For: bethsaidno

SHINee Secret Santa 2014
Please log in to read the full chapter
Prompt: When Taemin freaks out because Jonghyun looks so cute in a giant sweater. Pairing: JongTae

 

Pure Love

 

“JJONGIE!”

A deafening shout rang throughout the small bedroom as a body launched itself onto the lump in the middle of the bed. The lump groaned and tried to push the heavy weight off, but failed.

“IT’S CHRISTMAS! MERRY CHRISTMAS JJONGIE!”

The excited boy continued to shout while pulling the covers away and shaking his still half asleep boyfriend.

“Stop shouting. Why are you up so early anyways Taemin.” Jonghyun mumbled as he buried his face into his pillow.

“Didn’t you hear me?! IT’S CHRISTMAS!!!” Taemin yelled with a grin pulling at Jonghyun’s arms.

“Aish, I heard you the first time. That doesn’t answer my question though.” Jonghyun still kept his eyes close as he tried to push Taemin away.

“You have to open your presents! Key umma, Onew appa and Minho hyung will be here soon so you have to get up quickly!”

Just as Taemin finished speaking, the doorbell sounded. Taemin’s face lit up with another smile as he jumped off the bed and ran to get the door.

“That must be them. Jjongie hurry and get up!” With that Taemin disappeared, leaving a groaning Jonghyun behind.

~

A tall green tree stood in the corner of the living room. At the very top was a big gold star while the rest of the tree was filled with baubles and tinsel of every colour. Some were a glittery purple while others were a shiny blue. Red ribbons sat on the small pine cones that were scattered amongst the branches. Beneath the tree were presents of all sort of shapes wrapped carefully, or not so carefully, in festive paper decorated with candy canes and mistletoes.

In front of the tree, on the fluffy white rug, sat five boys all excitedly waiting to open their presents. Or at least most of them were. Jonghyun was still yawning and swaying in his spot, looking like he was going to fall over any moment.

“Alright, Taeminnie you should open your presents first since you’re the youngest.” Key spoke up as he smiled at Taemin.

“Okay!” Taemin chirped happily as he bounced up from his seat. He crouched beneath the tree for a minute before returning to his place with an armful of packages.

Taemin couldn’t keep the grin off his face as he ripped all the wrapping paper off his presents. The first present he got was the latest Destiny game he’d been wanting. Taemin’s smile got impossibly wider as he turned towards Minho.

“Thank you, Minho hyung!”

“No worries Taeminnie. But you’ll have to let me play it with you.” Minho said with a wink.

Next, Taemin received a fluffy wool hat. It was red and white with brown reindeers decorating it, and a big fluffy pompom on top. Taemin pulled the hat on over his head immediately and grinned at Onew cutely.

“Thanks, Onew appa.”

Onew shook his head with a smile as he pushed another present towards Taemin. “Open this one next.”

Taemin excitedly unwrapped the package and blinked in confusion. At first Taemin thought he had gotten another of the same hat, but as he picked it up, the soft wool continued to fall until a big sweater was revealed. The sweater was striped red and white, similar to his hat, and brown reindeers with red noses ran across the white stripes while green mistletoes were on the red. Taemin turned to Key to thank him but Onew began speaking first.

“We went shopping together so we decided it would be cool if we each got you something that matched.” Onew said with a wide smile. “Right, jagi?”

Key blushed slightly at Onew’s endearing words and elbowed him gently in the side. “Yeah, hope you like it Taeminnie.”

“I love it! Thank you, Key umma.”

Suddenly Taemin frowned when he ran out of presents to open. He turned to Jonghyun, who was more awake now, but with a pout.

“Jjongie, didn’t you get me a present?”

Jonghyun chuckled and ruffled his cute boyfriend’s hair. “I did but I can’t give it to you yet.”

“Why not?!”

“Because.” Jonghyun said simply with a wink.

Taemin huffed before shuffling away from Jonghyun and sitting closer to Minho in their circle. The other guys laughed at Taemin’s antics before focusing back on the present opening. One by one, everyone got up and unwrapped their presents.

Minho got two games, a new soccer ball and some soccer movie. Key acquired a cupcake baking set complete with a cupcake stand, a pair of black shoes with spikes, some new liquid eyeliner and a silver heart necklace (obviously from Onew). Jonghyun got a blue-green checkered shirt, sunglasses, a book and a set of new headphones. Onew received red and green striped socks, a long white scarf, a new bag and a silver infinity necklace (apparently the couple had the same idea when it came to gifts for each other).

After all the presents were opened, the five boys sprawled themselves across the sofas and bean bags to direct their attention to the large LCD television. A Christmas movie was playing, the Polar Express, and despite Jonghyun and Minho originally complaining that it

Please log in to read the full chapter