Rustle

Going Through

"Dara-unnie, why are you wearing a turtle neck shirt in the middle of summer? Don't you feel a bit hot?" Chaerin asked the now relaxed Dara (seeking medical help was completely forgotten)

            "Aigoo Chaerin-ah, a cockroach bit me and it looked horrible. I want to hide it." she replied.

            "A cockroach bit you? Omona, your place must be really dirty! Let me see it, I might have an ointment here in my bag" Bom exclaimed while Minzy burst out laughing.

            "Huwat?? my place is not dirty!" Dara retorted scrunching up her nose.

            "Whatever, let's go to the comfort room. Common, hurry up Dara!!"

            "Yes, master Bom!! Minzy-ah stop laughing, come with us!"

            "wahahaha I can't help it.. aigoo wahahahaha"

            Four girls entered the comfort room at the third floor building of the Business department. Since there are a few people in the building they were able to monopolize the usage of the whole comfort room.

            " Take your shirt off, dara-unnie"

            " You're not getting y on me, right Chaerin-ah? "

            PAK!! *that was CL*

            "ouch that hurts!!! don't hit my small arms!!aigoo, wait a bit CL"

            Another round of laughter erupted from the silent maknae

            "Eh? are you sure a cockroach bit you, Dara?" Bom asked after looking at the red spot

            "Yup, why?"

            "It doesn't looks like a cockroach bit you. Is this your first "cockroach" bite?" Bom asked, making a quote hand sign on the cockroach part.

            "Yes it is. Why, is there something wrong?.....  Wait, if it's not a cockroach bite then what is it??? OMG don't tell me it's a really big bed bug? WAAAAA I don't want to burn my bed sheets! It's all new!"

            PAK!! *Bom.. again*

            "WAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA"

            "Minzy-ah, please rescue me from Bom" Dara pleaded on the laughing maknae. Minzy just ignored her and continued her laughing spree.

            "Neh Bom, if it's not from a cockroach then what is this red mark then?" Dara curiously asked.

            "Do you have a boyfriend?" Bom asked instead.

            "Nope"

            "How about before?" CL inquired.

            "None. Not a single boyfriend past or present"Dara replied

            "Really?? This red thing ain't a cockroach bite, Dara"

            "What is it Bom?"

            "It's a hickey. You seriously don't know what a hickey looks like? tsk tsk tsk"

            "WHAAAAT?????" Dara, CL and Minzy exclaimed.

            "Unnie, did you just spend a night with a stranger and you didn’t know it? wow, amazing! kekekeke" Minzy sniggered

            "Yah, dongsaeng! How can you think of that to your unnie!"

            "Sheesh Dara-unnie, I did not know you're keeping a guy. AND you did not even tell us about it. Unbelievable!!"

            "Oh no CL-roo! I am not keeping a guy."

            "Then who gave this to you?" Bom asked staring at the now flushed Dara.

            "I don't know, I went straight home ALONE last night and slept ALONE on my bed like a baby" Dara replied emphasizing on the word alone "So therefore I conclude a really big bed bug bit me while I was sleeping! Aishtt I need to burn my new sheets.."

PAK!!! PAK!! PAK!! *that’s Bom, CL and Minzy.. in that order*

 

Dara:

            I’m already on my third month  at the university and so far, everything is going normal. Classes to attend, teachers and classmates to meet, a barrage of research works, reports and assignments, very normal stuff for a student. No more “bug bite” for me and I have finally convinced my three friends that it is a really big bed bug bite(I think). A hickey? Heck no, I will hang myself to death if that happened to me without me knowing it. Psh.. I don’t even have a boyfriend… yet.. Moreover, my primary focus is my studies I don’t have time for silly thoughts like that. nyahahahha

            “Tee gee I Efff!!! I love Fridays! ” I screamed at the top of my lungs as I entered my place. After a long tiring day at school, nothing beats the relaxation of coming to the place I now call home.

            “Hello room! How are you???” I asked my room like an old friend.

            “Wassup weird painting! Anything normal happened to you? Muwahahahahaha” I can’t help but laugh at my silliness. I went to my bed rolled a few time on it. I really miss my bed. I smiled again while looking at my ceiling.

            “Funny.”  A manly voice suddenly spoke out of nowhere.

 

Narrator:

            Dara sat up alarmed after she heard the voice. She looked around the room trying to see if there is a man inside. She went to the small window and peeked outside hoping to see the gardener outside but there was none.

            “Must be my imagination” she mumbled. She doubled check the lock on the window and door before going back to her bed erasing the weird experience from her mind.

She was fiddling with her mobile phone when she heard soft strumming of guitar coming from inside the room. She tried to sit up but it seems that her body is glued to the bed. Her hands and feet fell limply as the soft melodic sound of guitar went louder in the silent room. Her eyelids became heavy as sleep is creeping up on her. Dara tried to fight the sleepiness and drowsiness but her efforts are futile compared to the effects of the music on her.

She tried to look around her room hoping to see the source of music that’s making her very sleepy but found nothing, the music still continued playing. She can feel herself giving in to sleep but with the last ounce of strength she could muster she opened her eyes. With half opend and blurred sight, she saw a shape of a man walking towards her.

            “Wh-who are you?” Dara asked with voice barely heard and eyes already closed.

            “Kwon Jiyong, my butterfly” She heard the man replied and felt him caress her cheeks before she drifted to dreamland.