Glimpses

Going Through

Friday night. Dara’s University. Halloween Ball

            “Aigoo Bommie good thing I listened to you! This costumes are daebak!! We look awesome!!”Dara exclaimed. The four of them, CL, Minzy, Dara and Bom are huddled in front of the university gymnasium doing some last minute check on their costume. CL is wearing a yellow kimono with a variety of small trees printed on the hem. Minzy is on a bright blue kimono with small dragonfly design all over, while Bom is on a bright green kimono with printed persimmon fruits. They all paired it with a red obi to have something in common with each other.

            “Of course SSantoki! Don’t you trust me?” Bom exclaimed. They all laughed. Everyone is on a festive mood and excited about the Halloween Ball. Dara’s encounter with the mysterious man has been forgotten as she slept a deep and dreamless sleep.

 

            “Good evening students and welcome to the University Ball!!!”

  Excited scream and applause from students can be heard all over the gymnasium as the university president officially started the ball.

 “As your university president, I now officially open this Halloween Ball! Enjoy and may you have a spooky night!! Woooooo” Another round of excited screams, clapping and laughter erupted inside the gymnasium as the opening speech was finished.

“Our president is weird.” CL murmured to Bom

“Weird is an understatement, haven’t you heard that he sometimes talks to the wall as if he’s talking to a person?” Minzy replied. The four of them were in the corner of the gymnasium, observing everyone with nonchalant expressions

“Really? Are you sure he’s sane? Maybe he needs to be checked with the mental hospital people! “ Dara looked at Minzy

“Look who’s talking! If the president needs to be checked with the mental hospital people, you, my dear Sandara Park needs to be locked in the mental hospital!” Bom exclaimed

“Hul!!!!” Dara replied “shocked and heartbroken”. The two maknaes snickered at the craziness of their unnies.

“Hey, let’s go out and mingle with all these creatures!” Minzy said.

Lots of different entities and monsters walked around the gymnasium. Frankenstien, mummy, fairies, vampires, bloody nurses, headless priests and so much more. Students from the Art Department decided to dress themselves as zombies complete with oozing blood, dangling limbs and tattered clothes. Law majors decided to dress up as elite vampires and some in owl costume. Could be their way of mocking their own nightly studies at the library. Some decided just to don a garbage plastic bag on top of their clothes, while others dressed up as their teachers.

The night is filled with loud music coming from the massive speakers spread all around the gymnasium , loud shrieks from surprised students who fell in the pranks of some students and the undeniable buzz of chattering from students as they mingle with each other.

Dara was talking to a student dressed as a rabbit when she saw a man looking at her. He is standing near one of the speakers with his hands behind his back. He’s wearing a black kimono making him look more mysterious. Dara decided to ignore the man thinking that he might not be looking at her but at someone behind her. She excused herself from the bunny and decided to look around to look for a vacant seat and continued to observe. It was a bit later when she realized that there is something really familiar with the guy. She is sure that she has seen him somewhere. Dara was still thinking deeply about the mysterious man when CL approached her.

“Unnie, are you tired? Should we go home now?”

“No, Cl-roo, I am just taking a break, my feet are killing me. Aren’t your feet killing you as well?” Dara replied

“Not really, I took off my geta (footwear worn by geishas) awhile ago. Kekekekekeke”

“Really? Why haven’t I thought of that. Tsk tsk tsk tsk come, sit with me. It’s lonely sitting here by myself. Where’s Bom and Minzy?”

“Bom is talking to a Hwang-ja, while Minzy has been smitten with a vampire. They totally forgot about me!” Cl replied animatedly

“Aigoo, Cl-roo, don’t worry, before the night ends we’ll find a monster for you! Wahahahahaha”          

“Unniiiieeee!!” Cl shrieked.

            The two were having a laughing marathon when Cl noticed the Kimono man looking at Dara.

“Hey unnie, that guy over there has been looking at you for a while now.” Cl discreetly pointed at the man.

“Don’t mind him, he might be looking at someone else.”

            “Nah, I don’t think so, I’ve been observing him for awhile. Thank goodness he’s good looking or I’d say he’s a bit creepy!”

            “Discriminating aren’t we Cl-roo? Wahahahhahahahaha” Dara laughed again

            “Oh, shut up unnie, he might be your first boyfriend and look, you’re both wearing the same concept on constume!!”

            “As if I’m the only one wearing the same concept on costume, look at you, you’re wearing a kimono as well!!!”

“Shuuushh unnie,I’ll give him a chance to make his moves, bye!” Cl rises up from her chair.

            “Cl-roo, don’t leave me! I’m afraid!” Dara held Cl’s sleeves tightly.

            “Aiggo unnie, this is the reason why you can’t get a boyfriend! See you around!” Cl walked out and got lost in the sea of monsters on the dance floor.

            “Tsk this bad maknae, why did she leave me here? Aigoo” Dara muttered to herself.

            “Excuse me, may I take this seat?”

            “Eh?” Dara looked up and met the man’s captivating brown eyes. He was leaning a bit to closer to her to be heard above the music, he’s black kimono accentuating the brownness of his eyes. When their eyes met, Dara felt as if everything disappeared but him. She felt the calm effect of soft wind blowing with the sakuras falling around them. Warm rays of afternoon sun caressed his face making him more handsome and when he smiled, Dara felt her heart stopped. Felt that tingly feeling running from her toes to her hands.

            “Will it be okay to take this seat?” The Kimono man asked again

As if pulled out from sleep, Dara heard the blaring music, saw the colorful lights and the milling student around the stadium. She blinked.

            “S-sure. No problem” She replied. The man smiled and sat down beside Dara’s seat.

Nothing but awkward silence can be heard between the two.

            “Aishht, why is he sitting here? There are a lot of vacant chairs around. Aishtt”

The man turned and faced the oblivious Dara who was busy talking to herself. He looked at her and smiled.

            “Hello” The man said. Dara looked at him but avoided those brown eyes. She’s afraid that she might get lost in her thoughts and feelings again.

            “Hi” Dara sheepishly replied.

            “My name is Kwon Jiyong. What is your name?” Jiyong mysteriously smiled.

            “Sandara Park, but you can call me Dara” She replied.

            “What a lovely name. Fit for a beautiful butterfly like you.”

            “Thanks” Dara smiled. A feeling of familiarity washed over Dara as she heard the word butterfly from Jiyong’s lips.

            Jiyong looked deep at Dara’s eyes, he can’t hide his happiness and excitement in his eyes. Dara looked anywhere but at Jiyong’s face. Her eyes roamed around the gymnasium looking for someone she knows and maybe to get away from Jiyong.

Dara’s eyes lit up as she saw one of her classmate Taeyang dressed up as a zombified motor racer.

            “Hey Jiyong, I gotta go. Bye!” Dara hurriedly stood up and went to Taeyang who is  excited to see her.

            “I’ve been waiting a long time to talk to you again, my butterfly.” Jiyong added gently as he watched Dara being enveloped by Taeyang’s arms wishing it was him who is hugging Dara right now.

 

a.n

it's been a while lovelies!

i am sorry for not updating this ficcie for a long long long long time. 90 degrees bow

i hope you still remember this ficcie! wehehehehhe

thank you very much for reading this.

i apologize for the wrong grammars and wrong spellings. i'm a fail when it comes to those things. T_T

and to all the subscribers and commenters, you inspired me to continue this ficcie. weheheheh

thank you very much.