Settle

Going Through

It was already 10 in the morning when Dara woke up. At first she just stared at the ceiling, trying to remember what happened yesterday. She was racking her brains off thinking about what happened yesterday or last night but it seems there’s none.

            *Think .. think.. think.. stare.. stare.. stare*

            Music. Sleepy. Man.

            Dara sat up and ran to the door checking if someone forced himself inside but she found it locked. Even the the window is locked. She went back to her bed and sat there staring into nothingness.

            “Was I dreaming all of those things?” she asked herself. Her logical mind said that the man, sleepy music and forced sleep does not happen in real life like those Harry Potter stuff , its only in the movies, she tries to convince herself. But her other mind is telling her that everything was real, the music, the man and the soft caress.

            “Real or dream. Real or dream” she kept on mumbling to herself as she walked towards her kitchen to fix her breakfast. Totally oblivious to the amused eyes that followed her around.

            *Ring.. Ring… Ring*

            “Good afternoon Bomtaro!!!!” Dara excitedly greeted her close friend

            “Yah Ssantokki! Let’s go shopping!”

            “What for?”

            “For the Halloween Ball. Don’t tell me you have forgotten about it?”

            “Eh? Halloween Ball?----- ahh the University Halloween Ball!!So??” Dara asked.

            “You’re not going??”

            “Nope.” Dara nonchalantly replied. Anything that is of non academic social event is out of the question for her. If there is no grade related to it and it can be avoided, then don’t expect seeing Dara on it.

            *Silence on the other line.. heavy breathing*

            “Yah Ssantokki!! If you’re not going to the ball, I’ll hunt your down and smash one of your little skull collection!!!” Bom shouted!!

            “Ouch ouch my ears!!!Bommaaa nooott my skull collection!! Okay okay, I’ll go to the ball. Sheesh..But I don’t have any money for shopping….. Wait, I have an extra white bed sheet here, I’ll just go as Sadako on the ball. No need  for shopping. Wohooo! Goodbye Bomma! See you at the ball!!!”

Dara hurriedly ended the call not giving Bom a chance to reply. She doesn’t have any extra money anymore. Well, she actually has money, quite a lot of it, the scholarship she got includes an allowance that’s a bit big compared to the usual scholarship allowance other scholarship give but she’s been eyeing a cute crystal skull on a store downtown and her goal is to get it before the month end, so  there should not be any “unnecessary” spending.

            “Sigh.. why do we need this ball  thingy?? Can we just study?” She kept on mumbling on herself.

            *Ding dong.. ding ding ding dong.. ding dong.. ding dong..*

“Coming!!!” Dara shouted as she ran to the door. It sounds like the person outside is planning to test the doorbell’s quality by pressing it a lot of times. Not bothering to check on the peephole, Dara opened the door and….

“PARK SSSSSANDARAAAAAA!!!!!!” A fire breathing Park Bom angrily shouted at the top of her lungs. 

 

Dara:

            We’ve been walking since this afternoon in the streets of Hongdae looking for the “perfect” as what Bom said, Halloween costume. This is supposed to be a costume party, why bother looking for a perfect outfit when you can just dress yourself like a mummy with tissue paper or be Sadako. Honestly, me going in Sadako costume is the best option and not to mention the cheapest option. Tsk tsk tsk if only Bom ain’t paying for my costume I wouldn’t go out of my place even if she’ll kill me.

            “Yah Bommie!! How long are we supposed to walk? How many more shops are we going to enter? I’m tired”

            “Stop whining Dara. I’m doing this for our own good. Aigoo.. I can’t let you go into the ball as Sadako.”

            “Why?? What’s wrong with Sadako? Her costume is easy to find. No need to go around the stores, in fact all I need is a black eyeshadow and black lipstick and viola I’m Sadako!!”

            “NO! I can’t let you do that. Cl is planning to be The Shutter girl and Minzy as The Grudge kid!!!!This ball is not a collaboration of revenge seeking ghosts!!!Aigoo I’m getting stressed”

            “Really?? That would be so cool!”

            “It’s not cool and you can stop imagining that scene. The four of us are going to go as Geishas!!”

            “Geishas?? What’s the difference with that? We will still be painting our faces white.”

            PAK!! Bom gave Dara a quick hit in the arm.

           “You crazy,Ssaanntokki!! Of course we’re not going to paint our faces white, we’ll do a bit of an innovation..*pause, looks around* At last a Kimono Shop, let’s go inside! ”

 

 

A/N

Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting, guys!

I'll work hard to post more chapters of this story and regular updates.

Thank you for the love!(commentss)

Hope you'll enjoy the ride with me. weeeeeeeeee