Today

The Tragic Flaw

TODAY

 

 

It’s Saturday and I like it. I can stay and lay all day on my bed. I can sleep all day. I don’t know what time is it and I don’t care. I’m free all day.

 

“Hyung?” I heard Changjo call me. I lay on my back because I’m laying on my front and faced his side of the bed. He’s up already and dressed.

“Hey, going somewhere?”

“Yeah. I need to buy something. Is there anything you’d like me to buy for you?”

“Nothing. Thanks.” I answered and he nods. I took my phone and checked if there are messages and there is. It’s from Ricky.

 

From: Yoo Changhyun

It’s Saturday. Where to?

 

I laughed at him and sent a reply.

 

To: Yoo Changhyun

The Angel Café near the bus station in SEOUL. I like the sandwich there.

 

I immediately got a reply.

 

From: Yoo Changhyun

I wish you were here. :(

 

Aww. Me and my poor friend. How I wish too. I put my phone and got up. I’ll just give him a reply later.

 

“I’m off to go hyung. Bye.” Changjo said and made his way to the door.

“Bye, take care.” He nods.

“Grab your breakfast.” He said and made his way out. Changjo can be nice sometimes.

 

I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I also washed my face. I’ll just take a bath later. I went to the kitchen to grab my breakfast. There’s fried rice and omelet on the table. I think Changjo prepared this.

 

“Good morning.” L. Joe greeted who just emerged.

“Good morning.”

“Do you have any plans today?” he asked.

“I think I’ll just stay here.” I said and took a mouthful of my food.

“You should go out. You’ll rot if you just stay here.”

“I’m okay.” I said. There’s a moment of silence and no one is talking. I just kept on eating and so with him.

“What did Changjo tell you?” L. Joe started.

“What?”

“Did he tell you anything?” he continued. I think he’s referring to the last night’s event.

“Well, nothing really.” I said. I’m not lying here. Okay, maybe I am. I just don’t know what to say to him. I don’t know if I have the right to interfere with whatever it is he has with Niel and so with his issue with Changjo. But…

“Is it true?” I asked. Maybe he’ll tell me? But if no then it’s fine.

“What?” he asked. Should I continue this? Well…

“About you and Niel?” There. I said it. He just looked at me and drinks his juice.  So I think he’s not willing to share it. It’s fine. I just continued my food and didn’t bother to look at him. It’s quite disappointing.

“Can I trust you?” he asked. Okay…

“Ofcourse.” I assured. He finished his food and looked at me. “You know if it’s true that you and Niel are together, it’s fine. It’s not really a big issue for me.” I said because it’s true. I really don’t mind.

“Niel and I… we’re not what you think we are.” He said. Oh, so they’re not. I thought they are.

“Well, you guys are bestfriends. Yeah.” I don’t know what to say.

“I like Niel.” he said. Okay, he’s confessing. I remained silent. “He’s caring, and funny, and he’s really kind.” He continued. “I’m always happy when we’re together. I really like his company.”

“Does he know about that? Did you confess to him?”

“Yes.”

“And what did he say? Is it okay with him? Does he feel the same thing?” because if it’s not then it’d be awkward.

“He said he likes me as a friend.” Ouch. Friendzoned. What should I say to him? I’m really not good at comforting people. “But I really like him. Will you help me?” he asked full of sincerity. Help him?

“Help you what?” I asked. Don’t tell me…

“Will you help me court him? Please Chunji.” He asked. He really does like him? And how will I help him? Do I want to help him? Apparently, Niel is the reason why he and Changjo are no longer what they used to be. And Changjo is nice to me. And so with L. Joe. What should I do?

“Please Chunji. You’re the only one who can help me.” He continued.

“L. Joe, isn’t Niel the reason why you and Changjo are no longer okay?” I asked him and he just looked at me confused. “I’m sorry, Changjo told me about it.”

“What happened between me and Changjo, Niel has nothing to do with it.”

“But he told me you used to be really close until you met Niel.” There, I said it all. I need assurance here before I decide.

“He shouldn’t put the blame on Niel. If I haven’t met Niel I would still be miserable trying to have a little of Changjo’s attention.” What does he mean by that? “He took me for granted because he knows he’s the only one I have.” He continued. L. Joe is the only child of his parents and so with Changjo. I think that’s why they used to be really close because it’s just the two of them. So this is the other side of the story. What should I do now? I just looked at L. Joe who’s looking at his empty plate. He glanced at me and back at his empty plate. What a childish gesture. He’s cute when he did that. Well, if it’s what’ll make him happy then…

“I’ve never courted someone before so I don’t know what to do.” I said and his face lit up. “But if that’s what will make you happy then… fine, I’ll help you.”

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

A/N

It’s our exam this Friday and I don’t know if I can update on Saturday so here’s the 9th chapter. Thank you so much for reading this. I love you all. ^____^

 

 

D x