Chapter 09

Will fate bring us back to each other?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah Park Chanyeol, what do you think you’re doing? You’re quitting university? Are you crazy?” Baekhyun threw his anger at best friend right away when he entered the coffee shop where Chanyeol was currently working.

“I am busy right now Baek.” Chanyeol tried to avoid his best friend anger.

“No bull on me, Park Chanyeol. Tell me why!!!” Baekhyun didn’t care about surrounding. He just wanted explanation from his best friend.

Knowing his childhood friend better than anyone else, Chanyeol dragged Baekhyun towards the backroom of the shop to avoid any scene in the middle of the coffee shop. He has expected his best friend to get angry with him after he found out his decision. But Chanyeol has his own reason for doing it.

“Baekkie, please listen to me, ok?” Chanyeol tried to calm his best friend down from exploding more. “I have my own reason, ok? I had thought about it through before I came to the decision of quitting from the university.”

“What? What could be the reason, Chanyeol? Everything is alright now, aren’t they? You manage jobs and school very well, then why? I know how hard you work your out for the aiding fee for university, then why quit in the middle? All your hard works are going to be tossed away in one decision?” Baekhyun was in the edge of tears, feeling sad for his best friend. He knows. He knows how hard Chanyeol works for getting the aiding fee in the university. He knows how hard Chanyeol fight for that spot. He also knows how much Chanyeol likes to study and to be able to graduate to get better job in the future.

“I know, Baek. I know. I don’t want to, but I have other important thing which made me to take the decision.” Chanyeol defended himself.

“What? What is it?” Baekhyun shouted back at his best friend.

“My grandma, Baek! My grandma is more important to me than everything else in the world!” Chanyeol finally exploded out.

“What’s wrong with grandma, yeol?” Baekhyun suddenly got worried about the grandmother. “Yeol, something’s happened to grandma?”

And that’s when Chanyeol broke down in his knees, “She’s dying Baek and I can’t do anything to help her. I am such a failure grandson, Baek.”

Hearing Chanyeol confession made Baekhyun broke down in vulnerable state as well. He has already known that this day would come sooner or later, but he just not ready to face it yet. Chanyeol grandmother has been having lung disease for two years also. He understands how Chanyeol must be feeling because he feels the same. He feels so powerless in helping lessen for the grandmother. Because of the age of grandmother, the doctor couldn’t do any surgery for which means she would only depend on medicine for her life.

But eventually, medicine will stop its functioning too; and that would be mean bad news. Without medicine, grandmother would not survive anymore. Without medicine, all they can do is only to wait until death come to take the grandmother away from her grandsons.

“I can’t, Baek. I have to be by her side. She needs me more than ever.” Hearing Chanyeol vulnerable voice was enough to make Baekhyun melt all the anger and questions he had just about minutes ago. “I’m scared, Baek. I’m scared she will leave me soon.”

“I will be by your side, Yeol. Always...”

 

“Chanyeol’s grandmother is in the hospital? Why there isn’t anyone telling us about it?” Luhan was a bit angry when he heard the news from Minseok who just received the news hours before.

“Heard that his grandmother has been having problems with her lung and she’s dying.” Minseok said.

“Poor Chanyeol. He must be broken down. His grandmother is the only one he has left.” Luhan feel sad for the younger.

“We should go support him, you know?” Minseok said which agreed right away by Luhan. “I’ll call the others to meet up there.”

It wasn’t long after when ten boys arrived at the hospital and walked straight away to the room where Chanyeol grandmother was. Baekhyun was there; he has never left Chanyeol and his grandmother side since she was admitted to the hospital.

“Chanyeol...” all ten of them was almost in tears, feeling for Chanyeol sadness. They know there’s nothing they can do to help but standing by their friend’s side.

“Thanks for coming guys. I really...” Chanyeol hasn’t finished his gratitude when he noticed his grandmothers has woken up from her nap and looked at the boys confusedly. “Grandma, you’re awake? Do you need anything? They’re my friends and they’re here to visit you, grandma.”

The grandmother looked at the boy before her eyes landed on one of them in particular which made her eyes went widen. She’s almost got up from her bed to him as she reached her hand out to him. Every pair of eyes turned to look at Kris in particular with confusion.

Kris was too taken back at the sudden hand reaching out for him. Reaching out for the hand of older, Kris walked closer to the grandmother who still couldn’t keep her eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter