Lost Love?

Human and Wolf

"I think something is wrong with the baby." Joonmyeon said trying to accommodate himself better on the floor.

"What is it hyung?"

"My stomach, it's so hard... I don't feel the baby's movements." His voice was shaking.

"Do you want me to call them?"

"I don't know..." he was starting to sob. "I'm afraid... do you think the baby is..."

"Don't say that, gege... Alfa Yifan will come for us and your baby will be fine. Don't cry. We could tell the boy when he comes." Joonmyeon nodded.

 

---------------------------------------

 

Suho couldn't let go of Jiaheng. He was so afraid, but at the same time, he wanted to save his brother.

"I have to do this baby." Jiaheng whispered to his ear.

"Please come back."

"I'm not going alone, they will take care of me, you know. Stay here, stay safe. Take care of our babies. Suho, please, we have to hurry."

Minseok was looking at the scene and didn't want to think about it, about what could happen. Was there really a chance for Luhan not to come back? He swallowed hard. He saw his children clinging to their father, especially Xiuhan.

"Hey, you..." Luhan called him. He went to take the kids.

"I wanna go with you Papa..." HanSeok said. "I saw them, you don't know them."

"Who's gonna take care of your father and your brothers then? Stay here and protect them." Luhan told him.

 

---------------------------------------

 

"Maybe you should try to sleep hyung. That might calm down the baby."

"I doubt I can do that."


---------------------------------------


Yifan was preparing his gear when Alfa Mi showed up. He looked worned out. The local alfa couldn't look at him in the eyes.

"Yifan, before we go, since our future may change... I want to give you this first." He gave him an envelope.

"What is this?"

"If something happens to me, this is my will. If I return alive, then we'll talk about it."

Yifan didn't understand what was going on, as far as he knows, anyone could die tomorrow.

It was already dark when they traced the scent at its highest point. But there was still a long way to go.

 

-----‐-----------------------------

 

In the cell, Joonmyeon had fallen asleep for some time already. Junhui reaches for him to see if he was cold. On the contrary, when he touches him, Joonmyeon was burning up.

"Gege... wake up, gege..." he shakes him a little.

Junhui gets scared when he hears the voices, but the boy is there too. The door opens and lets the boy enter, a tray in his hands.

"Can you bring us cold towels? He's got a fever."

"A fever?"

"Yes... I don't know what is happening." The teen is about to cry. "I'm afraid for the baby."

"Hyunchul, you stupid , get out from there!"

"I have to go. I'll see what I can do."

Junhui stays and prays and cries his heart out. 

The boy doesn't come back immediately, Junhui can hear a lot of screams outside, he fears for the boy and for himself. He doesn't know how long it has been, but he figures it's a lot and Joonmyeon keeps shaking and sweating, still burning up.

A moment goes by and Junhui thinks they are already deep in the night when Joonmyeon wakes up. It is not good because he wakes up with a loud scream, a cry of pain, deep into the darkness.

The teen jumps to go to him, Joonmyeon's instincts are running on him, he howls and cries a wolf's cry, loud and painful.

"Gege, what is going on?" Junhui doesn't know what to do to comfort him.

"It's the baby... ugghh... I think... I think it's coming..." he panted.

 

-------------------------------

 

Yifan is in wolf form sniffing the land, the air. It's easy to follow but he is worried because it's not Joonmyeon's scent. Him and the rest of the pack move fast, he is on the edge, his brothers too. Many people in this group have a lot of reasons to want to kill. He thinks about the baby and ignores the reasons why he might not be picking Joonmyeon's scent.

General Han has been growling the entire trip, he is out of his control, several times he barked at his own men. Tired. Angry.

He is focused on following the path when they all hear the howl, the cry of a wolf in pain, mortal pain. It's Joonmyeon. Joonmyeon! Yifan's animal side makes him run faster to higher land, he stands there and howls back with all the strength and the air he has. It's an answer. "I'm coming for you." The other wolves howl too, announcing their presence.

All of them start to move faster. The truck which the doctor is driving speeds up as well.

 

------------------------------------

 

The door bursts open with an angry wolf, a man wolf, the one that got them first. The leader.

"Argggghh, you stupid monster! What do you think you're doing?!" He roars and goes for Joonmyeon who's on the floor. "Shut up!" He shoves him against a wall. The wolf cry of Joonmyeon is pitiful. Junhui pleads the other to stop but another beast enters, it's the wolf that always wanted him, he just picks him up from the floor and takes him out kicking and screaming.

They are fighting when the time stops and another wolf is heard. "It's Yifan!" It's what Joonmyeon thinks with a bloody lip. He can't howl anymore, but Junhui does it for him, a desperate cry for help, a message to his mate.

 

-----------------------------------

 

General Han hears his mate and speeds up his pace, he roars and howls in response. Junhui can smell the fear in his captor who is taking him away.

His captor makes a quick run to a small wooden house, dark and dirty. Junhui keeps kicking him and screaming and howling. The wolf takes him to the back of the house and opens a door on the floor.

"Don't you even think of trying to leave! He warns and throws him in. It's the boy who catches him. Junhui looks at him and at the two little pups he's got with him, they smell like him and the leader wolf. The children have tear-stained eyes and dirty faces.

 

-------------------------------------

 

"Alfa!" The wolf was back on the cell. "Alfa, leave him! We have to go!" The statement angered the leader who turned and growled at his pack member.

"You don't tell me what to do! We will take this one!" He grabbed Joonmyeon from the floor. Joonmyeon could feel something sliding through his legs. He was leaving a trace of blood mixed with something else. The pain had him numb.

"Please, my baby..." he breathed out.

He dragged him to the small house as well, they gathered their gear when they felt the steps and took in the scent of many wolves.

"Arrgg... bring the truck!"

"Alfa, Hyunchul and the children!"

" them all, this one is all I need!" The other man nodded and left.

The two remaining ones started to grab some things when they heard their packmate cry out, they smell blood and scent of other wolves. They tried to leave as well but an animal burst through the window, Jiaheng. Joonmyeon who was on the floor couldn't make a sound anymore, but he was glad.

 

--------------------------------

 

Jiaheng was finally face to face with those who hurt Suho. He wanted to kill, but it was his brother's call. Outside, General Han had the other wolf badly wounded.

"You won't escape! You can't!" He shouted.

Yifan walked in at that time with Chanyeol and Zitao, all of them ready to kill but Yifan then picked up the scent of Joonmyeon, his blood.

Hakyeon took his place as Alfa Mi entered the house.

 

--------------------------------

 

"Joon!" He ran to the pool of blood in which Joonmyeon was lying. "Yixing!" The alfa was terrified.

"Yi... fan... you came..."

"Of course... shhh... it'll be ok..." Joonmyeon was badly bruised and burning up.

"S-s-save... the b-b-baby..."

"You will both be okay... YIXING!" He was crying already.

The doctor came running to aid his packmates.

"Joonmyeonie, you are okay now." He said as he checked his stomach looking for the baby's vitals.

"Alfa, he has to give birth now."

"What? Here?"

"We don't have time to get to the hospital. Tell them to prepare the truck to go back as soon as the baby comes out." Yifan nodded. "Changmin hyung! Help me to take him to a room" The Great Alfa's son came to action.

 

--------------------------------------

 

"Joonie, can you hear me?" The patient nodded. "I'm going to have to ask you for a last favor, for your child, okay?" Okay. "You have to turn, you have to turn to push him out, it's the only way. I don't have the tools to open you up without killing you and we can't go to the hospital. Please, just one more effort."

There were many times in his life where he has been in physical pain, but this one was one of the worst. He almost died of pain from turning and then the labor pains were even worse.

Yixing could only cheer and try to not to get killed by the protective instinct of Joonmyeon's wolf. He could see the little pup coming out.

Outside, Yifan was howling and growling, the screams were making him crazy. Jiaheng and Luhan were trying to calm him down. Suddenly, the screams stopped. Yixing came through the door covered in blood and holding a blanket.

"Take Joonmyeon to the truck. We have to go, the pup is not breathing!"