chapter 4

Crushing on my spouse

A/N: Look, I'm so sorry for this chapter. Please comment and vote!


Sunday

 

The church is full of people – okay, not so many actually. It’s not so grand yet not to simple. Adequate to be said. There’s a lot of baby’s breath flowers as it has always been Donghae’s favourite.  Donghae is so nervous for god’s sake. Today is his wedding day – the day that he has been waiting for. He feels butterflies in his stomach as he keeps looking at himself through the mirror. Madam Lee and his mom have insisted for him to wear a dress for his wedding and he’s such a fool has agreed to do so – why does he agree to do it? He doesn’t even know why. Well, so here he is, wearing a wedding dress and all. He feels so weird of wearing this feminine outfit. There’s a knock at the door and Donghae nervously opens the door.

 

“Hey, you look good.”  

“You look good too, my best man. Oops, I should call you bridesmaid instead!” Donghae jokes.

“Please, Hae. You make me wanna puke.” The other rolls his eyes.

“You better don’t, Kyu.”

 

Donghae has decided to make Kyuhyun as his best man. He should have choose Siwon instead but then changed his mind to Kyuhyun. Changmin doesn’t really like the idea because well, he’s actually jealous with Hae’s decision – along with Siwon. Sungmin is Hyukjae’s best man. Somehow Donghae feels like something is wrong with his friends – as if they are hiding something from him. Is it about Hyukjae? He himself is clueless about it. Maybe it’s just his feeling.

Kyuhyun gives him his bonquet. Roses and baby’s breath. Donghae smiles and hugs Kyuhyun as if they are having their farewell or something. Donghae’s eyes is full of sparkles yet there’s still a glint of sadness. Kyuhyun finds out that it’s so hard to guess about his best friend’s feeling at the moment. That’s weird, Donghae has always been an open book to Kyuhyun.

 

“Hae, there’s something that I want to tell you…” Kyuhyun says, his voice is barely heard.

“Yes, Kyu?” Donghae looks at him.

 

Kyuhyun is about to continue with his words when Donghae’s father barges in and tells them that it’s time. Donghae smiles at Kyuhyun at excuses himself. “Gotta go~~ Mind to tell me later?” Donghae says.

“Sure. I mean it doesn’t matter anyway!” Kyuhyun shouts as Donghae is getting futher from him.

 

 

Hyukjae is standing in front of the priest, nervously waiting for his bride. His sweaty palms don’t even help to make the situation better. He’s been looking up and down, exchanging gazes with Sungmin though he doesn’t show any emotions. He’s actually confused by himself for being nervous. That’s when the door opens, revealing his bride. Hyukjae almost chokes for air after seeing such a beautiful figure walking through the aisle. His heart is beating like crazy and he’s so worried that he might die before the ceremony starts if his heartbeats can’t be controlled. Badump badump ~~

Donghae walks gracefully through the aisle, holding his father’s hand. The flower girls smile towards the walking bride and the pianist plays ‘And here comes the bride’ with full of harmony. Donghae can see his mother looking at him with such teary eyes, mouthing ‘I’m proud of you.’ He can see his hyung smiling his toothless smile to him and of course, his two trouble maker friends, Siwon and Changmin waving their hands lightly – Siwon is so obvious with his American style. Kyuhyun is standing still at his spot as the best man. His father finally let go of his hand as it’s Hyukjae’s turn to hold the brunette’s hand.

 

“Is there any objection to this wedding?” The priest asks as both of the couple are standing in front of him.

 

And there’s a person who really wants to object the wedding but the toothless smile that plasters on Donghae’s face makes him weak. He loves him since forever. He loves Lee Donghae with all of his heart. He’s the one who notices Donghae first but why does Hyukjae get him? He spends a lot of time with Donghae more than other people ever know. He’s been by his side for years – even when they’re apart they still contact each other. He wants to cry, he wants to shout, he wants to say that he’s opposing this marriage but he can’t. Donghae’s eyes are full of hope and happiness. He can’t ruin that. He hates the fact that Donghae is all happy yet he’s all suffering but he knows that he can’t never hate that idiot fish as he loves him too much. Overdose. If you love him, then you have to let him go.  He has to give up.

 

Why did I fall in love with you, Lee Donghae?

 

“Will thou Lee Hyukjae take Lee Donghae as thou wife?”

“I do.”

“Will thou Lee Donghae take Lee Hyukjae as thou husband?”

“I do.”

“Go now in peace and live in love, sharing the most precious gifts you have the gifts of your lives united. And may your days be long on this earth. I now pronounce you officially husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

Hyukjae takes a breath and carefully pulls up Donghae’s wedding veil and kiss him right on the lips. Donghae gladly shares the kiss. The kiss is sweet and so is Donghae’s lips. It’s Hyukjae’s first kiss and his first kiss is Donghae. Unfortunately, Donghae already had his first kiss – Hyukjae becomes his second kiss instead. Hyukjae is such a helpless boy and he’s not a good kisser either. Aigoo. They break their kiss and Donghae smiles to Hyukjae as if he owns the world. And both of them hold hands, walking out from the church. It’s such a beautiful ceremony indeed.

 

The wedding reception is full of merry. People keep congratulating the newlyweds. Donghae smiles, looking abashed. He’s linking his arm with Hyukjae and the blonde seems not bothered with it. Hyukjae’s lips hardly move a muscle. He’s barely smiling – people used to it anyway. Changmin and Kyuhyun sing a duet together while Sungmin plays the piano. Siwon becomes the MC for the reception. Sungmin gets up and cheers a toast.

“A toast for the newlyweds!”

“For the newlyweds!” All of them say in union.

The wedding cake is so beautiful. It was made by Ko Seungji – the popular pasteur of South Korea. The decoration and the cream. Ahh, it seems delicious. Hyukjae and Donghae cut the wedding cake together when people cheer for them to feed the cake to each other. Both of them are blushing yet doing it.

Donghae chuckles and smiles, not knowing that Hyukjae takes a glance towards him.

 

How can someone be so beautiful?