Hard to Wait

Human and Wolf

Changmin's hands are sweating.

"Don't worry too much, they will say yes." His twin, Maxie, assures him.

"I don't know."

"Our fathers have never asked for anything in their lives, our Alfa's reign is succesful and made grandfather's land blossom. So, I think he will say yes... plus, you know this is a formality, our father has more power than grandfather." He sounds so technical, it's a bit scary when he speaks in such a soft voice. "What will you do if he says no?"

"I want to fight back, I don't really know if I will dare, but I'd like to think that I will leave with him if they say no." Maxie nods.

"If you want to do that, I will support you. I might be an omega, but I have my people." His twin smiles knowingly.

 

---------------------------

 

For normal people, people who are not the alfa son of the Great Alfa, mating is a mixture of desire, animal instincts and love. But Changmin is not one of those people, he is the alfa heir of an amazing amount of land, resources and people; his mating is a state matter. He never really had romantic ideas about mating, even if his parents are romantic people who show their love for one another all the time, he thought his mating was just going to be what it would be. However, his mind changed when he first laid eyes on Hyunchul. Dirty, ill, pregnant Hyunchul.

 

------------------------------

 

As he promised, Changmin and his family took Hyunchul and the kids with them. It turned out that Hyunchul was the son of the Alfa of the coast, he said that his mate killed his father and started his mad quest; to leave the lands alfa-less. 

Yunho's army and other warriors went to the territory and found the alfa, actually alive, but very ill and wounded. The help was instant. Yunho intervened over the land and let a group of his men run the town and help the people to stand up. 

The coast's alfa wasn't much older than Yunho but he looked ages older. Yunho and Jaejoong brought him back to the city, to the big hospitals and the doctors. 

The kids and Hyunchul stayed in the city too and the more they stayed, the more Changmin fell for them, all of them.

At first, he wanted to deny it because it's too much trouble; a pregnant omega with two other kids and with a former mate that was a psycho. One side of his brain was telling him this, but the other side kept pointing out what a great father Hyunchul was, had been all this time, how sweet he was, what a gentle son he was. How beautiful he was there, back then, at that house even if he was dirty and pure skin and bones.

And also the kids, how they've gotten attached to Changmin and the rest of his family. How innocent they were and also, how much he felt they were his. It was really crazy, but that was his first feeling.

How come he can think that those children were his, that he has a right to claim them. That day after they found them, he actually scent marked them. Everyone, including himself, thought that it was just a measure to protect them during the trip. But after some time passed by, he realised that it wasn't just an instinct to protect the weaker, it was something else.

When he finally gathered the courage to tell this to Hyunchul, he didn't reject him directly, but told him that it was better if they both forget about whatever they were feeling, that he couldn't betray Changmin's family and that choosing a mate like him wasn't proper for an alfa as powerful as Changmin.

But neither of them could forget and after two months of Hyunchul going back to the coast with his father and the kids, Changmin felt like dying. His parents' confronted him and he spoke the truth, and he was surprised when his parents encouraged him to go to the coast and ask for Hyunchul's hand from his father. 

It took about four hours for Changmin to prepare for the trip to the coast, by the evening, and after two hours of his arrival, he was engaged to Hyunchul.

 

----------------------------

 

Everything was great, but there were more people that needed to approve of this union, so here he was waiting for their ruling. 

His fathers were both inside his alfa grandparents' chambers, his omega grandparents' were also there, so were the couselors of all the lands at discussion. They had been there for what, an hour? 

The door finally opens and an overly excited grandmother bursts out of the chamber.

"Awww, I can't believe my first grandson is already mating." She says with tears in her eyes as she hugs Changmin. 

He can't believe it either, all of them come out of the room to congratulate him. He can't wait for mating season to start.