The One that's Not Wanted

Human and Wolf

It's getting late. Joonmyeon is sitting in his living room with the rest of his guests, Suho's children are already back to sleep. Jaejoong already told him that he should go back to sleep too, but he can't. The reason is not what everybody thinks.

There are things that he knows he should be worried about, like a territorial threat, the people who hurt his brother, something like that, and yet...

 

----------------

 

It was Zitao and Hakyeon who found him in the woods, thin and looking worn out. They brought him to the community and called everybody else. He wasn't a threat, but he is not exactly a friend. But all previous thoughts of Alfa Mi vanished the moment he shared his story.

 

------------

 

The thing with his community, as all the other communities nearby, was that it was small. That's the point with the Great Alfa; everytime that a community starts to get bigger than his capital city, he gives some alfa a new territory. In effect, he has many small cities, many happy alfas and no threats to his power. Nobody opposes his choices because he is a good person, but he has to keep his power anyway.

One portion of his land was given to Alfa Mi as soon as he became of age and showed leadership skills. He didn't have a mate then yet, but he had a territory and a very strong will.

However, here he was now, almost dead.

"They came in small groups and attacked almost house by house... I think they were ten." Ten to put down a community of seventy and a body of twenty guards. But they were so silent that by the time the guards became aware, it was too late. As expected, only some guards and their families survived. "It was a blood bath. They took some omegas and killed alfa children... it was a nightmare..."

Yifan swallowed hard, he felt guilty because he wanted to ask about one person only.

"What happened to your personal guards?" Changmin asked.

"Are you talking about Hangeng?" Changmin nodded. There was no way in hell anyone would've been able to do this with him present.

"He wasn't in town at the time... he was away for personal matters. It's obvious that they have been watching us..."

"Do you know who they were?" General Choi asked.

"I don't know... our theory is that they are a pack of non-pure bloods." A pack of humans turned wolves, not born werewolves. Sometimes, these people don't take their new status very well, it's hard. Some commit suicide (mostly the new found omegas), others let their animal sides take over, others become just plain psychopaths with inhumane strength, that's the worst kind.

"What do you want here?" Jiaheng asked.

"I came to Yifan because I need protection. I want to protect what's left of my pack. I want to bring them closer to you. In exchange, I offer you some of the best guards of the territory... I offer you Hangeng."

All eyes looked at Yifan. There were things that were far more important than the one that was truly worrying Yifan.

"What do you mean closer?"

"My omegas and my children." He meant the ones that he conceived and the ones of his pack. Alfa Mi had been a friend of his father... well, just his father. Also, he knew that Hangeng and his men could find whoever did that to his brother. Those were the pros. The cons... well, there's just one, the fact that these people were obviously cornering them, bringing them all together to one point.

"Great Alfa, I want to say yes."

"Then that's my call too." Yunho responded. General Choi didn't looked pleased, but Zhou Mi was more of a friend of theirs.

 

------------------

 

Chanyeol was in charge of the group of guards who escorted the people to the new territory. Minutes before dawn, Yifan's people donated blankets and water for the newcomers. Joonmyeon also helped even when everybody else told him that he should rest.

"If you stay, you are not teaching tomorrow." Yifan warned.

"I'm fine, don't worry." He told his husband as he walked around the community center. The alfa sighed. Usually, Joonmyeon wasn't this stubborn.

"Joon..." he stopped him with one large arm. "...there are a million things I have to worry about right now, please don't be one of them and go back home to sleep..." Joonmyeon pouted.

"Yifan, aren't these people as much mine as they are yours? I have to help them."

"Can you think about the baby? You've been doing too much all day..." The omega pondered.

"Okay, I'll just take these pillows to the communal closet and ask Tao to take me back home. Is that okay with you?" Finally.

"Thank you." He let him go. Then he heard a chuckle behind him.

"That's the most hormonal I've seen Joonmyeon act... you should've seen Minseok when he was pregnant." Luhan shook his head, then he looked at his brother with serious eyes. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"I need to know if youknowwho is going to be a problem, a bigger one than the ones we already have." Yifan froze in place, he didn't find an answer in him. "I'm gonna tell you this now, before anything can happen; you have a family with Joonmyeon, who was your best friend first, the kind of friend who knows all your secrets, the kind of friend who never asked anything from you. Now, you are expecting a baby with him, your first heir. So before you think of anything else, anyone else... think of him. Go back to your house. Think of your mate". Yifan was about to answer but Yixing's distant voice caught his attention.

"They are here!" He announced.