chapter 7

Crushing on my spouse

Both of them go to MyungDong, walking along the street and all. They are taking pictures again and Donghae can’t help but to laugh at the pictures. Holding hands as Hyukjae is really scared if Donghae get himself lost in this crowd of people – I mean, you will do the same thing if your wife is being like a five years old kid. They go into some shops and end up buying couple items for themselves again.

Their first destination is SPAO store which has always be Donghae’s favourite. The store is under SM entertainment – it means Eunhyuk to Donghae. Donghae even takes a selca in front of Eunhyuk’s life size stand. Hyukjae is not amused with this Eunhyuk guy – Sungmin always says that Hyukjae is alike to Eunhyuk – and looking at Donghae who is fanboying over Eunhyuk, Hyukjae doesn’t like it. Donghae’s eyes sparkle as he’s browsing the new SPAO collection. Hyukjae remains cold, jealous with that far away idol who can make his wife smiling like an idiot.

 

“Ouh, ouh, ouh, Hyukkie~~ Can we buy this?” Donghae asks, grinning like a kid.

 

Hyukjae doesn’t give his answer except for his cold stare for Donghae. The brunette looks confused with Hyukjae’s sudden cold act. He feels hurt somehow but then he can see that Hyukjae’s lips are slightly pouting? Oh my god, is Hyukkie pouting just now?! Donghae smirks. Ouh, someone is jealous~~

 

“I’m going to buy it. This is going to be our first couple t-shirt!” Donghae smiles.

 

Hyukjae’s eyes widen for a moment. Couple t-shirt? Now he feels so wrong for being mad with Donghae. Aishh, Lee Hyukjae. Why can’t you do anything right? Hyukjae seriously wants to slap himself right now. “I want the red one.” He mumbles but loud enough for Donghae to be heard.

 

“You like red?” Donghae asks, smiling like an angel.

 

Hyukjae nods like a little kid.

 

“I like blue. So red is for you and blue is for me.”

 

And both of them buy the shirts. Both of them are walking together when Donghae suddenly sees a giant nemo plushie at the nearest store. He quickly drags Hyukjae into the store. Hyukjae shows some of his interest because of overly-excited Donghae beside him. That little kid can’t stop fascinating around. “Woah, giant Nemo.” Donghae says in such a slow motion, his eyes sparkle again. Hyukjae is drowning in his own world again. How can Donghae be so cute?

 

“You want it?” Hyukjae asks.

 

Donghae turns around and stares at Hyukjae, “can I?”

 

“I’ll buy it for you.” Hyukjae says with his little voice.

 

The idiot fish jumps in joy and hugs Hyukjae tightly. His smiling face makes him look like an idiot though Hyukjae thinks that it’s cute. “Ouh, Hyukkie. Thank you, thank you. I love you, Hyukkie.” Donghae blurts out. Hyukjae’s face redden upon hearing those words. Ahh, this Lee Donghae is melting his heart. Donghae suddenly pecks his cheek, saying “Hyukkie is the best!” And now his heart just exploded because of Donghae’s cuteness.

 

“But it’s not fair then.” Donghae pouts.

 

Hyukjae raises his eyebrow as in why?

 

“Hyukkie already bought Haehae a lot of things and I haven’t buy you anything.” He sounds sulky.

 

Hyukjae doesn’t know how to express himself in that moment. What should he do? How to comfort him? Hyukjae finds himself almost crying because of sulking Donghae – except that he doesn’t cry – yet he can’t cry because crying isn’t his style. There’s something that caught his interest. He grabs the thing and hands it to Donghae. Gah, this is embarrassing!

 

“Hyukkie wants me to buy this… for you?”

 

Hyukjae nods.

“Okay! I will buy the Pororo for Hyukkie.” Donghae giggles.

 

God, why does he choose Pororo? That’s so childish for god’s sake. Hyukjae mentally slaps himself again and again. Donghae must think that he’s so childish. No, he’s not like that. I’m all matured and cool. Yet Hyukjae can’t control himself again after looking at the giggling Donghae. Aigoo…

Donghae is walking out from the store, hugging his giant Nemo plushie.  “Where are we going next, Hyukkie?” He asks but there’s no answer. “Hyukkie?”

Hyukjae isn’t there.

Donghae looks around in order to find that blonde husband of his. He almost tears up when a pair of arms suddenly hugs him from behind. Donghae turns around and looks at Hyukjae.

 

“Where did you go? I was looking for you!”

 

“Sorry.”

 

“You made me worried.” Donghae mumbles.

 

“I-I bought you this.” Hyukjae shows him the couple keychains. The heart-shaped keychains are enough to make Donghae speechless.

 

There’s their name on the keychains. Hyukkie. HaeHae.

 

“It’s so cute! Thank you, Hyukkie~~” Donghae smiles, grabbing his keychain.

 

“Hae, that’s mine. This is yours.” Hyukjae says, handing the one with his name to Donghae.

 

“Ooo, so yours will have my name written on it?” Donghae asks innocently.

 

Hyukjae nods.

“Gyaa~~ How can you be so fluffy?” Donghae squeals. Hyukjae just nods, wondering what fluffy does mean.

 

Both of them go to a restaurant to grab their lunch. They order themselves some food – Donghae’s favourite, seafood fried rice – and have a talk. Donghae tells Hyukjae that he heard some rumour that Hyukjae’s such a good dancer.

“Where did you hear this?”

 

“Sungmin-hyung tells me.”

 

Hyukjae sighs. That Lee Sungmin is really something.

 

“Hyukkie, you have such a wonderful talent. Why don’t you go to an audition? You might have a chance to be an idol.”

 

“I’m not interested with that, Hae. I mean, being famous isn’t everything to me. I don’t wanna be like all those celebrities.”

 

Donghae only can afford himself to nod with Hyukjae’s words.

 

Hyukjae and Donghae are about to go home, reaching themselves to their car. Suddenly, Donghae looks panic, “H-Hyukkie, let’s not take this road.” Hyukjae looks at him weirdly. What’s wrong with this road? Their car is only 100m away.

“Why?”

 

And Donghae knows he must do something.