Broken Soul

Human and Wolf

From the truck, Yifan can already hear the sirens. All of Yifan's senses are on alert. He turns to enter the community and the first one he sees is Chanyeol. Why is he here and not with Joonmyeon? Where is Joonmyeon? He jumps out of the truck, eyes red.

"Alfa!" Chanyeol shouts through the sound of heavy rain. "We don't know where Joonmyeon is!" WHAT? Yifan is torn between killing Chanyeol or going to search for his mate. It's harder to get his scent with the rain and the rest of the people, their fear stinks the air.

The alfa goes to his house, Kyungsoo is there.

"He must be at the tent!" The smaller says. Yifan sniffs the air. "Come on!" He runs with Chanyeol towards the tent. They can't really smell Joonmyeon but they smell something unfamilliar. They prepare to attack. The closer they get, the smell gets stronger and yes, Joonmyeon is there! Yifan swallows hard, already half turning. Nails out, fangs out too.

He suddenly jumps inside the tent, ready to attack, he already smells fear in Joonmyeon.

"NO ALFA!" Joonmyeon has his eyes shut tight. He is standing in front of a figure, of many people actually. Yifan tries to catch himself, he knows he almost jumped on his mate (not in the good way). Yifan growls and roars. It's scary and it leaves the children in tears. The sound of children crying stops Yifan and makes him go back to his human form, not understanding. He shakes his head and zooms in on his mate.

"It's Suho!" Joonmyeon is trembling, behind him... yes, it's Suho and his children, they are the ones crying. What? Where is his brother? Suho should smell like his brother.

"What? What are you doing here?" He breathes again. Suho doesn't look good, he could see it even with such little light.

"They need help." Joonmyeon is upset, Yifan doesn't like that. He walks towards the crying pups.

"Hey..." the leader says softly. "Do you remember me? Uncle Fanfan? I'm sorry that I scared you... I was afraid too." The children nod, they know he is an alfa and they must satisfy him, obey him, respect him, believe him.

He still can't understand what is going on with Suho and why his brother is not with him. But he will ask later. He needs to see Joonmyeon now.

"Let's go ho-"

"Alfa!" Chanyeol enters carrying someone. It's Hakyeon, his brother's right hand, almost fainting. Suho is also surprised to see him. Yifan goes to aid him.

"What is going on?" Now, Yifan is sure that this is not good, he shakes his head. "Let's go home now." Chanyeol nodded.

Yifan wanted to carry Joonmyeon but he asked him to take the children instead.

 

-----------

 

Luhan, Minseok and Kyungsoo were at the door of the main house waiting for them. Luhan's senses went wild at the scent of an intruder, but he was also surprised to see that the "intruder" was no other than Suho.

In the light, he looked really bad. His face was bruised, he looked dirty and way too thin. The children didn't look better.

"So you walked all the way here?" Minseok asked. Suho nodded.

Yifan and Luhan let them go to wash up, Minseok went to cook. All of them finally turned to Hakyeon for answers.

"It happened half a year ago..." What? "...it was one of those nights... you know, that nothing usually happens... but then..."

 

----------------

 

"...and then they did it in front of him..." Suho told his brother and Minseok, eyes full of tears. "After that he tried to endure it... but who can... I, the alfa's mate, was already marked... he told me to leave. That I was a shame and the kids..." He broke down in tears. Minseok nor Joonmyeon could not believe it. Jiaheng wasn't like that.

 

------------------

 

"He told him that to make him leave, because he was sure that Suho wouldn't agree with what he wanted to do..." Hakyeon was about to break. "He knew Suho would at least try to follow him. He left the community, Alfa, right after Suho left with the children. He told me to go find them and make sure they get to you. He left with Hongbin. He wanted to go alone..."

"What about the other people?"

"Some left... but some families are still there. The elder is in charge, nobody knows, but we know what will happen if this gets known." Yes, a pack without an alfa, someone was going to claim the land sooner or later. It was at the borderline, so the danger was big.

"Someone should go there" Yifan looked at Luhan who nodded.

"Or bring them here. How many are there?"

"I dont know how many are left... we were never too many. Maybe thirty people, maybe less. Many children for sure and omegas."

"Excuse me..." Minseok spoke, Luhan's look went soft upon seeing him. "Dinner is ready. I think Hakyeon needs to eat."

 

---------------------

 

At night, after Joonmyeon placed Suho and his children in the guest room, he found himself unable to stop crying in Yifan's arms.

"Please calm down, it's not good for the baby..." Yifan really could cry himself.

"I don't understand... why would somebody do something like that... couldn't they just take the land?" He sobbed. They didn't stay which, to Yifan, meant that they were going to be back. He didn't want that, that is technically his territory as well, he doesn't want a bunch of crazy psychos near his pack, near Joonmyeon.

"I know, baby." He puts his big hand on his mate's tummy. "It's alright. I'll fix this. You know my brother still loves Suho... I'm gonna have to look for him." Joonmyeon sat up.

"No, you won't!"

"Joon..."

"Did you not hear what they did?"

"Yes... and that's why I know that I have to help him and the people." Yifan smells the fear in his mate. "Joon, nothing bad is going to happen to me, okay?" Yifan tries to assure him. Joonmyeon can only nod and hide his pain in the alfa's chest again.

 

-------------

a/n: its been to long. I know, Im sorry.