Scars

Someone Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Kyungmi woke up with a one hell of a headache. She saw on her bedside table, a note, two Advil and a glass of fresh orange juice.

 

“To my cute Mimi,

 

                                Good morning! I went home to get some fresh clothes and get cleaned up. Hope your hangover isn’t as bad as I’m imagining. I’ll be back later so get cleaned up. I also asked your parents’ permission to stay over for the weekend. Just like old times Mimi, I mean it when I said that I missed you so much,”

 

Kyungmi didn’t know why but a smile suddenly crawled its way on her lips. For the first time in months, a sincere smile has escaped Kyungmi’s lips.

“Kyungmi, breakfast’s ready!” Minyoung called from their dining room.

“Coming!” Kyungmi quickly covered her scars with concealer once again and went downstairs. “Good morning!” She greeted her family.

“Chanyeol left early this morning. He asked permission to stay over tonight and tomorrow,” Minseok flipped over his newspaper lifelessly.

“So it would seem,” Kyungmi responded nonchalantly.

“Do you know why?” Minseok pressed. Kyungmi just shook her head.

“I think Chanyeol would finally make a move to win my little sister’s heart,” Kai said dramatically.

“Shut up Kai!” Kyungmi shrugged. “We all know that Chanyeol has a girlfriend now, a very famous, very beautiful girlfriend,”

“Stop bickering early in the morning,” Minyoung interrupted. “There’s something I need to tell you. Your dad and I will be going away for a business trip today. We’re not sure when will we back,”

“Where to, Mom?” Kai asked.

“Daegu,” Minyoung responded. “One of our music studios is expanded and is in need of supervising,”

“Will you guys be fine without us,” Minseok’s eyes darted over to Kyungmi.

“We’ll be fine,” Kyungmi shrugged, causing her parents to frown. “I cook a lot better than Kai,”

“Chanyeol will be here too. You guys don’t have to worry,” Kai added.

 

Kyungmi finished her breakfast and took a bath. She wore a white long sleeves pull-over and applied thick concealer for her scars. Minyoung and Minseok were already prepared to go when Chanyeol returned to the Kim household.

“You guys take care now. Watch over my little princess, okay?” Minseok looked at the two boys seriously. Kai simply nodded.

“Don’t worry Uncle Minseok. I’ll protect her with my own life,” Chanyeol said sincerely. Kyungmi bit her lip as if she was trying to stop her tears from falling.

Minseok stepped forward Chanyeol and leaned in on his ear. “The last time someone told me that, he unknowingly scarred my little girl’s heart and broke her emotionally. So be careful when you say that,” he whispered loud enough for Chanyeol but not for Kyungmi.

“I’m pulling an all-nighter at the library tonight. You’ll have the house to yourselves. Don’t do anything stupid,” Kai teased.

“The only thing stupid around here is you and your stupid mouth,” Chanyeol rolled his eyes.

 

Kai and Chanyeol went to the living room in the second floor to play some video games while Kyungmi was left alone in the kitchen to prepare lunch for three people.

“Do you want to watch some movie Kyungmi-ah?” Kai asked his little sister.

“Comedy? Romance?” Chanyeol laid out some movies.

“No,” Kyungmi shook her head. “No romance or comedy. I only want to watch horror movies nowadays,” she took out her flash drive and connected it to the player. “Can we watch Toon Killer?”

“Toon Killer then,” Kai nodded and clicked the movie. The three sat on the floor as they eat the lunch Kyungmi prepared. Kai was seated on Kyungmi’s left side while Chanyeol sat on the girl’s right side.

 

Chanyeol suddenly took out his phone and sent a Line message to Kai.

Chanyeol: Why doesn’t Kyungmi like romance or comedy movies?

Kai: I don’t know either. She used to love those kinds of movies but ever since she broke up with Taehyung, she started to watch Horror and Horror movies only.

Chanyeol: Isn’t that a bit exaggerated?

Kai: I’m not joking! For the first three months, she watched the Japanese versions of “The Grudge” and “The Ring” and she didn’t even flinch when she watched them. Like my dad said, he broke her emotionally.

Chanyeol: I want to punch that bastard!

Kai: I wanted to do that since December, I’m already graduating and I haven’t done that yet.

Chanyeol: So why can’t we?

Kai: Because he didn’t do anything wrong. He just fell OUT of love for my sister.

Chanyeol: And that isn’t reason enough?

 

Kai sighed and hid his phone. Chanyeol did the same and focused his attention on Kyungmi. Kai wasn’t exaggerating. Kyungmi didn’t flinch once while watching the movie when he and Kai felt grossed out. There’s only a blank look plastered on her face. Chanyeol frowned when he saw her so emotionless.

 

When the movie ende

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter