up the call.

 

Hyoyeon gave the woman next to her a side glance. “Did something happen on the mission?” she asked, partially concerned and partially curious.

 

The agent let out yet another heavy sigh. “Someone spotted me,” she responded dully.

 

“What? Who? Do you know the person?” Although Hyoyeon didn’t partake in missions anymore because of her injuries, she was once one of the best agents in the field and knew exactly why it was a very bad thing for someone you didn’t know saw you on a mission.

 

Yuri shook her head. “No, but Tiff’s trying to find out.”

 

Just then, her ear phone beeped twice. Upon pressing the button to accept the call, Yuri heard Tiffany excitedly exclaim, “Yuri, I found out his position. You’re in the SM right now with Hyo, right?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Tell Hyo to go near Namsan Tower and let you off there. I’ll give you more directions when you’re there,” directed Tiffany.

 

Yuri relayed the information to Hyoyeon who promptly moved the car to the proper lane that would take them to Namsan Tower.

 

“Why is he at Namsan Tower?” Yuri inquired curiously. “That’s pretty far from where we were.”

 

“I think he was the designated driver for the agent you killed who was also just on a mission. He must have been waiting in the car for him, but because he was impatient or something, he left his car and made his way to where you were and saw you jump the enemy agent. Then he fled back to his car and drove away, and now he’s at Namsan Tower. My bet is that his group’s headquarters are there or someone he knows will be there on his command.”

 

Yuri nodded slowly. “Makes sense.”

 

The two didn’t exchange any more words until Hyoyeon parked in front of the iconic tower. Yuri thanked the older girl and got out, making sure to look around for other enemy agents. She wasn’t sure which group’s territory she was in, but she didn’t want to stick around and find out.

 

Feeling a large ball of uneasiness in her stomach, Yuri peeked back into the car. “Hyo, are you busy? Do you have to go pick someone up?”

 

The driver glanced at her watch. “No, not right now, but I have to go take Sunny to her mission in about an hour.”

 

“Could you wait for me until I finish this mission?”

 

It was a sensible request because both women knew Yuri would be able to finish in less than ten minutes. But what surprised Hyoyeon- and even Yuri herself- was the tinge of nervousness detected in the question.

 

“Of course.” Hyoyeon gave the younger woman a reassuring nod.

 

Yuri gave her a grateful smile, closed the door, and watched the black car drive a bit away to wait. The rain had mostly led up and was now only a drizzle, something Yuri was thankful for because that meant less people than usual. Granted, she felt as though there was still too many people around for her liking, but it was ten times smaller than the usual crowd.

 

Tiffany spoke up. “Do you see the nearby coffee shop? Make your way to it and round the corner into the alley.”

 

Yuri did as she was told and began walking as casually as she could in the direction of the cafe. With purposeful strides, she weaved in and out of the crowd of people hurrying to and fro.

 

“Yuri, he’s approaching you. He’s in the crowd right now. Be careful,” Tiffany warned her urgently.

 

“What?”

 

Just then, someone bumped into her, distracting her, and she muttered a sorry, but immediately stopped a step later.

 

The person she bumped into...Although his head was down and covered with a hood, in the millisecond of eye contact they had, Yuri was able to note his facial features. And a moment later, she was able to recognize him.

 

It was him. Her new target.

 

She whipped around as soon as the realization dawned on her and was met point-blank of a gun and screams of terrified civilians who didn’t deserve to be caught in the crossfire.

 

The man behind the gun seemed devoid of emotion, but Yuri could hear a slight trembling in his voice when he coldly threatened, “If you move, I shoot.”

 

Yuri had been in the field far too long to be actually scared of such a threat. The fact that he hadn’t shot yet told her that he was a rookie, too inexperienced to be able to go through with his threat. But just in case he actually had the gall to do so, she decided to play it safe.

 

“And if I don’t move?” she challenged. “Will you let me go?”

 

She could see him falter; he clearly didn’t know how to respond which meant he hadn’t thought his plan through. Through the corner of her eyes, she could see the last of the civilians flee, and she took advantage of his hesitation and lack of people around to pull out her gun and dive to her right.

 

As she was diving, she sent a well aimed bullet to the man, who crumpled as soon as it hit him. She crashed onto the ground at nearly the same time he did, the cold rain water slapping her in the face.

 

Yuri took a moment to breathe deeply before trying to raise herself, but for some strange reason, she felt far too weak to do so. After a lot of struggling, she managed to prop herself on one arm, and her eyes immediately caught sight of the dark redness of the water. They trailed down to the darkest part of the water, which was near her stomach.

 

Using her free hand, she gently prodded at her stomach, and when her fingers poked at a sensitive part, she hissed in pain. Yuri figured the man had shot her as they both fell, and she hadn’t heard because the gun went off the exact moment she hit the stone pavement.

 

As she laid on there on the ground, the coldness of the water seeping into her clothing, she felt the rain continuing to pelt down on her, one drop at a time.

 

Drip. Drop. Drip. Drop.

 

It felt as though the rain was mocking her. “Poor you,” it seemed to say. “Your last day on Earth will be a dreary, rainy one. I suppose this is what you get for killing countless of other people.”

 

Yuri fought the urge to close her heavy eyes despite her weakness. She was a fighter. She couldn't give into Death. Not yet, anyway.

 

She p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter