Reaching Out

Going Through

          

  It was half past 11 in the evening when Dara stumbled back to her room. She had a great night with her friends. The encounter with Jiyong was pushed back at the back of her mind. Too shy to admit even with herslef that what she felt when she met him was pure attraction to him.

 

After her encounter with him, she never met him nor see him again through out the night.

            “It’s not that I was looking for him, he just looked so mysterious and I can’t help but be curious about him.” Dara muttered to herself. Defending herself from her own thoughts.

            After struggling out from her clothes, Dara tiredly slumped on the bed.

            “ROOM SWEET ROOM! I MISS YOU!!!” Dara shouted at the top of her lungs while lying on her bed!

            “Forever young!! I wanna be forever young!!! Forever younnggg!!!”

Dara sang at the top of her lungs. She was stopped when she heard a knocking on the door. She looked at the peephole and was surprised to see Bom with a big bag and looking really upset.

 

Bom stormed inside the room as soon as the door was opened.

            “Bommie!!! Is there something wrong?”

            “Did you see that guy from the Halloween Ball? The one dressed as a hwangja?”

            “Errmm, I might have taken a glance at him, what’s with him?”

            “Well, that idiot followed me home and won’t go away unless I invited him inside!!!! He just keeps on knocking and knocking and saying stuff like I need to know you more!”

“Eh??????  ”

“And what’s more! He called me butterfly!”

That word again” Dara thought. She shaked her head “Maybe it was just a coincidence.” She said to herself.

“Yah, Dara! What are you thinking?”

            “Errmmm nothing…. Just thinking that maybe you promised him a little extra something that’s why he’s not going away.kekekekke.. If you know what I mean…” Dara gave Bom a teasing look.

            “Eh?” Bom tilted her head a little to the side, still processing what Dara said.                  .

            .

            .

            .

 

            “You! *smack* *smack* erted *smack* Ssantokki! How can you think that way!!!Grrr”

            “Ouch ouch!! That hurts! Wahahahahahahhaha I was not insinuating anything! wahahahahahah”

            “Aigoo you need a serious dose of grow some brain medication!! Seriously, he was creeping me out! Imagine him standing outside my door in full costume and talking all these nonsense stuff!!! And he won’t stop knocking on my door!!! Aishtt if the landlady is gonna kick me out, I swear I’ll tear his guts out!!” Bom finished with a slam of her hands in the wall.

            Dara took a step back from her friend. Pretending to look scared and ready to run at any minute but inside, she’s dying of laughter.

            “H-How did you manage to get out of you room, then?” Dara tried to changed to topic.

            “Errmm I used the fire escape stair on the window. Kekekekeke” Bom snickered

            “Does this mean he might still be outside your door waiting for you right now?”

            “Yup, maybe, but I don’t care! Tsk enough with this talk, I wanna sleep now!” Bom replied nonchalantly while walking towards Dara’s “bedroom”.

            “And who told you that you can sleep here?” Dara asked feigning a shocked look following Bom towards the bedroom.

            “Yah!!! What kind of dongsaeng are you? Lemme sleep here!” Bom turned around before  plopping herself together with her big bag on the bed.

            “Tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk , aigoo you’re acting like a really spoiled brat!” Dara said with a shake of her head . Bom smiled at her friend, though looking tired and beaten from the night’s activity she can still see the concern on Dara’s face for her. She can’t help but be touched by her friend’s actions. Though she know that Dara is a bit of an introvert, she was welcoming her inside her small place.

            “Thank you Ssantokki! Love you! Mwah!” Bom suddenly exclaimed making Dara jump a little.

            “Move over you corn-eater hamster! Give me some of the bed!!!!” Dara dived down to her bed, knocking Bom’s bag somewhere and which resulted to another smacking spree.

 

            Dara is awakened with  the sunlight shining in her face. She opened her eyes and is shocked to see herself not in her room but sitting in a garden with cherry trees in its entire pink splendor all around her. She looked around and can’t help but be amazed by the beauty of the small garden. The cherry trees formed a circle around the area where she’s standing giving the place a protective feeling for anyone. Different flowers grow around and inside the clearing, the smell of early spring wind drifted around making Dara close her eyes and savor the moment of peacefulness.

            “Hey Butterfly, have you been waiting long for me?”

Dara hurriedly opened her eyes, surprised when a man’s voice spoke out of nowhere. She saw a man standing not far from where she’s sitting. The light shines brightly at his face making his features unclear for her. She was supposed to ask him when a female voice answered.

            “Yah!! What took you so long again? “ An irritated voice asked.

            “I’m sorry, Mom wanted to talk about the festival and I can’t just ditch her, right?”

            Sigh… “Yeah, you’re right” Defeat is clearly visible on the girl’s voice. Dara is sure that she has heard the girl’s voice before as well as the man’s voice but she just doesn’t know to whom or where she had heard it.

            The rustle of the grass told her that man is walking towards her direction.
Dara looked at the hem of his clothes and slowly looked up to see his face.