Case II; Part 1

Once upon a time,

"Is...is this the famed detective office?" A young girl meekly asked after knocking on the imposing door before her. She had the features of a girl in her late teens, soft features beautiful and silky long hair braided carefully. The ends of her hair became a makeshift bracelet, tied around her wrist to prevent it from reaching the floor.

A man with dark hazel hair opened the door for her, smiling politely. "How may I help you?"

"Invite her in, Hyunseong." A man with hair dyed platinum blonde spoke from his seat furthest from the door. His voice was gentle, but the girl could sense his authority almost immediately.

The said Hyunseong ushered her in, then letting her take the empty seat near the apparent head detective. A cheerful-looking man quickly stood up from his seat beside her, gesturing for Hyunseong to take his seat instead. She must have taken Hyunseong's seat, then.

"You can take my seat, Jeongmin-hyung." The one sitting opposite the head detective on the other end offered his own, and the girl wondered if she sparked off a chain of seat-offering. The young man then headed off towards a side of the office where it looked like some pantry, taking out a few cups. He must be the youngest, then.

"Thanks, Minwoo." Jeongmin sang, dropping himself onto Minwoo's swivel chair and letting the chair slide backwards from his sudden weight.

The girl watched a pair of twins opposite her nodding politely as a silent greeting, and by the time she turned to look at the head detective, he was smiling encouragingly.

"Sorry." Minwoo said quietly, serving chilled water to the girl and tea to the head detective. Excusing himself, he then continued passing out drinks.

("Aww, little Minwoo has none because he gave the lady his cup~!" Jeongmin teased, while Minwoo shook his head to say he didn't mind.)

"We need more cups." The man before her said thoughtfully, immediately brushing it away when he realised his words. "I'm sorry, it's because you are our first client. We usually work with the police, but we would be happy to hear about your case. Please don't feel uncomfortable though, I'm sure Minwoo doesn't mind."

"Okay. Um, Mr Detective..." The girl started unsurely.

"I'm so sorry." The man apologised again, cutting her off with an apologetic smile. "I should have introduced myself. I'm Kim Donghyun."

"Right, um, you see, I have been getting bad dreams recently." The girl bit her lower lip, pausing for a second as if gauging the reaction to her words. Donghyun kept silent, and she took in a deep breath before continuing. "About people around me dying."

(The twins looked at each other with wide eyes and tried not to break the silence. Jeongmin picked up his phone while Hyunseong scratched his head.)

(Minwoo waited for Donghyun's action.)

"Go on." Donghyun nodded, gentle tone filled with patience and encouragement.

Why does he even bother?

Jeongmin nudged Minwoo and showed him the typed text, and the younger only shrugged.

"And, and t-they do." The girl suddenly freaked out, backing away suddenly. "M-My dreams are killing them!"

"What's your name, young girl?" Donghyun smiled, making some movements to shift away all that was currently on his desk to write on a fresh piece of paper.

"Boho. Lee Boho."

"That's a pretty name." The head detective nodded, titling the paper with the same name. "Do you have the names of those who died?"

"There was this senior in school that was hitting on me, but I couldn't remember his name. They said he committed suicide and I was s-so afraid. The day before it happened, I had dreamt he was struck by a knife from the back and died from excessive blood loss, and h-he died so p-painfully." Boho said, hands reaching for to cover it as the images flashed past her mind again.

"When did he die, and which school do you attend?"

"He died three days ago. I attend Seoul National University, and he's in Year 3." Boho winced, eyes tearing up as she took a sip of water.

"Youngmin." Donghyun smiled, addressing one of the twins. "Can you take over?"

The said Youngmin stood up and nodded, heading towards Donghyun's table. The head detective then passed him the paper he had written on, giving Youngmin's shoulder a pat.

"Are we leaving?" The other twin stood up, seemingly understanding Donghyun's intention for letting Youngmin take over.

Hyunseong and Jeongmin both understood slightly later, pushing back their chair at the same time.

"Yes. Boho-ssi, please be rest assured that you'd be in good hands. Youngmin will assist you to the best of his abilities, and we'll give you a more private environment to tell your troubles." Donghyun held the door, and Jeongmin took the first ticket out. Hyunseong followed soon after, and then Kwangmin. The headcount was wrong, so Donghyun paused for a moment and wondered where their last member went. "Minwoo?"

"Sorry." Minwoo hurriedly put away the files he was reading, standing up from behind the door.

"Do you want to stay?" The leader offered, watching as Minwoo closed the cupboard door.

"You're leaving, right?"

"Well, yes."

"Then I'm leaving." Minwoo finished simply, then excusing himself.

Donghyun blinked, wondering what sort of logic that was. Minwoo did seem a bit like his copycat at times, but maybe it's because he's still learning the ropes. Just like how Jeongmin learnt from Hyunseong and Youngmin from Kwangmin, Minwoo might just have come to him to take him as reference.

Still, the youngest had a really cute way of going around mimicking him. The other day, he was even mimicking the way he dressed. Minwoo looked a bit more mature than usual, but it didn't suit him very much. Like a child trying his father's clothes.

"Well then, I'll be leaving too. Youngmin, meet us downstairs when you are done. We should be in time for lunch." Donghyun smiled, gesturing at Boho as he spoke.

Youngmin nodded in understanding, reminding himself to extend the invitation later. The door then closed, and Youngmin smiled amiably.

"Was the senior nice to you?"

-

"What were you reading, Minwoo?"

The younger man jerked in surprise, head turning so quickly towards Donghyun. He looked like a deer caught in the headlights, and the older man wondered what sort of environment the younger grew under such that he still had that sort of innocence in him. "M-me?"

"Well yes, the three have already gone ahead to our usual café, and I did mention your name." Donghyun chuckled softly, letting Minwoo go ahead because the stairs were cramped. "You were looking through some files, right?"

"Yeah." Minwoo nodded, visibly less tensed from before. "I was just finding it familiar. Like I've read it somewhere."

"The senior that died?" Donghyun raised his tone, unable to raise his eyebrow as a questioning look for the younger man that was walking ahead of him.

"No." Minwoo shook his head, deep in thoughts. "Having dreams turn into reality."

"You did?" Donghyun confirmed, himself trying to recount if he ever took such a case for Minwoo to be looking through all their past cases. They never had someone coming to them though, so hearing about dreams seemed like a first to Donghyun.

Such that Jeongmin was so eager to brush this lady off when she talked about dreams, as if it was some prank.

"I can't remember where I saw it though. Maybe from some fiction." Minwoo shrugged slightly, skipping off the last step and waiting for the older man to reach his side.

He paused. Maybe skipping of the last step was a bit childish?

"All right. I'll keep that in mind." Donghyun nodded, patting Minwoo's back as they fell in sync, walking towards where the other three were. Minwoo stared at Donghyun's stride and tried copying, the older man's pace a little faster than his usual one. Was he feeling hurried? "For now, we'll have to wait for Youngmin."

"Mm." Minwoo hummed in reply, conditioned to respond to anything the older says.

-

"Hey!" Jeongmin waved animatedly, calling over the two detectives to an empty table. "What do you guys want to drink? Usually Youngmin does the ordering, so I have no idea."

"Have you guys ordered?" Donghyun asked, chuckling when Jeongmin gave a bright "No!" in reply. "Youngmin does observe us, huh?"

"I can take the orders." Minwoo offered, and Jeongmin had this wide grin as if planning it beforehand.

"Iced Caramel Latte, a lot a lot of whipped cream and if you can charm the cashier then ask for more caramel syrup." Jeongmin laughed, craning his neck to look behind the counter. "Yep, give her a wink and she should swoon."

Minwoo blushed bright red, turning to Hyunseong for his order instead.

"Just Iced Americano for me."

"Ice Blended Mocha, thanks Minwoo." Kwangmin slipped in his thanks, probably because Minwoo was technically his age and ordering him about didn't seem right. "Without whipped cream."

"A double-shot latte for you, Donghyun-hyung?" Minwoo turned to the oldest who gave an affirmative nod. "Okay, I'll be back."

("Give her a wink!")

When Minwoo returned with the drinks, Jeongmin took his and clapped happily at the amount of whipped cream. The rest thanked him as he served the drinks to Donghyun, Hyunseong and then Kwangmin.

"Where's yours?" Donghyun smiled lightly, watching the youngest return after placing the tray back at the collection counter.

"I'm fine." Minwoo blinked, biting his lower lip as he stared at the collection counter.

"All right, so right now, we have her name and if I'm not wrong, there should be at least two murders." Hyunseong started after taking a sip of his drink. Kwangmin nodded thoughtfully at the side, because while they heard of only one supposed suicide, for the girl to approach them, there should logically be at least one more.

"Sorry, Hyunseong." Donghyun cut in, attention focused on Minwoo instead of the conversation. "Should I get a cup of Vanilla Latte for you? Or is that too sweet for you?"

"I-It's okay." Minwoo hurriedly shook his head, flushed face telling a story his lips couldn't.

"Baby Minwoo forgot to buy his own~!" Jeongmin sang, trying to get some whipped cream on his straw. "How cute!"

"I-It's really okay!"

"We'll be here for quite a while." Donghyun then stood up, heading to the counter. "I hope you're fine with Vanilla Latte."

"Y-Yes!" Minwoo scrambled onto his feet, hurrying after the leader.

"Man, he's such a cutie." Jeongmin laughed, now poking his whipped cream and mixing some into his drink. "He tries so hard and it's so cute to look at. Do you guys remember that time he copied Donghyun-hyung's dressing style?"

"He did?" Hyunseong raised his eyebrows, now aware of something he hadn't noticed before. He wasn't that observant of people around him, and only until Jeongmin said that Youngmin usually does the ordering that he realised it to be true.

Youngmin figured out their tastes by observing them, as Donghyun pointed out.

"He did. Youngmin was commenting about it the other day." Kwangmin shrugged, trying to recount his twin's exact words. "Like imprinting, a chick will follow the first moving object they encounter, and Minwoo follows Donghyun's every movement since it's his first job. Youngmin said Minwoo might not have much social interactions being home-schooled and that's why he's still showing some symptoms of imprinting at this age."

"Donghyun-hyung is a mother hen?" Hyunseong rubbed his chin, watching Minwoo quickly follow Donghyun to the collection counter.

"Cluck, cluck, cluck!"

"Sorry about it, Hyunseong." Donghyun smiled as he reappeared, Minwoo insisting to take his cup of coffee himself.

"Sorry, hyung." Minwoo bowed apologetically, finding his own seat again. He waited for the conversation to continue from where it stopped, cautiously taking a sip from the hot coffee Donghyun ordered for him.

"It's fine." Hyunseong shook his head, Jeongmin giving him a knowing grin while stabbing his whipped cream. "How should we go about the investigations this time? It started off slightly abstract."

"I would think murder is more likely." Kwangmin leaned forward, a smile tugging at his lips as Jeongmin started blowing air into his drink. He used to feel slightly uncomfortable with Jeongmin's distracting ways, but the older man was more attentive than he looked. "And I don't think it'd be stopping."

"We'd need her to identify people who are in the same circle as those that died then. Those should make up our primary suspects." Hyunseong added.

"Internet says the senior that died is Kim Minho. Year 3 business student, quite well-liked. They didn't see his suicide coming, that such a young man with a bright future would end his life. His parents were devastated." Jeongmin read off his smartphone, having previously searched for it.

"Cause of death?"

"Asphyxiation. He hung himself." Jeongmin then put his phone away, shrugging. "Of course, someone could have strangled him and hung him up."

"Are we all on the same page?" Kwangmin looked at the two quiet man. Donghyun usually simply listened in, but Minwoo seemed like the sort that needed prompting of sorts.

"That it's murder?" Minwoo tilted his head curiously, gaze slowly landing on Donghyun's face.

"I'm not sure if we should just jump to that conclusion." Donghyun reached for his phone, fingers quickly typing a message. "I'll get the police to send over pictures and information. We don't want to narrow our range before starting."

Four heads nodded in agreement, and it seemed like there was nothing else for them to discuss about when Jeongmin had this glint in his eyes.

"Yes, Jeongmin?" Donghyun chuckled.

"So who thinks her hair is pretty interesting?" Jeongmin leaned his face against his palm, and Hyunseong had this exaggerated sigh.

"Jeongmin, seriously."

"It's true, hyung!" Jeongmin cackled evilly, not allowing Hyunseong's lack of enthusiasm to affect him. "That long hair is a fashion disaster!"

"It is a bit of a special hairstyle considering she's a teen in the 21st century. Her hair would reach the floor if not for her tying it around her wrist twice." Kwangmin shrugged, taking in big gulps from his drink. The sudden brain freeze made him regret his action, and Minwoo offered his drink to alleviate it. "Thanks. Maybe we should ask her about it."

"If Jeongmin's interested in a young lady like her." Donghyun teased, nudging the younger man.

"No way. I'm a loyal friend. Hyunseong-hyung's got his eyes on her."

"What?!" Hyunseong widened his eyes, face showing disbelief. "When did that happen?"

"But she IS your style."

"No-what?!"

"Innocent and cute." Jeongmin said, and for better effect, even battered his eyelashes prettily. "Like me with longer hair."

The whole table broke out into fits of laughter while Jeongmin flipped his imaginary long hair, arranging his fringe while he was at it.

-

"Two murders, three days ago and yesterday." Donghyun repeated, looking thoughtfully at the information Youngmin neatly scribbled down. "I'll ask about yesterday's one too."

"How was she?" Kwangmin nudged his twin, finally asking the question that has been nagging him. They all gathered for lunch and because their client was there too, he avoided raising the question. "Mentally."

"She's quite shaken by the two suicides. She didn't know them very well, but she knew their faces and they had at some point of time talked to her." Youngmin said, referring to his notes he had photocopied.

"No." Kwangmin shook his head, causing the five detectives to turn to him for the sudden negative reply. "I mean, mentally."

"Kwangmin?" Youngmin blinked, and they were apparently going through some communication breakdown, the older twin looking as puzzled as before.

("Oh no, twin power needs recharging!")

"You mean..." Hyunseong started, subtle frown etched on his forehead, himself joining the conversation naturally. "If she's crazy?"

"Yeah." Kwangmin nodded hesitantly. It was always a delicate issue to talk about, and Youngmin wondered when Kwangmin learnt sensitivity.

The him from before would probably shoot his mouth.

"Why would you..." Hyunseong's words trailed off, seemingly recalling the meeting they had hours before. Sure, if they reviewed the situation with an assumption that she was not in the right state of mind, a lot of information becomes useless.

It could all just be hallucinations in her head.

"But the deaths occurred." Hyunseong clapped his hands, as if summoning his focus back. "It's not like there's no dead bodies or the likes."

"I guess, but just in case." Kwangmin rubbed the back of his neck, then shrugging. "Oh well."

"No." Donghyun smiled softly, commanding attention without much effort. "It's a good question. Youngmin?"

Youngmin pressed his lips together and nodded slightly to say he was thinking it through. He then reviewed his notes again, shaking his head in reply. "I can't be too sure. Her answers are mostly consistent, and the rest could be attributed to the shock."

"Okay, keep that possibility open." Donghyun nodded, turning to Hyunseong with a slightly cheeky smile. "Would you like to be our contact point?"

"Between her and us...?" Hyunseong questioned back, ignoring Jeongmin's snickers. He would like to believe that Donghyun gave him the responsibility not because of the frivolous reason from before.

"Yes, as she's still young, I would prefer her to have someone to talk to instead of the entire group. It would seem less intimidating too. Youngmin would seem like a good choice, but you did say you were interested in the more intrinsic parts of cases." Donghyun replied, the previous smile now replaced with something more serious.

"Yep, I'll be the point of contact." Hyunseong nodded, apparently satisfied with the answer.

"The rest of us...?"

"We can play!" Jeongmin laughed, while Kwangmin rolled his eyes at the predictable older man.

"We need to wait for the reports on the two deaths and check for signs of murder. After our conclusion, we'd either do more investigations or reassure her it was just a coincidence. I don't want everyone focused on this, though." Donghyun summarised, noticing everyone's confused faces at his last sentence. "We still have last week's case ongoing, so we need to spread our manpower."

"What's the spread?" Minwoo asked quietly from across Donghyun that the older had to strain his ears a bit. Jeongmin wasn't being helpful by munching noisily on snacks at the side, looking especially interested when Minwoo spoke up.

"Currently 5:1, Hyunseong's in charge of her case. We'd adjust along the way."

Minwoo nodded quickly in understanding, then proceeding to memo it down.

"So about that case last week..." Kwangmin started, the atmosphere of the office now setting in again.

-

"Thank you." Boho said shyly, cautiously looking around. "Thank you for everything. I wasn't very hopeful, but I'm glad you guys would help me."

Hyunseong offered a kind smile, pushing a piece of cake towards the girl. "No worries, I'm glad you don't mind us calling to meet you often though."

"Of course not!" The lady smiled prettily, posture now a bit more confident. "You guys need as much information as possible, so of course."

"Now, let me clarify something. The first man who died was your senior in school, and the second was someone you met at church before." Hyunseong paused, watching the lady nod along to the words, smile disappearing at the mention of the deaths. "Do they know each other?"

"...not that I know of?" She tried a small smile, reaching for her cup of coffee and holding it as if to calm her nerves. "They came from different backgrounds and the church person was much older than us."

"Did you know the church person well?"

"No, I met him only once or twice because he doesn't go to church often. But my mother knows a lot of people so she told me about his death." Boho bit her lower lip, fingers circling the table. "And the day before his death, I had dreamt of him crying, screaming. His face was red, a-and-"

Hyunseong gave Boho a soothing pat on the back, whispering "it's okay" over and over again. The young girl clasped her hands together tightly, skin turning white as she restricted her own blood flow unconsciously.

Reaching to cover her hands with his own, Hyunseong smiled when she turned sharply.

"It's okay." Hyunseong said again, and somewhere in him, the innate protective instincts awoken.

-

"I've reorganised the content as instructed." Minwoo announced, placing a copy of his work on each colleague's table except Hyunseong who was currently out with the client. He had taken over Jeongmin's work since it was his forte, reading and categorising. "There are enough evidence against our current suspect, but..."

"But?" Kwangmin was the first to catch the uncertainty in Minwoo's voice.

"But instincts says otherwise." Youngmin smiled softly. Minwoo and himself always end up conflicting the evidences available, yet never have the right words to use.

He goes by imitating a criminal's psychology. Minwoo goes by instincts.

He could tell Kwangmin is irked with his own ways, but the youngest member of their team frustrates his twin to no end. Minwoo is never too confident with his own answers and it makes it very difficult for the rest of the team to side with his instincts. Especially since Kwangmin's too used to looking at the logical side of everything.

If the evidence points to the suspect, he must be it. It's a simple equation and that's all there is to it.

So when Kwangmin let out an exaggerated sigh because it's been three days since they first went over this case with no conclusion, Youngmin could see Minwoo flinch a bit. His resolve was wavering, and it's like he could cave into the pressure and change his stand anytime.

It would be frustrating to work with someone who can't decide on their stand, but even Youngmin felt there was something off with the case this time. He turned to their leader and waited for him to say something.

Donghyun finally looked up when Minwoo opened his mouth and started stuttering. "Minwoo, was there something that stood out when you were organising these?"

"T-The evidences. T-They were too on point." Minwoo managed, but kept his head hung low.

"Is that even a problem?"

"Relax." Jeongmin smiled at Kwangmin, easing the tension with his demeanour. "Cutie pie's not the best speaker but his instincts are sharp. Don't go around scaring him like that."

"Jeongmin-hyung?" Youngmin raised an eyebrow, wondering why Jeongmin would say something so different from how he expected the older man to be. He was sure Jeongmin was similar to Kwangmin in their line of thoughts. Sure, it would be very Jeongmin to speak up for Minwoo when he gets cornered like that, but actually saying that his instincts were sharp is stating a stand - he was on the youngest side.

"If someone can tell things from words, Minwoo can." Jeongmin smiled softly, turning to Minwoo. "I wrote a grocery list as usual today morning and he asked if I was in a bad mood."

Right, they shared an apartment.

"So you're in a bad mood?" Kwangmin raised his eyebrow, the twins now looking very much alike with the same expression.

"A bit." Jeongmin shrugged, and Youngmin frowned subtly. He hadn't realised Jeongmin's tamer behaviour could be linked to his mood, but Minwoo read it through a grocery list. "But I'll settle it soon so no worries."

Minwoo fidgeted a bit more, a light blush on his face because of Jeongmin's praise which he doesn't think he was worthy of.

"Kwangmin, please tell me what you would like to do." Donghyun smiled, eyes finally leaving the document after a second re-read.

Kwangmin bit his lower lip, recognising that Donghyun was giving him the authority to lead the case because of his strong opinions. Their leader does that from time to time, and he calls it taking a break but the other five sees it as nurturing - though only Kwangmin and Hyunseong ever got to lead because the other three just weren't that sort.

"We'll look into it."

-

"It's a bad news." Hyunseong shook his head on the rare return to the office. He had been looking into the case and organising his thoughts based on the two preceding cases and was about to conclude them when today came around. "We have a third death."

"Murder or suicide?" Donghyun asked immediately, as if already knowing it from the way Hyunseong entered the office with a frown etched on his forehead.

"By this time, I'm sure it's a murder made to look like a suicide." Hyunseong sighed, revealing that he was all ready to write them off as suicide should there not be any more cases. "The victim made plans to watch a movie with his girlfriend this weekend and had a two weeks holiday to Europe coming up next month."

"How is she coping?" Youngmin piped in, still having memories of the girl and her long hair even though they were still caught up with investigations on another case.

"...not very well." Hyunseong tried a smile. "Just yesterday, she told me that she saw this man drown in her dreams. The fact that it rained today doesn't help."

"Did she tell you before or after the weather forecast?"

Five heads turned to the youngest member who cowered at the attention.

"...why?" Kwangmin frowned, wondering if this was another Minwoo instinct thing.

"J-Just curious." Minwoo stuttered, bowing timidly when Jeongmin laughed and patted his back.

"Just answer his question, Hyunseong-hyung." Jeongmin chuckled, pinching Minwoo's cheek. "Why would you make cutie pie so frightened, Kwangminnie~?"

"..." Hyunseong bit his lower lip as he tried recollecting. "It was a bit late, and we were talking...after."

"What did the forensic team say?" Donghyun spoke, drawing attention back to himself. "Are they believing it to be a suicide?"

"They don't follow the case." Hyunseong shrugged lightly. "They see them as three individual death cases so I guess we can't blame them. They are certain the three are all death by asphyxiation though."

"And curiously none of them snapped their necks." Jeongmin hummed thoughtfully.

There was silence followed after, but the shortest member kept his light smile and waited for someone to pick up the silence.

"Hyunseong, would you bring us there?" The leader requested politely, fingers tapping a slow rhythm on the table.

"Us?"

"Wouldn't you like to see it too?" Donghyun smiled as he addressed Youngmin. While he usually go to the crime scene alone to minimise disturbance to the place, he was sure the team would be curious about the cause of the difference in opinions on the verdict. It wasn't always that the forensic team had a different idea.

Kwangmin nodded eagerly, the first to get on his feet. Jeongmin hurried after the younger twin, while Youngmin smiled softly at Minwoo's thoughtful expression and waited for him.

"Is there anything wrong?" Youngmin tilted his head to a side.

Minwoo pressed his lips together and smiled quickly. "No."

Hyunseong then led the way for the remaining three, and Youngmin found himself making way for Minwoo to settle into pace next to their leader.

The youngest member seemed to be whispering something, voice too soft for anyone else to catch. Donghyun gave him a gentle smile and nodded in reply, to which Minwoo hurriedly bowed his thanks to. His expression also eased into a comfortable smile, a far cry from the nervous one he sent Youngmin a while ago.

"Hyunseong, can you bring Boho-ssi along too? Minwoo would like to speak to her."

-

Youngmin found the pair before him more interesting than the crime scene. He wasn't really trained to look around the crime scene, so it wasn't really a surprise that his gaze fell on the usually soft-spoken team member and their young client.

Jeongmin was running around here and there, suffering a few warning looks from the police team but only receiving a light smile from Donghyun. Hyunseong mimicked Donghyun going around and tried to learn the ways of the leader while Kwangmin went around alone to have a look of the entire area. He tried slipping in some questions towards the police but only received unpleasant grunts.

"So you don't really read books?" Minwoo nodded slightly, chewing on his lower lip. He wanted to take a look at the scene but also wanted to talk to their client, in the end taking the middle ground by questioning Boho at the scene. "What are your favourite genres of movies or dramas to watch?"

"Um..." Boho frowned sadly, answer coming in a bit late. "Maybe romance?"

"Pure romance or-"

"Minwoo." Youngmin cut in, an apologetic smile in place. Minwoo blinked at the sudden intrusion, finally looking at their client when Youngmin nodded his head towards her. He had been ticking things off his list of questions that he didn't realise what the shaky tone in her voice meant. "Boho-ssi, would you like me to bring you out?"

"Yes, please." Boho trembled slightly, taking Youngmin's hand and hurriedly leaving the scene.

"So..." Jeongmin bounced over naturally, watching the disappearing back views. "Is Youngmin going to be Hyunseong-hyung's competitor?"

"I think I did something wrong." Minwoo sighed softly, keeping his list of unasked questions.

"Relax." Jeongmin smiled kindly, ruffling Minwoo's hair. "You're just anxious. It's not immediate for us to realise that what we see as everyday cases will hit people harder as deaths."

"You knew it too?" Minwoo looked even more crestfallen, reprimanding himself internally for selfishly asking Donghyun if he could speak to her. And even more for bringing her to the crime scene thoughtlessly.

"We learn when we make mistakes." Jeongmin chuckled, slinging his arm around Minwoo and pulling the younger man closer. "Don't fret too much, Youngmin will fix her back up. Besides, you're still new! Mistakes can't be helped. Not everyone is Donghyun-hyung from day one."

Minwoo let his eyes follow the said man, not knowing the shorter man beside him was cackling away.

"Where is Boho?"

Minwoo flinched.

"Youngmin took her out, probably to a nearby shop or something." Jeongmin said lightly, assuring the older man. Hyunseong still looked a bit worried, hurrying towards the exit when Jeongmin continued to say they only left a few minutes ago. "I was just joking but I guess he's really into her..."

Minwoo turned to Jeongmin, biting his lip as he nodded in agreement to Jeongmin's rare thoughtful words. It wasn't like Hyunseong to look so anxious.

-

Kwangmin took in a deep breath.

He turned to Youngmin, who stayed back in the office with him, and finally let the air out.

And then he took in another deep breath.

"If you are that curious, then ask." Youngmin chuckled lightly, watching Kwangmin hesitate again and again. "I'm your twin, I take psychology, but those two added up does not make me a mind reader."

"Would be a lot easier for me if you were." Kwangmin sighed. "You...think there's a possibility that the suspect was framed?"

"What do you think?" Youngmin smiled lightly, having a slight inkling of where the conversation was headed towards. "Donghyun-hyung did leave you in-charge."

"Sometimes I wish he wouldn't do that." Kwangmin puffed his cheeks up again, eyes now back on the neatly compiled documents. "All this burden. I could ruin someone's life with a bad judgement."

"Even more reason why Donghyun-hyung is trying to let you and Hyunseong-hyung take charge more often." Youngmin shrugged.

Hyunseong was still the only one in charge of their client, easily explaining his absence at 8pm in the office. Donghyun had some meeting since the late afternoon with the police probably about some new case and whether or not the team wants to take it up.

Because Kwangmin hasn't decided on the exact things he wanted to do with the case Donghyun left him to lead, Jeongmin and Minwoo then went ahead home with Youngmin's assurance that it was totally fine.

("But..." Minwoo looked slightly guilty, chewing on his lower lip.

Jeongmin hooked the youngest's arm with his own, then dragging him away. "Come on, Minwoo, you've got to feed me!")

"He sees potential in the both of you." Youngmin continued, a small smile playing on his lips as he thought back about Jeongmin's subtle ways of taking care of Minwoo. "Like Minwoo would-"

"Probably fall into depression if he made the wrong judgement." Kwangmin finished quietly.

Youngmin pressed his lips together and tried to gauge Kwangmin's opinions of Minwoo.

Kwangmin was all onboard when Donghyun asked their opinions of inviting Minwoo into the team. They all were, he was a very unique person afterall.

Minwoo knew the ways to treat people, and if Youngmin had to describe his mannerism, it would be that it was too perfect; as if he was a textbook definition of polite. That sort of perfectness, though, didn't seem like it was natural - the way Donghyun carries himself. It felt like a conscientious effort, each and every one of them, and the impression Youngmin formed was that Minwoo becomes very afraid to make claims and state a stand. It was like he was always trying to find a middle ground, be that accommodating presence and create this win-win situation that he finds himself unable to.

And Minwoo's helplessness shines through, his every hesitation shows in his words and actions. Donghyun and Jeongmin were both trying to help him gain confidence in himself, knowing he was intelligent enough. But Kwangmin wasn't the most patient person.

Actually, some parts of Minwoo actually reminded Youngmin of himself. He hasn't thought of himself as a fully qualified detective yet, as Minwoo probably thought too. They both didn't quite fit into this team of logical brains and it could get stressful. It could.

Maybe that's why he identifies so much with the youngest member.

And maybe, he too, annoyed his twin with his indecisiveness at times. Did Kwangmin put up with him because they were twins? What about Minwoo who he knew for less than a year?

What does Kwangmin actually think of Minwoo? Just someone he has to work with for the job?

The dynamics of the team was sure something he could study when he has more time on his hand. Youngmin smiled softly, reminding himself that he should consider looking at each of their personality and the conflicts that could possibly arise.

"Earth to you!" Kwangmin frowned, waving the documents before Youngmin's face and ready to roll them up for a makeshift bat.

"Hm?" Youngmin hummed distractedly, slowly focusing back and wondering what he thought he heard Kwangmin say.

"It's just that the possibility of the suspect being framed keeps becoming bigger." Kwangmin repeated, leaning his weight back onto the chair. "I secretly wish Minwoo can state his opinions with a loud voice."

"Don't make someone else decide for you." Youngmin chided lightly. "We're not at a court hearing, you don't need Minwoo to persuade you, and you know that better than anyone else."

"Sometimes it helps, you know." Kwangmin sighed, but know his twin was right. "Like anything Donghyun-hyung says immediately sounds like the truth."

"Don't make him so infallible. We may stress him out with our expectations."

Kwangmin raised an eyebrow at the warning, then nodding in understanding. He stared at the documents a second longer, placing them down with resolve previously absent.

"We'll wrap up today. Reconfirm alibis, odd occurrences and murder motive tomorrow with the rest."

Youngmin only smiled.

-

I’m so so so sorry, I have completely no idea how it turned out so angsty.
It wasn’t supposed to be so angsty, but I guess it works since they are all still new to the business and all. :/

This was way too long to read in one-shot and I have not finished writing it, so I decided to post the first part first.
To be completely honest, I'm a bit sad the second part turned out a bit screwed because I think I dragged a few parts out and the rest are rushed so I'm very confused by myself too T___T
Thank you to the 7 commenters and 47 subscirbers who waited for me!! 

(I'm a bit sad I couldn't make this case any more convincing or interesting...you'll get what I mean when I post part 2 ;~~;)