For: neverendingfairy

SHINee Secret Santa 2014
Please log in to read the full chapter
Prompt: Selene 6:23 - Key is the God of the Moon who appears every full moon while Jonghyun is a werewolf who hates full moon because every time it happens, he'll turn into a monster. Key descends to the Earth and falls in love with Jonghyun. Pairing: Jongkey

The Moon’s Cry

 

It was another full moon, Jonghyun growled as he swiftly moved across the vast arrays of trees, hurriedly running towards the familiar clearing he always frequent. From the deep inside him, he could already feel the familiar changes going on – changes that would only happen once the full moon is high on the sky and bathed him with its light. He desperately tried to suppress in the strong urges to howl as he picked his pace, the clearing now in sight.

The moment he stepped at the familiar patch of untouched land, he immediately bent over in pain. The rippling feel and pain of his bones compacting and changing taking over his senses and with one last final cry in pain, he hunched on the ground. Blinking tears of pain, he groggily stood up – noting that on his body, different patches of fur grew and there was a tail hanging just above his bum.

Almost instantly, all of his conscience ebbed away as his senses heightened and dominated his being. It was starting again, he thought, his sight darkened into a blurry red.

Yet again he was turning into something that he desperately hates.

The last thing he remembered was seeing nothing but red and the deafening sounds of different cries that he can only identify as terror.

It was night again; Kibum thought with glee as he stared down at the vast green below him, it was again his night. The best thing was it was a full moon – meaning his powers are at their highest and that means he can go down and roam the pastures of the earth.

“It’s your turn now Kibum,” a voice floated over his ears, followed by a yawn. He turned behind him as the tired form of Minho, the God of Sun, greeted him – offering a small smile. “I’m going to retire now.”

Kibum chuckled a little. “Thanks for your hard work.” Minho only waved it off, hurrying back to the castle were all the Gods lived in.

“Don’t forget to bring ear plugs; the werewolves are particularly loud tonight.” As if proving the Sun God’s point, a loud howl penetrated through the air, followed by a blood curling scream. Both Gods winced at that.

“Duly noted.” He cringed, earning a faraway laugh from his counterpart.

After making sure he packed everything and left nothing, Kibum slowly descended down on the earth – heart beating faster and faster in excitement as he neared the ground. A wide smile broke on his lips as his bare feet touched the soft grass, lightly tickling him when a soft cold breeze swept pass through where he was.

Whole body alight with excitement, the Moon God promptly ignored the different howls, screams and other blood curling sounds the night always produced as he took off for his own adventure.

It was nearing dawn, which means it was time for him to wake up. The coppery scent of blood hung highly in the air; it was the first thing Jonghyun noticed after he regained his consciousness.

No, not in the air – he corrected, staring back down on his body and noticed that he has yet to transform back to being a human. The scent was surrounding him, different patches of dried blood sticking to some of his fur. He could only sigh at this observation.

It was a sad thing really, that he was slowly somewhat getting used to such a thing after how many years of it continuously happening. He can only drag his body towards the lake at the clearing and wash it, watching with heavy guilt as the waters tinge pink when he touched it.

He wasn’t a believer, but he still found himself murmuring different prayers and pleads of forgiveness as he soaked his body in the still water – drops of salty tears rolling down on his face and falling unto the fresh water, joining along with the past ones he had shed.

He was getting sleepy, which means it was nearing dawn. Releasing a huge yawn, the Moon God slowly trudge back away from the human town he currently was and into the forest - preparing to go back up to the havens.

Ignoring the different arrays of bloody dead bodies on his path, he covered half of his face with a scented cloth as he looked for his cloud. Releasing a small ‘Aha!’ when he found it, he stepped on his fluffy ride and dropped his body, curling around to make sure he fit in it.

Feeling himself lifting from the ground and flying upwards, he fought hard to stop his eyelids from closing only to open them back in alarm and for his head to crane back on the ground.

There, below him on the lake, sat a werewolf. And just at that moment, when the first rays of the sun broke through the barricade of clouds and touched the creature’s skin, Kibum was at awed when he saw the hairy man transform into the most mesmerizing man he had ever seen.

He only snapped out of his stupor when Minho’s confused face invaded his sight.

“You okay?” the other asked. He only mutely nodded as he stepped down from the cloud, watching it return back to the sky and float freely. He pointedly ignored the Sun God’s even more confused face as he waved in goodbye at the other and sluggishly trudge back on the castle, sleepiness and fatigue finally catching up to his body.

The Sun God could only scratch his head and dismissed his counterpart’s strange actions, calling at his own cloud to prepare for his descend on earth.

Jonghyun swore someone was watching him, and it was not him being paranoid. He noticed that it all started after the full moon, and had even wondered if it was because someone had already found him out. But if that was the case, then it doesn’t explain why it only happens at night, where usually humans and creatures alike (except for vampires, little s are nocturnal) are asleep and not on the day.

He actually thought at first it was a vampire’s doing, who else could be awake at those times? But after a few interrogations and visitations proved him otherwise.

It was getting annoying really, most especially becaus

Please log in to read the full chapter