Chapter 06

Will fate bring us back to each other?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

KRIS POV

I was right now standing in front of a rice cake shop in the side of Seoul busy street. I looked back at the name card name in my hand; the name card my adopted parents gave me. It’s right; this is the address written in the name card, but seems like the adoption centre has disappeared and changed into this ‘Kim Rice Cake Shop’ right in front of me.

I was standing in front of the rice cake shop for a while until I sighed and decided to walk away when the door of the shop revealed opened. Some customers walked out of the rice cake shop, that’s when I heard my name being called.

“Kris...?”

I looked towards the source of voice which came from the front door of the rice cake shop. I remembered that boy as one of Luhan’s soccer teammates; Luhan introduced him to me; Kim Minseok.

“You are Kris, right? What are you doing here?” He smiled at me.

I smiled back at him, “I was just wondering around.” I lied.

“Come in, want to try our family’s rice cake?” He offered.

His family? So, this rice cake shops belongs to his family? Well, maybe he would know something about the adoption centre? “Alright.” I answered him immediately as I entered the rice cake shop. Minseok led me to the table. I noticed there weren’t too many customers inside in this period of time.

“I’ll get you our best dishes.” Minseok smiled widely at me before he left to prepare for me. It wasn’t long after he has come back with a tray of delicious rice cake and some other side dishes. “Here you go. Hope you enjoy.”

“Thanks.” I thanked him as I started to eat the food in front of me. It looked delicious as my stomach started to grumble in the same time. Looks like I must buy another portion for Yi Xing. He will sure kill me if he knew I went out to eat delicious food without him.

After I was done with the meal, Minseok came back to check on me. “It’s very good. I am so full right now.” I said to Minseok.

“Good to hear that.” Minseok smiled back at me. “Is there anything else you would like to have?”

“Actually, I do.” I answered him.

“What?”

“Minseok, can I ask you a question?” I saw Minseok nodded his head confusedly at me. “You said this rice cake shop belongs to your family, right? Before your family own this shop, it used to be an adoption centre, right?”

I looked at him impatiently for his answer, but Minseok just looked more confused at me. “I don’t really know. Our family has own this rice cake shop for almost 15 years. It has always been rice cake shop for all I remembered.”

Minseok answer really disappointed me. I thought I am almost close to find out about the adoption centre. Look like I’m stuck.

Sensing the great disappointment in me, Minseok looked guilty as he spoke up, “You know, maybe I can ask my mother about it.”

“Really?” A rope of hopefulness lightened up on my face immediately as I looked at him, “You’re willing to help me? Thank you so much. It’s really important to me.”

“No problem.” Minseok smiled back at me. “I’ll get my mother for you.”

 

MRS KIM POV

I was busy myself on the kitchen when my eldest son approached me. “What is it, Minseok?” I asked him. He looked impatient.

“Mom! I have a friend there, wanting to know if there was an adoption centre before we own this rice cake shop.”

Honestly, his question stunned me. Adoption centre? But... it was 15 years ago, who would have wanted to know about it? “Who is your friend, son? Why he wanted to know?”

“I don’t know. He said it’s important to him. He’s a friend of mine. He’s from China.”

“China?” I was shocked again. I looked at my son. “Where is this friend of yours?” Minseok told the number of the table he’s occupying as I decided to walk to his friend myself. “Help me take care of the food, ok?” I asked my son who nodded his head while I headed out of the kitchen.

I easily found the young man who was sitting alone in the table Minseok told me. One look at the young man made me feel like I’ve seen him before. His face is so familiar to me, but I couldn’t think of who he resembles.

Seeing me, the young man immediately stood up and bowed to me in respect. This young man has such manner, although I can tell he’s definitely foreigner. “Ah, you must be the friend of my son he’s telling me about.” I greeted him back as I took the seat in front of him. “I heard from my son, may I know why y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter