For: sarah-in-kpopland

SHINee Secret Santa 2014
Please log in to read the full chapter
Prompt: A less trope. (I’m using A/B/O) Pairing: Minhyun (Minho x Jonghyun)   Sigma

A silver haired boy ran through the night, across rows and rows of trees, into the forest. The moonlight shined, its light hit the boy’s skin and hair, making the sweaty skin glisten. After running for quite a while, he peeked over his shoulder, checking if anyone - anything - was still behind him, chasing.

He heaved a relieved sigh as soon as he found nothing behind him. Wobbling to the nearest tree, he  immediately collasped to the ground below him, resting his back on the tree, closing his eyes. The last few days of his life had been rather.. strange.

Everything started a few days ago. It was a full moon, he was just sitting in his room with his face propped up by one of his hands, staring at the computer screen lazily, scrolling past news, gossip and music videos of his favorite band. He suddenly felt something burning in his stomach. He didn’t mind it too much and decided to ignore the burning pain, thinking that it was just from the spicy fried rice his mom had made earlier that night. But the burning sensation didn’t stop. It just got worse. His stomach felt like it was really on fire now and it started to spread, to his arms, to his legs. With a loud groan, he walked outside of his room into the kitchen to find the family’s medicine box. He was rummaging through it, trying to find some painkillers when he heard a gasp and a familiar shaky voice.

“W-who the are you?” His eyes widen in shock at the horror he could heard in the voice, and also how she just used a profanity. He turned around and saw his mom with her back against the wall, looking at him with terror in her eyes.

“M-mom.” He took a step closer, but her eyes just widen and she grabbed the closest thing she could reach from the kitchen counter which happened to be a glass bottle of ketchup, lifting it up in the air, looking like she was ready to throw it into his direction. He tensed and stopped.

“Don’t you dare, come anywhere closer to me.” She whispered under her breath.

“B-But mom, it’s me, Jonghyun.” Her eyes widened in shock once again. He could see her arms shake and go weak as she slowly lowered the bottle. He sighed in relief, stepping closer to the woman. But his mom immediately raised the bottle again instead.

“You’re not my son. Maybe you were my son. You’re not anymore. Get out!” He could feel his face pale, the pain was long forgotten within the confusion. He stutters, opening and closing his mouth in an attempt to ask for the reason, but nothing came out. “You’re just like your father, get out!” She said, her voice is thick and he could hear that she was on the verge of tears.

“M-mom-“ He jumped in surprise as the ketchup bottle smashed into the wall behind him, missing his head by just a few centimeters.

“OUT, JONGHYUN, OUT!” She yelled at the top of her lungs, grabbing another thing from the kitchen counter. Jonghyun ran as fast as he could before she had the chance to throw again. He ran a few feet from his house before looking over his shoulder, confused about what had just happened. Out of habit, he reached over to the back of his neck to scratch it, a habit he always did when he was confused about something. But this time he yelped in pain, and touched his skin afterwards. He could feel a couple of warm drops of sticky liquid, which he had assumed was blood coming out from the skin he had scratched earlier. He brought his fingers back to check whether it was really blood or not, then he saw what had happened to him.

His thought was cut short when he heard hurried footsteps getting louder - closer to him. He snapped his head up to check and tried to get up, which unfortunately was a little too late and a group of wolf-like creatures came rushing to him  - scratching, punching, some even tried biting. He tried to avoid as much as he could and run away, but it was hard. He was alone, and there were four wolf-like creatures attacking him.

I’m gonna die.

As he was giving up, he could smell the strong scent of another wolf. He choked out a cry of help, earning a soft chuckle from the stray wolf.

“Now, now. Leave the  poor boy alone.” The wolf said. At once, all of his attackers stopped and turned their heads, looking at the.. person. All this time Jonghyun thought he was a wolf, because of his smell, but when he got a  peek at the boy, who looked just about his age, he was just a normal, athletic - but not too muscular - boy. The wolves charged at him, one jumped and tried to bite his neck. Jonghyun closed his eyes; he wanted to help the poor human, but he was dying himself. After a while, he only heard the sound of something falling, not even a yelp of pain. He opened his eyes to check on the boy, what he saw was not what he had expeted at all. He saw the boy standing in front of a passed out wolf, while the others had their tails between their legs, running away.

“How.. did you do that?” Jonghyun asked, looking up at the boy with big, admiring eyes. The boy just chuckled and held out his hand.

“Come, I’ll take you to my pack, you need this wound healed.” He grinned cheekily, Jonghyun didn’t waste another second to take his hand and accept his help. He was thrown out of his own house, by his own mom. It's rare for people to accept a weird looking creature like him.

“Aren't you scared or weirded out by me?” Jonghyun asked, the latter just chuckled at the - to him - stupid question.

“No, why would I?” His answer was so light, it almost scared the shorter.

“I mean look at me I’m not normal, and-”

“Sigma.” The boy said out of the blue, cutting Jonghyun off.

“W-what?”

“That’s what you are, if you haven’t figured it out yet.” Jonghyun gasped, immediately turning his head and looking at the boy. Finally, someone with an answer.

“How do you know?”

“You have all of the sigma’s characteristics.” The boy  peeked to look at Jonghyun. “Silver hair, bright yellow eyes, silver wolf ears, pale skin, almost no wolf fur, sharp claws,  and confused. ...having no idea that they are strong as heck.”

“Wait I’m strong? And how do you know all of this werewolf crap? You’re a human, right?” the boy lightly shook his head.

“Nah, I’m Minho. I’m also a werewolf.”  Jonghyun inspected this Minho guy, but he saw no wolf like feature on him.

“Are you sure? Because.. you look nothing like a wolf.” He chuckled, nodding his head.

“Thought you would say that, but yeah there are classes of werewolves. There are the Alphas, the Betas, the Gammas, and the Omegas. Alphas and Betas can change into human form, that’s why I look human.  The ones that attacked you were omegas, if you want to know, they are the weakest, that’s why they hunt in groups. They look almost a hundred percent wolf, but somehow.. yeah, weakest. And Sigmas, they are the special kind of werewolf really. Their strength couldn’t be ranked like how the other werewolf can, their strength differ by how they manage themself, if they train or not. And the thing that differentiate sigmas from most other werewolves is that they were not born a werewolf. That’s kinda why I said confused was one of the characteristics.” Jonghyun nods, before looking up as he heard murmurs of people talking and laughter.

“Is that your pack?” He pointed at a small camp. Earning a small nod from the talle

Please log in to read the full chapter