chapter 3

Crushing on my spouse

The weather is nice and so is Donghae’s mood. Donghae, Kyuhyun, Changmin and Siwon are having their tea time at Twosome Café when Donghae suddenly breaks the news to his best friends.

“Guys, I have something to tell you.” Donghae says, grinning.

“What? Wait, let me guess. You gonna buy me a red velvet cake, right?” Changmin says in delight.

“What? Why would he do that? Stupid.” Kyuhyun rolls his eyes and Changmin just glares at him with his don’t-mess-with-me-when-it-comes-to-food-glare.

“Ooo, so scary.” Kyuhyun fakes.

“Ugh, you guys are really something. What is it, Hae?” Siwon somehow manages to say which a sense of not-so-immatured.

“Well, Changmin is true somehow. I am going to buy him a red velvet cake but…”

“Oh yeah! I told you he’s going to buy me a cake!” Changmin’s eyes got sparkles then glare at Kyuhyun.

“Hey, just let him finish with his words, will you?” Kyuhyun butts in.

“Yes, Hae?”

 

Donghae looks at his friends nervously, how is he going to tell them the news? He takes a deep breath while his mind is trying to arrange a suitable sentence.

“My parents have arranged a marriage for me. It means, I’m gonna get married!” Donghae smiles and let out an awkward chuckle from his mouth.

His friends look at him in disbelief.

“What? Are you serious, Hae?” Kyuhyun asks, his voice is full of concern.

“Aren’t you too young to get married, Hae? I mean, we’re just 21.” Changmin says.

“Hae, marriage isn’t something that you can joke.” Siwon also joins in.

Donghae sighs, what’s wrong with his friends? They should be happy for him, not asking him some disliking questions. Isn’t it a sin to get married at a young age? He’s happy with his father’s decision so why can’t they? He feels disappointed with his friends when he suddenly hears a word that he really waiting for.

“Congrats, Hae.” Kyuhyun smiles but somehow that smile looks different. Donghae stares at his two other friends who are looking at Kyuhyun.

“So, who is that lucky person?” Changmin smirks.

Donghae smiles his toothless smile and says, “his name is Lee Hyukjae. I bet you guys know him.”

“You’re freaking going to marry with that Lee Hyukjae?!” Kyuhyun widens his eyes, in disbelief.

“Daebak~~” Changmin claps his hands.

“Ouh, come on. What’s wrong with him? He looks fine and Eunhyuk to me.”

“Duhh, you just saw him once.” Kyuhyun says sassily.

 

Donghae doesn’t care about anything as long as he doesn’t crush his father’s effort. His father has done a lot of things for this marriage. “Well, I’m going to see him everyday when we got married!” Donghae huffs.

“Aigoo, our Donghae is going to be such a good wife~~” Changmin jokes.

“And wearing pink apron~~” Kyuhyun laughs.

“Yah!” Donghae shouts, blushing over it.

 

Siwon suddenly decides to ask Donghae about the things that keep lingering in his mind. “What are you going to do with…London?”

It hits Donghae at once. God, he totally forgets about it! “I’ll figure out the way.”

And Siwon can only nod with Donghae’s answer. It’s useless to argue with Donghae anyway. That kid is so stubborn and childish. What Donghae wants, Donghae gets.

 

“Wait, if you get married later, can you give me your Nemo?” Kyuhyun asks. Well, you see, Nemo is Donghae’s plushie – which has always been Donghae’s sleeping partner.

“W-what? W-why would you want my Nemo?” Donghae stutters.

“Tch, Donghae-ah… Nemo will be lonely if you get married.” Kyuhyun explains.

“Why?” Donghae tilts his head cutely.

“Because Nemo can’t be your sleeping partner anymore when your husband takes that spot. I mean you gonna sleep together with your husband, right?” Changmin says.

“Sleeping together?” Donghae freezes for a moment.

“Our Haehae is thinking dirty. Hehe, what are you actually thinking about, huh?” Kyuhyun jokes, smirking.

“Ooo, Donghae is getting matured!” Siwon squeals which doesn’t really suit his muscular body.

