Chapter 03

Will fate bring us back to each other?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Mom! Mom! Oh My God! Mom!” 18 years old Tao ran inside the flower shop excitedly with an envelope in his hand. “Mom!”

“What is it Zi Tao?” Mrs Huang that was busy tending with the flowers chuckled seeing the exciting son of hers.

“Mom! I got the scholarship to Seoul!” Tao exclaimed too happily to notice the shock expression on his mother’s face. “Mom...!?” Tao was confused when his mother just walked away from him without congratulate him or even smiled back at him.

“You’re not going to Seoul Zi Tao.”

His mother cold voice stunned at him at spot. Here he was thinking that his mother will be happy for him for getting the scholarship to study abroad. Everybody in the family know how much he wanted to study abroad; although it’s not the Japan scholarship he has been aiming at, but study in Korea is not a bad idea, right?

“But... But...” He wanted to protest but he’s too shocked to say anything.

“No but, Huang Zi Tao! Now, go back to your room, change your clothes, and help me in the shop.”

Tao wanted to protest, wanted to rebel, wanted to shout out the unfairness, but in the end, he just obediently followed what his mother said. He was almost cried as he looked at the paper in his hand. He was happy a while ago, thinking of how to celebrate the big news with his family; his mom and dad, and also his elder sister that currently studying in the capital city, Beijing. He was happy to able to get the chance to study abroad; to fulfil his dream. But seems like, everything will go to waste already.

 

“Honey, do you think we’re too harsh on him?” Mr Huang asked his wife once they’re alone in their room. His wife has already told him beforehand about the news of his son. She wanted him to cooperate with her for not agreeing of letting their son to go Seoul.

“But I can’t let him go to Seoul. He can go anywhere he wanted, why Seoul? Why it has to be that country?” Mrs Huang was frustrated. She felt guilty for being too harsh on her only son, but she has her own reason to do that.

“You know Tao. He has been wishing to study overboard like forever. And he finally got the chance and we just shut him off like that. I feel so bad of myself for doing that to him.” Mr Huang confessed out to his wife. Instead of feeling guilty, he was more feeling useless for not able to provide his family with better life.

Mr Huang works for government with small salary while his wife has her own small florist shop. His daughter is right now studying in Beijing National University with full scholarship while the youngest son Tao is currently living with them.

“Maybe... Maybe we should just let him go, honey.” Mr Huang words shocked his wife as she stared unbelievably a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter