Prologue

Someone Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

January 26, 2012

 

The Sophomores of Seoul Performance Arts University is having an examination at different music rooms. Kyungmi was preparing for solo performance, she’s with her best friend Luhan who will perform with her boyfriend Oh Sehun. She decided to sing “Never Had a Dream Come True” by SClub 7which is dedicated for her future boyfriend Kim Taehyung; she’s planning on telling him with her performance. Taehyung, or also called as V at school, will be performing with his best friend Jeon Jungkook.  Taehyung will be playing the guitar and Jungkook will sing. They will perform “Marry Me” by Jason Derulo.

“Uhm… Taehyunggie…  Please listen to my song. I’m dedicating it for you,” Kyungmi approached Taehyung and whispered at his ear when her name was called.

Taehyung blushed at Kyungmi. “Oh… T-thank you,” he stuttered because he was taken aback by the girl’s proximity.

“Hey… Stop staring at her like that or she’ll melt,” Jungkook teased as Kyungmi walked away to the stage.

“I can’t help it. I just love her. I love everything about her and I can’t get enough of her,” Taehyung sighed lovingly.

“I know. You’ve been telling me that ever since you began pursuing her,” Jungkook smiled encouragingly at his best friend.

“Yeah, and now, I’m finally gonna be able to ask her to be my girlfriend. Are the flowers ready?” Jungkook nodded at Taehyung.

 

Kyungmi approached the stage and before her song started, Taehyung approached her with a mic on his right hand and a bouquet of tulips on his other.

“Taehyung?” Kyungmi’s eyes widened.

“There so many things I want to say, too many that can’t even begin to put in words,” Taehyung took a deep breath before he continued. “But to summarize everything I want to say, I love you. I love the way you talk, the way you laugh, the way you hit me whenever I tease you, the way you smile and when I did something that makes you happy. I love the way you cry whenever you’re angry with your brothers, the way you sneeze, the way you burp, the way you snore. I love y everything about you. Will you please be my girlfriend?”

Everyone was quiet, nervous for the girl’s response. Kyungmi knew her answer even before Taehyung finished his speech. “You’re such a cheese ball Taehyung! First of all, get ready for a beating later because you just told everyone in our class that I snore. But most importantly, I love you too and yes, I would be honoured to be your girlfriend,” Kyungmi took the flowers from Taehyung and kissed him on the cheek. Taehyung lifted Kyungmi up and twirled her around the music room while everybody cheered.

 

January 26, 2013

 

Kyungmi was all packed and ready to go. She has been waiting for this day for the past few weeks. It’s her and Taehyung's first anniversary as a couple. Taehyung is her first boyfriend; it kind of explains why she was so happy and excited for this day.  They planned on going on a trip to Busan for their celebration.

“Mom! Dad! We’re leaving!” Kyungmi called. Her dad, Minseok, and his mom, Minyoung, came down from their room.

“Be careful kids. Taehyung, make sure to take care of our daughter, okay?” Minseok reminded.

“We leave Kyungmi in your capable hands, Taehyung. You’ll be home for dinner on Sunday right?” Minyoung smiled motherly.

“Yes Mrs. Kim. Don’t worry Mr. Kim, Mrs. Kim, I’ll take care of her with my own life,” Taehyung promised.

 

Taehyung used his car to get to Busan. His father was thoughtful enough to give him money to get the car a full tank gas. They decided to eat dinner at a restaurant. While Kyungmi was calmly eating her food, Taehyung can’t help but feel restless.

“Babe, what’s wrong? Are you okay?” Kyungmi looked worriedly at Taehyung.

“I’m fine I’m just nervous. It’s my first time doing this. Even though you’re the second girlfriend I had, I didn’t have the chance to shower my ex the love I felt for her, but now I know that it’s because I’ve never loved her the way I loved you,” Kyungmi just continued staring curiously at Taehyung so the boy just continued speaking. “We’ve been together for a year now,” Taehyung took out a box from his pocket. Kyungmi’s eyes widened. “I’m not proposing or anything! I know you’re not ready for this. Don’t worry. But this will be my promise for you,” Taehyung opened the box and revealed two identical rings. He but the bigger ring on his left ring finger and put the smaller one on Kyungmi’s left ring finger as well. “A promise to spend more anniversaries with you as long as I can. I know that the future isn’t set in stone but I’d like to believe that we are meant for each other,”

 

December 19, 2013

 

Kyungmi and Taehyung were on their way to the girl’s house. They just finished their exams before the winter vacation officially starts. The couple was quiet in Taehyung’s car; they just had an argument, something that they have been doing a lot lately.

“What movie do you want to watch babe? It’s your turn to pick,” Kyungmi was arranging the movie player.

“Kyungmi, we need to talk,” Taehyung sighed. Kyungmi gulped and took a seat beside Taehyung.

“What’s wrong babe?” Kyungmi didn’t miss that Taehyung called her “Kyungmi” instead of “babe”.

“I’m tired of us fighting. It doesn’t do us anything good. It’s exhausting and very unhealthy,” Taehyung sighed again.

“W-what are you trying to say?”

“I’m not breaking up wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter