Going Home

The Tragic Flaw

GOING HOME

 

I immediately jumped in the shower when I woke up. The early I am the early I’ll arrive. I pulled off my black hoodie which I paired with my jeans and my Converse. I went to the kitchen to grab some breakfast. It’s not good to travel with an empty stomach. When I emerged at the kitchen, I saw Byunghun drinking his orange juice.

 

“Good morning.” I greeted.

“Going somewhere?” he asked when he saw me holding my bagpack.

“Yeah. I’m going home.” He arched his eyebrow at me confused.

“I’m going to get my things and bring it here.” I answered his unspoken question.

“Oh, I see.”

 

I finished my sandwich and my orange juice and made my way. I saw L. Joe in the living area watching something at the flatscreen. I think it’s a morning show.

 

“I’m going now. Bye.”

“Bye.” He said. “Keep safe.” He continued.

“Thanks. You too. Bye.” I nod at him and he also did.

 

********

 

It’s Saturday. I rode a bus on my way to Busan. I’m excited to go home though a part of me is sad because I’ll also leave that home and return to my new home. The journey from Seoul to Busan will take long so I took my iPod and hit the playlists.

 

********

 

I arrived safely. Now I’m at the doorstep of our apartment. I know dad is inside so I knocked on the door and my old man welcomed me with a big hug. “Son.” He murmurs. “Dad.”

 

“How’s Seoul?” he asked as we broke the hug.

“It’s nice.” I said and sat on the couch. I think I’m exhausted.

“So when are you returning there back?”

“Tomorrow.” I said and decided to go to my room. “Hey dad, did Ricky go here?”

“No. Why?”

“Just asking.” And I emerged in my room.

 

I jumped in my bed and lied down. I miss my room. It’s my sanctuary here. And I miss my bed. I rolled and lied on my front and took my phone out of my pocket. There are 3 text messages. One from dad, one from Ricky and the other one is from Byunghun. He texted. I immediately opened the message from Byunghun.

 

From: Lee Byunghun

Have a safe trip. Tell uncle I want to say hi.

 

I replied him right away.

 

To: Lee Byunghun

Just got home. Will do.

 

And I hit send. I opened dad’s message and Ricky’s message asking me where I am. I told him I’m at home. Because I’m tired and I miss lying on my bed, I drift.

 

*********

 

I woke to the sound of my phone ringing and I pick it up. It’s Ricky calling.

 

“Yes?” I greeted. I’m still groggy.

[Get your out of bed sleepyhead.]

He hangs up and I was hit by a pillow. “Ricky? What the hell?” What is he doing here in my room?

“You got some serious explaining to do.” He said his hands on his hips.

“What are you doing here?”

“What are you doing in Seoul?” he asked, his face serious. I rise and rested at the headboard of my bed.

“I visited a relative.” I answered.

“And what’s with the bags packed here?” he said and motioned at the bags on the floor. What? Dad!

“Where’s dad?” I asked. I told him not to bother packing my things. Is he that excited of kicking me out of the house?

“He went outside to buy something.” Ricky answered and crossed his arms. “So what are these?”

“Clothes. Books. My things.”

“You’re moving?”

“Yeah.”

“Where to?”

“Seoul.” I said and his face shocked.

“Why?” he said almost shouting.

“I transferred. SNU.”

“What?!” There. He shouted.

“Yeah.”

“Why?” he said. His face with a mixture of shocked and sad expression. Aww, my poor friend.

“It’s my dad’s decision. Believe me I don’t want to go there.”

“Why? I mean. Why now? Why?” and I told him everything. He just gave me an apologetic look.

“Take care of yourself. I know you’re aloof but please manage to have friends. But make sure I won’t have a replacement.” He said.

“I’ll try my best.” I said and gave him my sweet smile.

“Good. So when are you going back to Seoul?”

“Tomorrow.”

“Already?” he said with a mock face.

“Yeah. Classes starts on Monday.” I said as a matter of fact.

“Okay. Let’s go then.”

“Where to?” I asked curious.

“To the dining table. I heard the door open so dad must be home. Let’s go grab some dinner.”

“Wow huh. Thanks for inviting me at my house.” I said emphasizing the my house.

“You’re most welcome.” He said and I rolled my eyes.

 

“Wow. I can see we have plenty of foods here.” I said when we emerged at the kitchen. Dad did spend some money here.

“I figured since it’s our last time eating dinner together to make it memorable.”

“So I guess this will be a feast?” Ricky said and settled himself on the chair.

“You sound like I’m never coming back here, dad.”

“You’ll be spending the whole semester in Seoul. That means it will be a while for us to eat together.”

“Unless you want to come home every weekend?” Ricky asked, hopeful?

“That means spending a lot of money which is unacceptable.” Dad said.

“So let’s enjoy tonight and not leave any remains of these delicious foods.” Ricky said.

I just looked at the two of them and sighed. I’m gonna miss them. “Okay, let’s eat.” I exclaimed.

 

********

 

“Take care of yourself, son. Be good, always.” Dad said as we clean the dishes. Ricky already went home because his mom called saying he’s badly needed at home. I hope everything’s fine.

“You don’t have to remind me, dad.”

“Just saying.” I just looked at him and smiled. My old man.

 

********

I took the bus on my way to Seoul. Dad and Ricky accompanied me to the bus station. I gave them a warm hug when I left. Dad and Ricky, two of the most important persons for me. I’m gonna miss them.

 

As soon as I arrived in Seoul, I took a cab and off  to the Belle Maison. It’s Sunday afternoon. I wonder where Byunghun is. I’m at the doorstep of his apartment ringing the doorbell. I hope he’s home. He haven’t gave me the passcode of the apartment yet. I hope he has plans on giving it to me. The door opened but instead of Byunghun, a familiar face welcomed me at the front door. “Changjo?”

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

A/N

It's my 4th chapter and I still don't have a poster for my story, yet. Heol. Anyway, here comes Changjo. ^^ Let me know your thoughts about him and to this story. To my readers and to my subscribers, I love you all.  ^^ <3 <3 <3

 

D x