“What are you thinking, huh?” Changmin smirks along with Kyuhyun.

Donghae realizes that it’s going to be a long day in the café.

 

 

It is night when Donghae’s home, he greets his parents at the living room, knowing that his hyung isn’t home yet. His mom suddenly calls for him with a toothless smile plasters on her face.

“Hae sweetie, come here.”

“What is it, Omma?”

“You’re going to meet your in-laws and of course, your soon-to-be husband tomorrow.”

“What?!” Donghae’s so shocked. Ouh, what to do?

“Don’t be surprised like that, Hae.”

“B-but…” Donghae almost looks like a lost kid.

“It’s okay. Appa and I are going with you.” His mum assures him with a smile.

“Okay.”

 

Donghae is so nervous that he barely manages to sleep that night. He even wakes up early in the morning to choose the best outfit that he can wear. He needs to look good in front of them. He already tried all of his clothes but none of them seems good. There’s a pile of clothes on his bed and he’s really clueless right now. Just what should I wear? He finally decides to ask his mom to choose for him and the middle-aged woman gladly does the simple task. They then go to the Lee Mansion.

The door is opened by a tall yet handsome butler, revealing such a luxurious mansion. Wah, SendBill communication is really no jokes. Donghae looks at the house in awe – though he’s been in a greater mansion in London. They are greeted by a pretty middle-aged woman which is so familiar in the newspaper. It’s Madam Lee.

“Ouh, welcome. Please, make yourself comfortable. Ouh, you must be Donghae. Aww~~ You’re so cute.” Madam Lee suddenly pinches Donghae’s cheek.

“Thanks for your compliment Madam Lee.”

“Call me Mom or Omma… Well, it’s up to you. You’re my son-in-law after all.” She says with delight.

“Soon-to-be son-in-law.” Donghae corrects.

“It doesn’t matter, right?” Madam Lee looks at Donghae’s parents and both of them just nod. Their faces are written with joy.

 

“Is he here, Mom?” A voice echoes.

“Yes, darling. Come and greet our guest. Bring along Hyuk!” Madam Lee shouts back.

Donghae’s parents and Donghae himself stare at Madam Lee in curiousity.

“It’s my son, Sungmin.” Madam Lee says.

Sungmin comes down, dragging a pale skinny boy with him. Donghae just stares at Hyukjae . His eyes are fixed on Hyukjae. It feels like he’s seeing Eunhyuk in front of him! This is just so unbelievable. Sungmin shakes his hand with Donghae and introduces himself as Hyukjae’s brother. Sungmin is so bright and full of laughter. Donghae decides that he really likes Sungmin. Then, his parents follow Madam Lee to the dining hall, she tells Hyukjae to takes Donghae around the mansion while Sungmin excuses himself as he has something up to.

Hyukjae looks at Donghae and so is the brunnete. They keep staring at each other until Donghae blushes at look the other way. Hyukjae is stunned again as Donghae’s eyes are really pretty.

“I’m Donghae. Just call me Hae.”

Hyukjae just looks at him with an empty stare without saying anything. Donghae’s already knew his name. Donghae feels flustered but decides to talk again.

“What makes you agreed to marry me?” Okay, that’s stupid.

“My parents.” Hyukjae says in his tiny voice which Donghae finds it’s cute.

“I can’t wait for us to get married. I mean we maybe don’t know each other for now but we can learn to love each other later, right?” Donghae smiles but Hyukjae doesn’t even give him some respond.

“Do you hate me, Hyukjae-ssi?” Donghae’s smile fades away.

Hyukjae doesn’t know what to do and keeps in silence. Donghae’s eyes suddenly gets teary and he walks away. Hyukjae grabs Donghae’s wrist and shakes his head, telling Donghae that he doesn’t hate him. Donghae smiles again and walks in front of Hyukjae, amused with the mansion.

“I don’t hate you but I don’t love you either. I probably has a tiny crush on you, Donghae-ssi.” Hyukjae says but Donghae is far away to hear that. Aigoo