Almost there

Human and Wolf

Hyunchul could feel that this person, this man, was important, his name sounds familiar.

"I'm the son of the Great Alfa." There he confirmed it. "I can't imagine... I don't want to imagine, what you've been through. However, these people have done deep damage to our communities. People had died, people had been hurt for life, so if you don't cooperate with us, I will let the weight of the law fall over you too." Changmin feels like for doing this.

"If you do cooperate, we can offer a lifetime of protection for you and your... three puppies." He can smell the fear on the other man. Fear, and maybe so much more. Hyunchul breaks and starts to cry and shake. It's hard to watch because Changmin wants to hug him, protect him, erase his past even...

"Tell me what to do and I'll do it. Please don't take my babies away, they are not at fault." He sobs and Changmin wonders how he got the idea that he wanted to take his kids.

"Just tell me the truth."

 

----------------

 

"What are his... problems?" Yifan was afraid to ask but he has to.

"Many parts of him are not fully developed yet... here, he will get stronger until the ninth month." Yixing explains.

"Is he going to... are there any chances that he doesn't develop properly in the end?"

"It hasn't happened with our kind, but there's kind of a chance amongst pure humans... which he is not." Yifan sighs.

His boy is gonna have to be strong when he shouldn't and that was his own father's fault.

 

-----------------

 

Yifan goes back to Joonmyeon's room where Minseok was as well.

"Did you see him? Is he okay?"

"You can't talk that much. And yes, he is okay, I saw him. I'm not lying, angel." Joonmyeon blushes, Yifan has never called him something like that in public. The alfa caressed a side of his mate's face, the touch calmed him. The smell in the room gets thicker, sweeter.

"Alfa... what happened to the boy? The boy in the camp..."

"Changmin took care of that, you don't have to worry about him okay. Stay here, get better, take care of our boy, yes?"

"I think he had kids... are they?" Yifan chuckled and pecked his husband's lips. "Love, you are so caring... you're right, he had kids and everyone is okay. I'll tell you all about them when you get better."

 

--------------------

 

Technically, with Changmin there, the heir of the Great Alfa, nobody else's opinion mattered, however, he wanted to talk it out with Yifan. The prisoners, the boy and the children were already in Jiaheng's unfinished village, away from the others. Yifan went there.

"He told us everything. Something bigger is coming, I think we should be moving faster..."

"What about them?"

"The penalty is death, you know that. I just wanted to let you decide who will have the honor."

"I know who."

 

-----------------------

 

Suho is tired of waiting. He has to be by his brother's side and he is, but his mind is elsewhere. It's with him, with Jiaheng. Even if he knows that things have been solved, he needs confirmation, he needs to hear it from him, his alfa.

"It's already over, Luhan sent a message, they will be here soon. I already told him that the people are upset..." Minseok sighs. He is helping as many people as he can, he really is acting like the alfa's mate.

Suddenly, there's a commotion outside. Suho can see people gathering outside their door, Minseok sees Changmin's truck coming forward.

"It's them!" He couldn't help to raise his voice, he's missed Luhan too.

Suho sees Sehun practically throwing himself into Zitao's arms, so does Dara with Chanyeol. It's not that those are not natural reactions, but it just shows that their community is not ready for any kind of conflict. 

The crowd parts to let him pass. It's him, Jiaheng, his Jiaheng. The silence of the people talks of shock. Shock because Jiaheng is covered in blood and because they can smell it on him, smell the death. Suho holds a hand to his mouth, he doesn't understand where the blood comes from and that's why he starts to tear up.

Jiaheng comes to stand before him, he is carrying two black bags. On a closer look, anyone would see that the bags are leaking, leaking blood. He kneels, no, he almost falls on his knees at Suho's feet.

"You are my master and I..." he chokes on his tears. "I am at your service." He says and hugs his husband's legs. Roars break into the sky as the heads of the three perpetrators almost roll out of the bags.

The waters have calmed... for now.