Truth

Someone Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungmi went to school alone. She can’t help but have mixed feelings about this. She feels grateful to Chanyeol at the same time guilty for asking such a selfish thing. She also felt scared on what Chanyeol might do when he finds out about what Taehyung did to her. Speaking of Taehyung, he had his eyes completely on her when she entered their classroom.

“Kyungmi!” Luhan waved at her seat. Her eyes were oozing out curiosity.

“Hi Luhan,” Kyungmi waved. “Can we just talk about it some other time?” she whispered at her best friend. Just then, Chanyeol came in.

“Hey Chanyeol!” Luhan greeted just as lively. “How were you last night?”

“Lulu, if I asked you to drop that topic, will you?” Chanyeol took a seat in front of Luhan. “I don’t want you guys talking about me and Kyungmi, at least while we’re at school,” he whispered. “Especially in front of Taehyung,”

“But why?” Luhan was whispering back. “What the hell is going on?”

Kyungmi pretended to be playing on her phone, but she was whispering to Luhan as well. “I’ll explain it to you as soon as I am ready. But for now, please, do as Chanyeol says,”

 

Chanyeol got back to his seat and risked a glance at Taehyung, who was looking at Kyungmi with a triumphant smile. His hands balled into fists so filled with anger that his knuckles turned white. He saw how Kyungmi was so scared she couldn’t even bring her chin up to look at anyone. He pulled out a paper and pen, and began writing.

“Sehun! I need you to do something for me,” Chanyeol called when he finished writing. “Give this to Kyungmi later, will you? Don’t let Taehyung see you, got it?”

“Sure, but can you tell me what’s going on? Why aren’t you talking to each other? Did you guys fight again?” Sehun’s brows furrowed.

“She’ll tell you everything in due time, but for now, just let us be at school,” Chanyeol frowned.

 

Lunch break came, Luhan and Kyungmi ate at the campus rooftop where as Chanyeol and Sehun had their lunch at the cafeteria.

“Kyungmi, Sehun asked me to give this to you,” Luhan handed a piece of paper to Kyungmi. “He said it’s from Chanyeol,”

Kyungmi took the paper and read the letter out loud:

 

Dear Mimi,

               

                I don’t know what Taehyung has over you for you to be so scared of him so much. Even though we’re not talking at school, know that I am worried about you very much. I hate seeing that he has such power over someone like you. I hate seeing him treating you like some property that he owns and he alone can use. You are not some property; you are a human being; a very wonderful, beautiful, smart and innocent human being. You are the most precious person for me. Also, our friends deserve to know the truth. They are also suffering seeing you and me like this. Tell them after Kai’s graduation, okay? I’ll see you tonight. I’m coming over whether you like it or not. I know that I could’ve told you these things later but words just flowed out of my mind that I had to write them down. Remember, I’ll always be here for you.

 

The two girls remained silent as they ate their lunch. Luhan laid her head on Kyungmi’s shoulder and held her best friend’s hand, clearly saying that she will never be alone anymore.

 

The next two days were spent by preparing and taking their final exams. At school, Kyungmi and Chanyeol were still not talking at each other and it made their reunion at the end of the day much more precious. Taehyung was also busy studying with Jungkook and Joohee; therefore, he couldn’t contact Kyungmi for the time being. The day of Kai’s graduation came. A party was arranged by the sibling’s parents and held at their house.

“As always son, you make me so proud,” Minseok shook hands with Kai.

“Thanks dad. You do know that I wouldn’t be here without you guys right?”

“Stop with the sappy talk. You’ll be able to help us with the family business, especially now that we’re expanding overseas,” Minyoung said. “Where are your friends by the way? I haven’t seen them anywhere,”

“They’re out there somewhere. Don’t you have to go somewhere? I don’t want you guys to be late for your appointment,” Kai reminded his parents.

“I’m so sorry we can’t stay long Kai,” Minseok apologized.

“It’s okay dad. Kyungmi and I understand,” Kai smiled.

“Alright then, take care of your little sister then Kai. We’ll contact you guys as soon as we can,” Kai bid goodbye as Minseok and Minyoung left for another business trip.

 

Kai joined up with his friends, but Chanyeol and Kyungmi was not with them, as usual.

“Where are the love birds?” Kai asked.

“Where else would they be?” Sehun rolled his eyes. “They’re inside. Talking…”

“Seriously, those two, they won’t talk when they’re at school but as soon as they’re out, they do nothing but talk,” Kai sighed.

‘We’ll know why soon enough,” Luhan reminded.

 

Meanwhile, at Kyungmi’s room, Chanyeol and the girl were curled up into a cuddling position with him being the big spoon. Kyungmi decided to tell Chanyeol everything tonight. Her current relationship with Taehyung, the , the punishment and the threat.

“I know what this may look like Chanyeol. I’ve been punishing myself every time, ever since all this mess started. I’ve been so weak all this time,” Kyungmi said.

“Is that one of the reasons why you kept on slitting your wrist?” Chanyeol got a nod as a response.

“I couldn’t say no to him. Taehyung is my kryptonite. I’m the slave and he’s the master,” Kyungmi continued. “And what the most is that I enjoy it. I enjoy him playing with every part of my body. I’m such a aren’t I? I deserved to be punished. I didn’t want you guys to hate me or judge me that’s why I kept this as a secret,”

“You’re not a ,” Ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter