Unraveling of Times

Going Through

Their Love Story Part I

Flashback:

 

            In the middle of the night in the deserted corridor of the castle illuminated by the bright moon, two shadows are slowly walking out of a room, slowly closing the door careful not to make any sound. Stopping here and there, they walk towards the servants entry.

             “Princess, you do know you’re not allowed to go outside of the room at this time and you’re here going out of the palace!! Your father will go berserk if he finds out!” A pretty young lady worriedly said to another pretty girl in a hushed tone. Worry and exasperation for the princess is visible in her face.

            “Shhh my dear.. My father will never find out about this unless you tell him! But

I’m sure you’re not going to do that because you love me that much!”

            “Aigoo if your father will find out about this, you will receive a very big punishment and my head will be chopped off!”

            “That will definitely not happen! I won’t let it. And you don’t have to worry, my dear. I will just be in the forest which is just a few steps errmm meters away from here! That area is still part of our kingdom and I’m sure nobody will dare trespass on our land! And besides,I can’t let this beautiful night pass without seeing the cherry trees. I am sure the moonlight has made their beauty much more..unearthly” The princess said dreamily.

            The servant girl just shook her head. She has been with the princess since they were both kids and she know that once the princess sets something in her mind, she will do anything to achieve it. A truly admirable character for a woman but sometimes a worrisome character as well.

            Ever since the princess has discovered a circle of cherry trees in the forest, she has never missed a week going to the place. Whenever she want some solitude, to vent off her anger or just to get away from the castle she goes there.

            “The only place where I feel that it is just me and not the princess that everyone is talking about.” She once said.

            The servant girl understood the predicament of the princess, with the upcoming alliance with another kingdom through the marriage of the princess and the prince from the other kingdom, she knows the dilemma and the pressure the princess is facing.

            “My princess, just please be here before your father’s servants are awake!” The servant girl slowly opened the gates that is the servant’s entrance. Slowly easing out the heavy lock from it’s place.

            “I will be here. Go and get some sleep. I will just wake you up when I come back.” The princess slowly said while fixing the dark cloak around her. Her princess dress is replaced by a simple hanbok color blue, her favorite clothes when going to her secret place.

            “Sleep? What sleep are you talking? I’ll be waiting for you here at the gates until you come back you bad princess! Go now before I change my mind and drag you back to you room! ” The servant smilingly said.

            “Alright, see you in a few hours my dear!”

           

After making sure that no guards is visible, the princess hurriedly ran towards the forest. The forest is just located at the back of the castle which is very convenient for the princess for this midnight adventure and also convenient as an escape route for the royal family in times of danger.

            The princess jumped over big tree roots and ducked below low hanging branch. The princess has already memorized the twists and turns of the forest like the back of her had. After coming to the same spot for a few months, she knows the roots and branches to avoid and the different path towards her place. With her agile legs and with the moon shining so bright to her path, she finally reached her secret place.

In the middle of the forest, hidden from the eyes of other wanderers a number of cherry trees that has grown big through time formed an almost perfect circle. Big branches that are covered with pink cherry blossoms swayed softly in the wind. The light from the moon gave the trees a look of mystery and elegance.

            The princess walked towards the clearing in the middle the circle. She looked up at the sky and turned around. A smile dancing in her beautiful face and with the moon shining down on her brown eyes, smooth skin and long brown hair even the beauty of the cherry blossoms is outshined by her beauty.

            The princess took off her shoes. Smooth and white feet stepped on the soft grass tickling her feet as she walked around the clearing. Once in a while a giggle is heard from her, enjoying the feeling of being alone and free in the small clearing. She turned around, hopped, danced around the clearing while humming a random tune.

 

 

 

 

            A soft giggle woke him up from his slumber. Another giggle from a girl made him smile like a five year old boy. He’s been waiting for a few hours already hoping and waiting that the girl will come to this place. Ensuring that he is still hidden, he took a peek to the girl below. She was twirling around the clearing and making weird moves which he assumed is dancing. He can’t help but grin and feel giddy all over again. Her beauty is just so amazing that his poor heart beats fifty times faster than normal. Like a five year old boy, he shyly hid himself again behind the big cherry branch and looked up at the moon, thinking how lucky he is to see such beauty.

            It was an accident that he stumbled upon the circle of cherries. He’s dog has been wondering around the forest one afternoon when he saw the cherries and got captivated by its beauty. The soft albeit chilling wind blowing and the long walk made him tired and sleepy. So he climbed up one of the low hanging branch and safely settled to sleep. It was already dusk when he woke up and was about to climbed down the tree when he first saw the girl and from then on, it has been one of his habits to drop by the same cherry tree hoping that the girl will come again.

            However, this night is different. He can feel it in the air and in his self. This is the night that he planned to make his presence noticed and maybe profess his undying love errmm his desire to befriend her.

            “Befriend her. Yeah, that’s right. “He thought. He can’t stop grinning. He feels giddy and butterflies are flying in his stomach. He stole a peek again from the girl below before and readied himself for his grand entrance as he call likes to call it.

 

           

            Still engrossed with her random thoughts, the princess failed to notice a dark figure slowly climbing down from one of the cherry tree until

 

            CRACKKK!!!!!!!!

 

The princess turned around just in time to see a thin branch broke away from the trunk and see the surprised face of a man falling down.

 

            “”I am awesome… awesomely pathetic” The stranger thought as felt himself falling.

 

With a surprise yelp the princess turned around and started to run to the opposite direction, afraid of the stranger who fell down. However, her conscience which caught up with her stopped her from running far. With a sigh, she went back to the place where the man fell down. She took a step and sure enough the man is sprawled on his back with the thin branch beneath him.

           

“Is he dead?” The princess mumbled

“I hope I am.” The stranger replied softly. Wincing slightly when he moved his left arm.

“Omo!”

The man tried to get up but his back is hurting so much from the fall.

“Aisshhttt.. What the heck is this. “ The stranger replied exasperatedly, pain is visible in his face. He tried to sit up but the sudden pain on his back made it impossible for him. He collapsed back to the soft grass.

“Don’t sit up yet. Rest for a while. Your back might be badly hurt from the fall.” The princess went closer to the stranger and stopped him from trying to sit up again. However, the stranger pushed himself up and with the help of the princess, he leaned back on the tree where he fell down.Although there are some tears on his black yukata, he look fine and healthy. The princess took away some stray cherry blossoms from the stranger’s hair, she can’t help but notice how soft his hair feels on her touch.

“I’m sorry about this. You don’t need to fuss over me. How troublesome this is for you.”

"It is okay, stranger. You could have died by that fall!"

The stranger can't help but chuckle about the girl. Her kindness towards a stranger like him touched him. Unaccostumed to such kindness reached out and took her hand to stop her from what she’s doing.

When his hand touched the girls arm, a warm feeling spread out through their bodies. The princess gasped, surprised by his actions and the effect it had on her. She looked down at him intending to scold him of his bold actions however, the moment their eyes met, silence engulfed them..

 

BA-DUMP….

 

BA-DUMP…

 

BA-DUMP….

 

BA-DUMP…

 

 

The princess felt her heart beat wildly. She can hear her heart go fast in a matter of second. A blush slowly blossoming to her cheeks. She looked away from his mesmerizing eyes hoping that he did not notice her blush or how she stared on his eyes.

“Ermm.… thank you for the concern. Hehehehe never thought the branch will break. Hehehehe I’m sorry if I disturbed your night.” The stranger slowly let go of the girl’s hand and scratched his nape trying to hide the awkwardness around them.

“I-it’s alright……..” The girl looked up the tree and tried to hide her still blushing cheeks.

 A few moments of silence passed. She suddenly looked back to him, realization and anger pasted on her face.

” What were you doing up on the tree? Were you spying on me? Were you sent by my father?” She rapidly asked. Fist on both her side, she is ready to attack the stranger in fron of her.

The sudden change of attitude from the princess surprised the stranger.

“A-A-Aniyo! I-I was , I was hoping to see you here again” The stranger replied shyly.

“eh?” 

The princess blushed again after hearing the strangers reply. Somehow, in a weird reason she can't explain, she feels comfortable talking with the stranger and feels safe in his presence.

A soft wind blew through the trees making a soft rain of cherry blossoms on the man and woman. The light from the moon illuminated each others faces as they gaze on each other.

“Let me introduce myself.” The guy started. He sat up properly and looked at the girl's eyes.

“My name is Kwon Jiyong and I come from Japan.” A single cherry petal fell on the princess’s cheeks.

” Will you give me the honor of knowing your name?” Jiyong reached out and took the petal from her cheeks making the princess softly gasp from his actions.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N

ohoiii surprise!

i'm still alive! wohoooooo

as usual, please forgive me if it has been forever since my last update. T_T

and forgive me for my eye-bleed inducing grammar and spellings.. (point out to me my wrong grammars? PM me maybe? wehehehhe)

 

so the story is sooo slow.. @_@

should i do it faster? what do you think?

comments! i'd love to hear anything from you!

and thank you for subscribing! awesome! i love you all!

thank you for reading my crappy attempt at writing.. till then!!

take care always!!