Chapter 07

Will fate bring us back to each other?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

TAO POV

I could only sigh watching how the Zhang brothers quarrel at each other again. Yi Fan Ge was currently scolding his younger brother for eating so carelessly which caused the stomach ache. Yi Xing was defending himself by saying that he’s not careless and he can take care of himself.

Stupid Yi Xing! Couldn’t he just let it go and let his elder brother worry for him? Everybody with eyes can see how much Yi Fan Ge cares for Yi Xing; Yi Xing is so lucky to have such an elder brother. Couldn’t he just let it go for his elder brother to win this time? Yi Fan Ge even ran back in rush to get him medicine for his stomach ache that he doesn’t even have time to rest yet, and immediately checked on his brother right after he came back home.

Looking at Yi Fan Ge love for his brother makes me jealous. How I wish I could have an elder brother like Yi Fan Ge. I am the only son of the family so my father has taught me strictly since young. I learnt kungfu and taekwondo since young. I have the responsibility to protect my father, mother, and elder sister. Since young age, every time I saw my friends being protected by their elder brother, I was jealous. I don’t have an elder brother to protect me but my own self. Sometimes, I was the one who has to protect my elder sister.

I don’t say that having an elder sister is not good thing; it’s just sometimes it’s good to feel being protected by someone; it’s like the feeling of being loved and cared. But I know I wouldn’t have that. I have learnt to accept the fact since long time ago.

“I can’t believe I have a younger brother like Zhang Yi Xing! It’s so depressing!” I snapped back from my own thought when I heard the complained from Yi Fan Ge who seemed had thrown himself on the couch beside me.

“I heard that, Zhang Yi Fan!” shouted Yi Xing from his bedroom. Damn! Yi Xing sure has sharp hearing.

“That’s the purpose of saying out loud!” Yi Fan purposely shouted louder. Witnessing the childish behaviour of them made me sadder; although they might bickers and teased each other a lot, but they actually cares and loves each other more than anyone else. That’s also something I never have. If only I could have what they have...

“Penny for your thoughts?” I snapped out of my thought again when I realized Yi Fan Ge was looking at me curiously.

I turned to look at elder. I don’t know why but every time I look into his eyes, it seemed like he can see through me; it’s like he has a magnet that made me unable to lie in front of him. I sighed as I admitted out, “I am jealous of Yi Xing.” I can see the raising eyebrows of Yi Fan Ge of confusion. I sighed again as I said, “I am the only son of the family. My dad has always been strict with me, he always tells me that I have to be strong to protect my family. I know it’s what I should do as the son of the family, but I have been a kid also. Every time I saw my friends who have his elder brother to protect them, I was always jealous. I don’t have anyone to protect me.” I paused a while before continued, “That’s why seeing how you two interact made me think back of my memories. Yi Xing is lucky to have you as his elder brother. I wish I can have one like you too, Ge.”

There, I said it. I poured out all my feelings that I have never told anyone about for years. It’s weird how it’s easy for me to open up in front of Yi Fan Ge. I didn’t dare to look at him to see his pity face on me. I hate to be pitied.

“You know, you would totally say the opposite once you were annoyed by an elder brother concern. Look at Yi Xing for example. He has been sick and tired of my nag at him.” I heard Yi Fan Ge chuckled to clear out the awkward atmosphere around. “Hey, is that mean you never see me as older than you? I am older than you which means I’m your older brother, aren’t I?”

I turned my head immediately to look at him surprisingly. What does he mean by his words? He sees me as his younger brother?

He seemed to be able to read my mind, “Zi Tao, let me be honest with you. You do know that I’m not the talking type of guy but I just want you to know that I has sincerely see you as my younger brother, just like Yi Xing. I don’t mind having another younger brother. I’ll be your elder brother you never have, how’s that?”

I was truly shocked by his words that left me speechless. He’s willing to be my elder brother? Really?

Without waiting any more seconds, I just nodded my head excitingly. Finally I have an elder brother!!!

I saw Yi Fan Ge smiled widely at me as he stood up from his seat, “Now, the first task you need to do as my official younger brother is help me on the kitchen. We need to make dinner.”

Hearing hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter