For: jhengchie

SHINee Secret Santa 2014
Please log in to read the full chapter
Prompt: I see your future and your future is with me. Pairing: Jongyu (Onew x Jonghyun)

 

“Hurry Hyung!” I laughed at Tae’s excitement.

“Babe, there’s no reason to be running.” He just shook his head and continued. I could feel my calves start to burn.

“Tae! I’m out of shape, come on.” He only laughed.

“Hyung, we both know that’s a lie! You weren’t out of shape last night!” He gave me wink over his shoulder. I could feel my face heat up, and not from the running. I grabbed both his wrists and pulled him to a stop. I wrapped my arms around him breathing heavily into his ear.

“Tae, why are we running?” He pulled away pouting.

“Hyung! We have to make it before 6 to get a long reading!” He pulled out his phone, and pursed his lips. I grabbed his hand letting out a sigh. “We better hurry then huh?”

A few more blocks and he pulled me to a stop in front of a small little shop. “Hyung we made it!” I quirked an eyebrow at the sign “Jongkeys Psychic Parlor”.

“What kind of name is Jongkey?” Taemin whipped his head towards me. “Hyung, obviously it’s two people! Jonghyun and Key!”  

“Mhm, yep.” Walking up the steps I opened the door.

“Hello? My name is Onew, my boyfriend  and I have an appointment with Jongkey?” I felt a nudge against my shoulder.

“Hyung, it’s just Jonghyun or Key. Not Jongkey.” I could feel an eye roll coming on.

“Of course Tae, my bad.”

“Taemin!”  I cringed shying away from the loud voice as a sparkly pink figure rammed into Taemin.

“Key!” So he’s Key… I understand why Taemin likes him so much. I cleared my voice hopping to get their attention.

“Oh.. You must be Onew.” I narrowed my eyes. Hmm.. He seems a little friendly. “Yeah, I am. It’s nice to meet you.”

“Oh, Hi guys. I was in the back sorry. I’m Jonghyun nice to meet you.” I turned to the voice. Well .. He’s attractive. I whipped my head towards Taemin and could see Key smirking at me. Key looked at Taemin then back to me, “Don’t do anything too naughty.” He mouthed. I narrowed my eyes at him. Why is he holding Taem? He has no right.

“Onew? Hi, can you follow me this way please?” I looked back to Taemin and he nodded gesturing me to follow. He led me down a hall that actually seemed normal.

“This doesn’t actually seem as weird as I thought it would be..”

“Thank you? I’m not entirely sure what a psychics place should look like. I guess Key would, but besides our shop I’ve never been to another shop.” He looked back to throw me a small smile. Oh my god, he’s adorable.

“We’re almost there if you’re wondering. My main room is the last one down the hall. Fortunately it’s the one room Key agreed not to mess with. Here we are!” He held open the door and gestured for me to step inside. It was pretty clean nothing seemed to be out of place and the mint green walls had a calming effect.

“It’s almost like a trip to the psychiatrist…”

“How, so?” He sounded almost offended and I regretted the comment.

“Not in a bad way. It’s really nice, I love the green. It’s really calming and home-y is all I mean.”

“Oh… Thank you! I love green it’s actually my favorite color, but Key says it’s ugly. Um, sorry I’m rambling, take a seat.” He gestured to one of the two chairs surrounding a black clothed table. The chair was surprisingly cushy. Very shrink like. He sat in the other chair and reached down, pulling up with him tarot cards and colored stones.

“Let’s start with the tarot cards. Think of your question; something you’d like to know.”

 

He gave me the deck. “Shuffle it while you think of your question.” Okay question.. Something I’d like to know. Okay, um. Will Taemin and I last? I don’t love him, but will I? Will we be happy? No no, will I be happy? I held the deck out to Jonghyun and he shook his head putting his hands up.

 

“I need you to cut it.” I did as he said, looking up for my next instruction. “Lay out five cards in an upwards arc please.” I did as he said and handed the cards back when I was done.

 

“This is called the Five card horseshoe spread. Flip over the card closest to the left please.” I flipped it over like he asked. It looked like an old man holding some type of stick or staff or something.

 

“Well… That’s the Hermit. You really don’t want to be here today huh?” I pursed my lips.

“Not really no. Taemin kind of dragged me here, is it obvious or does the card tell you that?” A small smile appeared.

 

“That, and that he’d dragged you to many places you haven’t wanted to go to.” He bit his lip pausing.

 

“The hermit means refusal of council or suspicion. Not a believer of this?” Of course that’s what the card means.

 

“Not particularly.” He shot me another blinding smile.

“Okay, flip the next one.” I did as he said. Judgment? Looks like an angel with a Swedish flag.

“Are you and your boyfriend a new thing?” A little odd to ask.. “ No we’ve been dating for almost a year, why?” His eyebrows furrowed.

 

“No reason really, this card usually means an introduction to a new cycle or end of a cycle. Based off what you told me it means that things are going to start changing for you for the better, and that’s what you really want.” End of a cycle? End of me and Tae? Would that really be so bad…

“Flip the next card.” Okay, this is getting repetitive. I flipped it over. Okay… Two people? I heard a sharp exhale and looked up at Jonghyun. His eyes had grown wide and he looked shocked.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter